[Q] Skullcandy 50/50 Earbuds w/ Microphone and Sprint HTC Hero

Search This thread

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
So, I've searched all over, and I can't find anyone who's had this problem, so I don't know if it's just my set up or what.

I got a set of $50 Skullcandy 50/50's for Christmas from my fiancee, and they're not fully functioning on my Hero. When I plug them in, I get the indicator that shows the headphones with microphone on the top of my screen, but the only thing that works is the sound. I can hang up and switch lines with the button on the microphone, but the volume up/down won't work, and the microphone does not push sound through. When I push the volume up/down buttons on my headset, I can hear clicking on the other end of the call though.

Now keep in mind, I've tried these earbuds on a couple different phones, and they work just as they should. They worked on an iPhone 4 and a Droid Incredible.

Is there something I'm missing, or a fix that someone has found to resolve this? I even went as far has having my phone replaced, and it does the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
I have the same problem with some scosche headphones. They change the volume skip tracks, answer and hangup, and I can hear people on the other end. Problem is they cant hear me. Mic won't function. And it only happens on the hero.

As far as I can tell, the hero is just finicky and doesn't like certain headphones/mics. doesn't matter what rom or kernel you use.

I just gave up on it.

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
Yeah, it's kind of irritating because I spent so much money on them. I'll just wait it out until I get a new phone. I just can't figure out how it won't work on this phone, but it shows like it should. It's just blowing my mind right now.

LuvKnuckle

Nov 21, 2010
schofield
I have 3 different pairs of skullcandy headphones 2 pair of the smokin buds and a pair of lowriders and I havent had that problem with any of them on my hero...I have an Alltel hero and I switch Roms 2-3 times a week. The only thing i can think of suggesting right now is to plug in the headset with the phone off and power it up with them still connected.

Found something that may help..but I cant post links so go to your webbrowser and type in code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/ and download the widget. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
I have 3 different pairs of skullcandy headphones 2 pair of the smokin buds and a pair of lowriders and I havent had that problem with any of them on my hero...I have an Alltel hero and I switch Roms 2-3 times a week. The only thing i can think of suggesting right now is to plug in the headset with the phone off and power it up with them still connected.

Found something that may help..but I cant post links so go to your webbrowser and type in code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/ and download the widget. Hope this helps.

The widget didn't help :-(

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone