[Q] SM-N910F vs SM-N910C vs SM-N910U

Search This thread

Gloomy Moonie

Jan 9, 2015
Question

Hey guys,
I have a question: which model (Exynos/Snapdragon) offers more variety and quality when it comes to custom roms?
I've read some speculation here and there, and being a newbie in the whole android theme I cannot actually confirm any of it,
so if anyone could conclusively say which one has more going for it here on XDAdevelopers, it would be awesome.

To give a little bit of background though, I'm looking to get the best all-round smartphone that is currently available, and
as it appears that the Note 4 offers the most for the money. The only thing that's of concern to me is Touchwiz, which is why
I'm here, doing my research before buying.

I visited an official Samsung distributor to see how the Note 4 feels, and I was stunned by the display the second the consultant
put up a 4k video to show it off. The design is very solid, especially compared to the older note 3 and S4/3, which kind of looked
like those fake phone toys at the side of the latest models. Unfortunately, in the little time I had with the device at the store,
I noticed the frame drops, lags and other OS inconsistencies, which instilled doubt in my device of choice. The iphone 6/6+ on
the other hand, were a night and day difference in comparison, the fluidity and attention to detail in the software department
were much more satisfactory. Needless to say, the screen and the camera didn't make as much of an impression, and to say that
it is overpriced would be like not saying anything.

If you've read all that you can see where I am coming from with the first question. I hope that there's a way to make android
a good experience too, and if it is achievable within the Samsung array of devices, without compromising on the features
(Spen, HRM etc.), it would make the Note 4 the device to have. That said, there's no way I'd make it by myself in this sea of
information, so guidance is very welcome. To reiterate, I am new to this, so If I'm posting at the wrong thread, or if I should
make my own, do tell.

Gloomy Moonie

Jan 9, 2015

Thanks, that's a big plus towards the SM-N910C.
I have been told that when it comes to custom roms, the Exynos is at a loss. Is that still the case?

Kernel ranger

Dec 27, 2011
Guys your gonna find this really weird. I really did confirm that it isn't a clone. Here's the thing, today I came across a note 4 from an authorized distributor of the product with the model no. SM-N910F and clearly marked as the Exynos 5433 version. It is clearly marked made in VIETNAM. Anyone come across this so far and possibly shed some light on this?

Kernel ranger

Dec 27, 2011
There is no exynos F model

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app

I know how you feel about an Exynos F. Quite frankly I feel the same way but I can't help thinking that something is missing somewhere because it was stocked in the very shop I bought my S4 which had full 2 year Samsung smartcare warranty (I know this because I sent the imei and the warranty was activated). I could have taken snaps but already sold my s4 because I now want a note 4. I haven't bought it because it's strange to me. What I know is the exynos C as the official exynos not F. It's not even here (world official note 4 listing):-

Model Number *CPU *Region
*SM-N9100 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China
*SM-N9106W *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Unicom
*SM-N9108V *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Mobile
*SM-N9108W *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Mobile
*SM-N9109W *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Telecom
*SM-N910U *Samsung Exynos 5433 *HongKong,Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile
*SM-N910C *Samsung Exynos 5433 *HongKong,Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile
*SCL24 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Japan AU
*SC-01G *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Japan DOCOMO
*SM-N910F *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *EUROPE
*SM-N910FD *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *UAE
*SM-N910FQ *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Turkey
*SM-N910CQ *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Turkey
*SM-N910G *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Singapore, Sri Lanka, India
*SM-N910H *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Asia Pacific
*SM-N910K *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Korea KT+
*SM-N910S *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Korea SKT
*SM-N910L *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Korea LG+
*SM-N910P *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Sprint – US
*SM-N910R4 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *US Cellular – US
*SM-N910A *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *AT&T – US
*SM-N910T *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *T-Mobile – US
*SM-N910V *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Verizon – US
*SM-N910W8 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *North America

So even if the shop stocks original phones am not sure about it but I actually saw it, so this is why I posted about it here so that I know exactly what it is.

Reactions: GBoxxx

thomasmibrennan

Oct 6, 2010
N910F note $ carrier lock UK

I have rooted the handset and loaded BTU firmware onto my N910F and used regionlock away. My handset is still locked on Vodafone UK, no other UK sim works on the handset

Hello guys
I am in the UK and looking into replacing my Note 3 with the Octa core version of the note 4.
Do you guys have any experience with both the 910F and the 910C versions so you can give me some advice? Is the Octa Core version alot faster than the quad core? camera sensor quality differences?
I always root my devices but i am not intending to run any custom rom on the Note 4 as i was always happy with the stock Samsung ROMs. In terms of region lock, does the 910C come region locked to a certain part of the world or will it work here in the UK straight out of the box? I am also intending to use other international simcards so presumably if i root it and run "regionlock away" it should be able to remove region restrictions???
So far i only found a few units of the 910C versions sold on eBay. Do you know any other online shops that sell it here in the UK?

Many thanks in advance!

stoatwblr

Sep 12, 2011
(world official note 4 listing):-

It'd be nice (one day) to have a true WORLD phone - as in go anywhere and it will work on all carriers.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I have rooted the handset and loaded BTU firmware onto my N910F and used regionlock away. My handset is still locked on Vodafone UK, no other UK sim works on the handset

Regionlock away is only compatible with the note3, according to chainfire's web pages.

Are you sure it worked?

Reactions: tiguy99

Kernel ranger

Dec 27, 2011
I have done some investigation on the SM-N910F exynos and it has panned out to be a mediatek device = phake/counterfeit/1:1clone/chinese knock off.
Beware, I have noticed that there is a highly aggressive strategy by counterfeiters to lure you into buying a phake Note 4. I have not seen any other phone that has been soooo counterfeited like the note 4 so far. Even Zedomax gets conned here:- (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5wctoqYkpk)
Be careful guys!

optical10

Jul 5, 2006
SM-910C UK registration and support

Just got off the phone to samsung uk about getting the above model registered online which i couldn't due to the model not been in there list and they confirmed not only that i couldn't do that but there was also no uk support for that model!
Also that doesn't seem to be a 64 bit lollipop official roms out there main reason for buying this seems to be scuppered.
It would be nice if samsung had a worldwide warranty support as you could buy the phone in another country and settle in the uk and not be supported which seems rather harsh don't you think?

sb300869

Mar 8, 2014
I know how you feel about an Exynos F. Quite frankly I feel the same way but I can't help thinking that something is missing somewhere because it was stocked in the very shop I bought my S4 which had full 2 year Samsung smartcare warranty (I know this because I sent the imei and the warranty was activated). I could have taken snaps but already sold my s4 because I now want a note 4. I haven't bought it because it's strange to me. What I know is the exynos C as the official exynos not F. It's not even here (world official note 4 listing):-

Model Number *CPU *Region
*SM-N9100 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China
*SM-N9106W *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Unicom
*SM-N9108V *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Mobile
*SM-N9108W *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Mobile
*SM-N9109W *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *China Telecom
*SM-N910U *Samsung Exynos 5433 *HongKong,Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile
*SM-N910C *Samsung Exynos 5433 *HongKong,Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile
*SCL24 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Japan AU
*SC-01G *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Japan DOCOMO
*SM-N910F *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *EUROPE
*SM-N910FD *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *UAE
*SM-N910FQ *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Turkey
*SM-N910CQ *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Turkey
*SM-N910G *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Singapore, Sri Lanka, India
*SM-N910H *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Asia Pacific
*SM-N910K *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Korea KT+
*SM-N910S *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Korea SKT
*SM-N910L *Samsung Exynos 5433 *Korea LG+
*SM-N910P *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Sprint – US
*SM-N910R4 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *US Cellular – US
*SM-N910A *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *AT&T – US
*SM-N910T *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *T-Mobile – US
*SM-N910V *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *Verizon – US
*SM-N910W8 *Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 *North America

So even if the shop stocks original phones am not sure about it but I actually saw it, so this is why I posted about it here so that I know exactly what it is.

Hi, The *SM-N910C is Samsung Exynos 5433 for Europe, Asia and South America It wrong on your list

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Let you know I have installed Lollipop on my sm-n910c and it run pretty sweet. No issues. It is faster and smoother.

Just google around for installation file and installation guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: balag59

Michel Merlin

Apr 3, 2010
Versailles
(29 Nov 2014 19:53 GMT)
All these questions are answered in the general section of the note 4 forum...
Thanks to have recalled it kindly, but going one step further and adding a precise and verified link would have spared you from re-writing a big part of the answers. Could you edit your post and add this (selected and verified) link? TIA,
Versailles, Thu 30 Jul 2015 16:41:35 +0200

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
Why oh why did they not just make 2 models that are pentaband.... That would solve everything.

I mean they already charge enough money for it... Why not have them sold as unlocked and you choose whether you need Snapdragon or Exynos...done!

It'd be nice (one day) to have a true WORLD phone - as in go anywhere and it will work on all carriers.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Regionlock away is only compatible with the note3, according to chainfire's web pages.

Are you sure it worked?

Reactions: Marq221

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which one better Please Suggest me

910C - Noticeably faster cpu, better customization options (kernels etc)
    - Smoother
    - More efficient during higher loads/lower heating
    - Option to add 64 bit support

910F - A bit faster gpu
    - A bit better battery
    All these questions are answered in the general section of the note 4 forum. I used to hate it when people would reply angrily to questions by telling the people asking the questions to search in a rude manner, but I can understand why they do it lol. I'm not telling you to search in a rude manner though lol but omg, the same questions are asked over and over.

The only eynos version that'll work on every UK 4g network is the N910C version. The snapdragon n910f is good but the exynos is better, better with overall snappiness, in games, and better sound quality too, I've had both versions

N910U is exynos cat6 while N910C is cat4. The U and C versions are somewhat international exynos. There's also korean only exynos versions, they end with the letters S, K and L, all these 3 versions are cat6 too.

Then there's a 3g only version n910H, Samsung couldn't have made this note 4 release any more confusing if they tried, cause there are even more versions out there! Hope you enjoy your notes
    Trying to understand the difference between the SM-N910F vs SM-N910C vs SM-N910U.

The 910C and 910U are Exynos. But what about the 910F?

The 910F is the one Samsung lists on their UK store, which I get redirected to even though I am in South America. But it isn't clear if it's Snapdragon or Exynos and I haven't found an official Samsung page that confirms the LTE frequency bands.

Hello,

U can see some of Benchmark here
    And also to see Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Model Numbers please go here
    Trying to understand the difference between the SM-N910F vs SM-N910C vs SM-N910U.

The 910C and 910U are Exynos. But what about the 910F?

The 910F is the one Samsung lists on their UK store, which I get redirected to even though I am in South America. But it isn't clear if it's Snapdragon or Exynos and I haven't found an official Samsung page that confirms the LTE frequency bands.
    Why not read more before ask? I'm pretty sure Google can gives you an answer in details.....
    From what I read from Hong Kong Samsung official website, it does says the LTE frequency bands, but not very sure the others.

Here's the post for you http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/galaxy-note-4-versions-cpu-t2883741