[Q] Soft-bricked LG G3 D852

Search This thread

federer13

Apr 24, 2015
Hello,
I recently just got the unlocked LG G3, used to have an iphone so pretty new to the Android software itself. It froze while I was playing music so I did a hard reset and with that the firmware was updated to Lollipop. Calling, messaging, and music didn't work so I attempted to downgrade my LG G3 using Flashtool (Followed exact steps on here androidexplained/howtodowngradeLgG3, can't put URL because I'm a new user) and I used the Bell firmware (I'm sure the phone is originally from Bell because they had pre-installed apps). Everything went smoothly to the very end, however it got stuck on the screen where the LED light is flashing and the logo of LG continously shines (is this boot-loop?). I've tried using PC Suite to reset the software however it doesn't recognize my phone. Is there any suggestions you would recommend me?
Thank you for the help

itsbighead

Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Hello,
I recently just got the unlocked LG G3, used to have an iphone so pretty new to the Android software itself. It froze while I was playing music so I did a hard reset and with that the firmware was updated to Lollipop. Calling, messaging, and music didn't work so I attempted to downgrade my LG G3 using Flashtool (Followed exact steps on here androidexplained/howtodowngradeLgG3, can't put URL because I'm a new user) and I used the Bell firmware (I'm sure the phone is originally from Bell because they had pre-installed apps). Everything went smoothly to the very end, however it got stuck on the screen where the LED light is flashing and the logo of LG continously shines (is this boot-loop?). I've tried using PC Suite to reset the software however it doesn't recognize my phone. Is there any suggestions you would recommend me?
Thank you for the help

Does it boot into download mode still?

gnome9er

Oct 16, 2010
langley
twitter.com
this same thing has happened to me while trying to flash twrp i guess i didnt notice that there is a d852g as well as 852 (the one i used) now its stuck on logo and i cant flash a rom so what do i do now?

ropinco

Sep 29, 2015
Hello,
Thank you for the help

Try to re-flash it again with the LG Flashtool and be sure to follow all steps correctly. It should work. Don't disconnect the phone until the process is finished. If the process freezes at 85% it's ok, it means the phone is rebooting and wait until you see a blue screen with a "3" on it. Then disconnect the phone and take out the phone's battery and put it in again. It should boot correctly. The first time to boot is always a bit longer. Just be patience.