[Q] Separate Live Wallpaper enabler?

Search This thread

Eujin

Aug 16, 2007
Hey All,

Due to some oddities, I've discovered that using any other launcher with the Adam will make it force static wallpapers to be 800x600, even when using Wallpaper Set and Save. This change seems to be permanent, as even after uninstalling launcher pro/zeam/etc, the only way to get it to properly display 1024x600 wallpapers again is to factory reset. (This doesn't appear to be exclusive to the Adam, as I've found threads about it on the Gtab and Galaxy Tab sections)

With this in mind, it appears that live wallpapers aren't affected by this, based off what I've read in these other threads.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to allow Live wallpaper on the Adam without using a highly modified rom. I'm using the basic Notion Ink Hacks x3 (Market/Root/Adhoc) modification for the adam, and really don't want to use Beast or EdenX as that'd require another wipe, and may break further updates from Notion Ink.

Is there anyway to install Live Wallpapers through adding the APK through root explorer, or any other method without changing the rom? Is anyone able to create an enabler/installer for this for us Market/Root/Adhoc folks?

Any/all info is appreciated.

thesfbay

Jul 9, 2010
I personlly use Beast rom in its last version + Launcher Pro.

Though I don't remember if it gave me access to the Live wallpaper function or not, I spent time looking around in Notion Addicts & Notion ink Hacks forums on how to fix that "ulgy wallpaper bug"

After installing "Flick ur Pics" app in the market, If you long touch the screen then go to Live wallpaper -> Flick ur Pics -> "Manage favorites", then you should be able to choose one or several picts and set them as wallpapers.

That's the only way I found to center the wallpaper and diplay it correclty in the right resolution (1024x600). This market app has some nice functions anyway :)

Eujin

Aug 16, 2007
I personlly use Beast rom in its last version + Launcher Pro.

Though I don't remember if it gave me access to the Live wallpaper function or not, I spent time looking around in Notion Addicts & Notion ink Hacks forums on how to fix that "ulgy wallpaper bug"

After installing "Flick ur Pics" app in the market, If you long touch the screen then go to Live wallpaper -> Flick ur Pics -> "Manage favorites", then you should be able to choose one or several picts and set them as wallpapers.

That's the only way I found to center the wallpaper and diplay it correclty in the right resolution (1024x600). This market app has some nice functions anyway :)

As much as I wish I could do this, this is a Live Wallpaper, which I sadly cannot use at this point, until I can get info on how to sideload the required live wallpaper APKs, or someone is awesome enough to create a file for it.