[Q] Slow performance.. dissapointment

Search This thread

jendrassik

Apr 16, 2010
OK I'm backing the general sentiment of the OP. I got my Galaxy Nexus (GSM) in the UK at the turn of the year and was happy with the performance. 4.0.2 OTA ruined it! End of.

Stutters when transitioning from app drawer to widgets drawer....general lag on some apps etc, that was not there on 4.0.1. I tried rooting, and flashing 4.0.2 stock again to see if it was something wrong with my OTA update....nada.

I'm sticking with it until the next OTA as this was one phone I didn't want to root and flash a new rom every 5 seconds, but I'm a bit annoyed that 4.0.2 caused the lag it did!

Before anyone comments that they have stock 4.0.2 and have no lag.....I'm over the moon for you...but a little search will show you MANY MANY posts from people who have stock 4.0.2 and do!

Huge lag and touchscreen missing touches after 4.0.2 Ota... hoping next ota to fix these all

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

crossover37

Oct 18, 2010
The GN is not as fast as the Exynos GSII

I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus and it has AOKP build 25 with Fugomod kernel on it and this thing still is laggy. I tried many different roms and kernels and it still lags.

Some people say they have a buttery smooth Nexus and I'm jealous of you because mine feels like a 700mhz single core phone with 256mb of ram.

What's the deal? Why is it lagging (stock keyboard, browsing, app drawer, etc)

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Am I glad to people actually discussing on here rather than bashing.
The point of this thread was for me to find out if other people had thought the same thing I did in regards to overall speed of the phone. Did I say gnex sucks, or ICS sucks or that I hate the phone so much that I regret the purchase? No.
If I wanted to return the phone I would have done it long ago. I don't need to come on here to "bash" or ask for advice on whether I should return it.

Obviously I love the gnex. But would love to know why it is not as snappier as the RAZR. And what the reason could be. Is it because ICS is resource heavy? Or the hardware not completely optimized for ICS. Or is it because the software buttons (back, home, multitask) are a lot slower than the hardware ones.

It is a discussion. If you think that this post is bashing on your precious phone then don't read it and don't reply. Simple as that. We have the best phone in the world, most of us, including myself, waited forever for ICS, waited forever for the newest nexus and even watched amazing phones come and go while anxiously holding onto our upgrades and not giving in. And when it launched most of us purchased it the day it came out. Having endured all of that, at the end I feel as though the nexus hasn't made me 100% happy because of the speed..... :(

Well i dont find my nexus slow. But yes ICS is significantly more resource intensive than GB. And its pushing more pixels too than most devices. We can see how much of our 1gb of ram is actually locked up for other use like graphics and OS. But i still dont see any speed issues personally. Updates can only improve things.

ph00ny

Aug 10, 2008
New York
Huge lag and touchscreen missing touches after 4.0.2 Ota... hoping next ota to fix these all

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

I wouldn't call it a huge lag but mine has a few microstutters here and there

also my pattern lock input doesn't register sometimes but the phone unlocks few seconds after i've already unlocked the pattern

s2d4

Mar 28, 2009
Last edited:

Gregus59

Jul 27, 2010
Maubeuge
I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus and it has AOKP build 25 with Fugomod kernel on it and this thing still is laggy. I tried many different roms and kernels and it still lags.

Some people say they have a buttery smooth Nexus and I'm jealous of you because mine feels like a 700mhz single core phone with 256mb of ram.

What's the deal? Why is it lagging (stock keyboard, browsing, app drawer, etc)

I think you must do full wipe 2 or 3 time, download the official CM9 nightly and the r143 FuguMod and say after what do you think... My Gnex burn in my hand with this so... ;)

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
Dont know what's worse, a noob think he knows, or a cheaky noob calling other guy noobs.

My phone is totally 4g coz I haz 4g icon.
faketastically tacky ftw.
That's not even the main reason the post is so noobish

I appreciate that you went to quote me from the aokp thread.. at least you worked at being a troll. Yes I use a 4g icon on my hspa device.

Suck it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

s2d4

Mar 28, 2009
I appreciate that you went to quote me from the aokp thread.. at least you worked at being a troll. Yes I use a 4g icon on my hspa device.
Suck it
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
well, its PNG swaps... you can mod it urself if you weren't so noobish let alone thinking awesome 4g icon makes the phone more legit or feel faster.
Your post basically says that you have no ground on calling anything noob like you did.

Then you say i am trolling bcoz I called u out on it, don't let that grey matter work too hard now.

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
well, its PNG swaps... you can mod it urself if you weren't so noobish let alone thinking awesome 4g icon makes the phone more legit or feel faster.
Your post basically says that you have no ground on calling anything noob like you did.

Then you say i am trolling bcoz I called u out on it, don't let that grey matter work too hard now.

Someone is cranky.

I don't claim to be an android whiz... but if you think the galaxy nexus is slow. Then I'm going to call you a noob

Maybe if you dug a little deeper...

I know that it's 3g but looking up and seeing 4g makes it "feel" faster.. what can I say, ignorance is bliss

Sent from my francoPhone using xda premium

Now please take me super serious.. lol jack wagon

Sent from my francoPhone

DROID_INC

Aug 24, 2010
we are all noobs to someone who knows just a little more than you. Suck it son..:eek::sly:eek:ut

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have had the Nexus since launch day. I had waited for the phone since April 2011 when BGR first posted about it's existence.
    I was so happy when the phone came out and went ahead and baught 3 Nexus for the family (myself, mom and sister). I love ICS, the 720p display, camera speed, the build.. everything!
    One thing I cannot get over is how damn slow and unresponsive the phone is. I am trying to love this phone, but the slowness is really killing me.

I had the original Droid Incredible and loved it. I was given a Droid RAZR from VZW (employee line) in November and I absolutely loved how fast the phone was. Not only 4G but the phone SCREAMED!!!! It flies through everything. My phone performance felt faster than my thought process.

The RAZR made my personal phone (Incredible) at the time so slow that I could not stand using it. And I knew that I would eventually have to turn in my RAZR for some other phone, could be better, could be worse. So I went ahead and bought the Nexus the day it came out for my personal line.

But Nexus is sooooo damn slow. Like wtf. I have been trying to make myself like it.. seriously. I am again waiting for menus to open up, apps to load, phone calls to hang out like I did on my Incredible. Seriously it feels as slow as my incredible. I still have my RAZR and it is such a pleasure to use. It feel modern, I can feel the dual core processor and the 1gb ram in that phone. I cannot say the same about the Nexus. I do not know whether it is ICS that is resource heavy or maybe the software keys are not as fast as capacitive or physical buttons.

Or do I just need to overclock it or get a different ROM?!
    Someone please tell me why this phone is so effing slow. I had more apps installed on my Incredible and about the same on my RAZR but the Nexus is such a disappointment. How can I make this phone faster? Is there anyone out there who has used the RAZR and compared to Nexus side by side and to even compare the difference?
    Either way, someone please tell me if there is anyway I can make this phone feel fast, like it actually HAS a dual core inside, not just on the spec list.
    If I am unable to make this thing faster by the end of March, unfortunately I might part ways with Nexus and use one of my line's upgrade to get the RAZR.

Is there anyone out these who understands my frustration?!?!
    Am I glad to people actually discussing on here rather than bashing.
    The point of this thread was for me to find out if other people had thought the same thing I did in regards to overall speed of the phone. Did I say gnex sucks, or ICS sucks or that I hate the phone so much that I regret the purchase? No.
    If I wanted to return the phone I would have done it long ago. I don't need to come on here to "bash" or ask for advice on whether I should return it.

Obviously I love the gnex. But would love to know why it is not as snappier as the RAZR. And what the reason could be. Is it because ICS is resource heavy? Or the hardware not completely optimized for ICS. Or is it because the software buttons (back, home, multitask) are a lot slower than the hardware ones.

It is a discussion. If you think that this post is bashing on your precious phone then don't read it and don't reply. Simple as that. We have the best phone in the world, most of us, including myself, waited forever for ICS, waited forever for the newest nexus and even watched amazing phones come and go while anxiously holding onto our upgrades and not giving in. And when it launched most of us purchased it the day it came out. Having endured all of that, at the end I feel as though the nexus hasn't made me 100% happy because of the speed..... :(

Let's be honest here. The real reason you made this thread was to say, in more words, "Nahnah your phone is sloooww". After repeated attempts to help, you simply ignore them and backtrack, "help me find a rom", "I don't have time to try new roms". We get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
    My phone performance felt faster than my thought process.

I can agree with this part of your post. *sigh*

It's all better/fixed with ICS 4.0.3+ .. which you would know, if you did a search.
    Download spare parts from the market and set window animations and transition animations to fast and see if that gives your Nexus a kick in the pants!

Do that on the Razr and it's freaking ridiculous!!! I have my wife's Razr and my Nexus right here side by side and the Razr is definitely faster in overall speed. I had the Razr before and it SCREAMS!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Never said I wasn't... :D I'm just the noob that looked around said "damn... we in a noob thread"

Then Gertrude had to come and get super cereal and do a background check on me.

Sent from my francoPhone

Police noob :)