[Q] Some WIFI Problems with FROYO X on Rhod210 - HTC Touch Pro 2

Search This thread

kleper

Jan 13, 2011
Well, I'd recommend 1250 then I guess... Usually I recommend the newest GIT kernel, which is currently 1253.

FYI, you already can remove Windows and flash the device to run Android natively. It's just not as stable as haret, but it's getting there. Plus, it's only a partial NAND boot - only init and the zImage are actually loaded on the MTD if I'm not mistaken, everything else is on the SD card (which is still 99% of the data...)

But, if you're feeling brave and really do want to completely get rid of WinMo, NAND boot away... can't say I didn't warn ya ;)

I read about NAND Boot, and think carefully, because my goal is to completely remove windows, but I think first learn more about the phone, android and things, I'm not developer so these things more difficult, I have them I quetomar calmly. arrrghhh thank you very much.

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Hi,

i have a blackstone,and froyo x said mac address unavailable with every kernel and modules i tried,i tried the same modules and kernel with xdandroid frx03 and frx04 and my wifi worked fine

now,i searched for wifi-nvram.txt on my device,i wanted to type in my mac,but i didn't find the file at the location specified in f22's post.

my question is: are all other parameters in rhodium's wifi-nvram the same as ones in blackstone's (can i use rhodium's wifi-nvram.txt to do the trick)

or should i add "wifi.mac=" to my startup

thanks

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hi,

i have a blackstone,and froyo x said mac address unavailable with every kernel and modules i tried,i tried the same modules and kernel with xdandroid frx03 and frx04 and my wifi worked fine

now,i searched for wifi-nvram.txt on my device,i wanted to type in my mac,but i didn't find the file at the location specified in f22's post.

my question is: are all other parameters in rhodium's wifi-nvram the same as ones in blackstone's (can i use rhodium's wifi-nvram.txt to do the trick)

or should i add "wifi.mac=" to my startup

thanks

It should work... try it, it won't hurt anything.

porkenhimer

Apr 9, 2009
This will fix your problem. Find your MAC ADDRESS on your phone and write it in the WIFI-NVRAM.TXT then place the WIFI-NVRAM.TXT in the root of your storage card. Now replace your FROYO.USER.CONF with the one in this zip. The FROYO.USER.CONF is in this folder ANDBOOT/CONF. Now boot android and you'll have wifi working.
www.4shared.com/file/UXS_y76U/WIFI-NVRAM.html

Reactions: farukb

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
This will fix your problem. Find your MAC ADDRESS on your phone and write it in the WIFI-NVRAM.TXT then place the WIFI-NVRAM.TXT in the root of your storage card. Now replace your FROYO.USER.CONF with the one in this zip. The FROYO.USER.CONF is in this folder ANDBOOT/CONF. Now boot android and you'll have wifi working.
www.4shared.com/file/UXS_y76U/WIFI-NVRAM.html

yeah i know about entering mac via nvram,but i wasn't sure if rhodium's nvram file works for blackstone, because i don't know if the hardware is completely the same.

thanks anyway

i am trying froyo x 1.21. and new kernel solved wifi issues,but 1.12 seems to be ultra fast

@arrrghhh how come you can't get tiad to work with you guys,you said froyo x is sort of a rip off,but how can it be that much faster
i tested FRX03 and FRX04 with linpack on blackstone @528MHz and i got

1.991 MFLOPS with FRX03
somewhere around 2.3 with FRX04

where froyo x 1.12 gave 3.7 MFLOPS

the difference doesn't just seem huge,it also feels huge

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, i'm only was trying to solve the problems for my self.

I understand that some of these RHOD210 if they have managed to run the wifi.

I tell you that I use from the beginning FRX03 and it worked well, at least part of the telephone, sound and GPS, but other things did not work, so I started to search the forums and trying different solutions. but I have not found a way to walk the wifi which is what most interests me, so probe, with the latest versions of the kernel etc.

Thanks, I know I'm a rookie, but I like trying to find solutions to the problems I have ....

Yes, and I'm trying to help you triage. You said a lot in this post, but didn't answer my question.

Does wifi work with a vanilla FRX03 bundle?
    Yes, is this build, i look de dmesg logs of the phone, and i see an error that say: can't found the mac address of the wifi. and, i look the file, wifi-nvram.txt and this file have the mac address that i look on windows mobile.

I thought I already directed you to this thread, but it seems to be your issue... so follow these directions. See F22's post.
    I do that, and don't work for me.

Well then, I guess you just can't have wifi...

Honestly, every single person either wifi "just works", or they have to do the wifi-nvram trick. I've never heard of anyone not being able to use wifi, that didn't try the wifi-nvram trick - and those people were definitely in the minority. Vast majority of people, wifi works perfectly fine for.

Please, be a little more diligent. I can't do this troubleshooting for you, I can only point you in the right direction. I need you to do some legwork, as I can't see what you're doing.
    how do I find out my exact model, I'm assuming is that it's RHOD210 for photos and that according to information I have read I understand that T-Mobile only has this HTC TOUCH PRO2, can that be part of my error, there is a way to identify exactly which model is?

Sticker underneath the battery - not on the battery itself. It's usually in tiny gray font.

Fine, i go to format again my SD-CARD and start from zero, any installer recomeded? or pick the installer that i want?

Well, I'd format with the HP tool. (Full format, FAT32) Download this bundle as well.
    What kernel do you recommend for my RHOD210, the 1253 is doing that the phone will be frozen and I have to Quiaro the battery and put it again to restart the system.

Wonder that in the future will be able to remove the windows and flash the device with adro to make it natively? : D

Thank you very much

Well, I'd recommend 1250 then I guess... Usually I recommend the newest GIT kernel, which is currently 1253.

FYI, you already can remove Windows and flash the device to run Android natively. It's just not as stable as haret, but it's getting there. Plus, it's only a partial NAND boot - only init and the zImage are actually loaded on the MTD if I'm not mistaken, everything else is on the SD card (which is still 99% of the data...)

But, if you're feeling brave and really do want to completely get rid of WinMo, NAND boot away... can't say I didn't warn ya ;)