[Q] Something went wrong while installing CWM and now CWM recovery mode wont open.

Search This thread

Abhishek verma

Feb 5, 2014
Jamshedpur
I was following this tutorial [wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_p3100] form wiki.cyanogenmod.org and it went fine till step 12

#11. Unplug the USB cable from your device You can now manually reboot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery mode by holding .

#12. The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GSM) now has ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Continue to the next section.

And instead of starting in recovery mode, I started in normal mode mistakenly. So I did the whole again. Until now the "Custom binary download" was showing "2 counts" but again mistakenly started in normal mode. Then I did the whole once again, and held the power and volume up button to start in recovery mode. But the device was stuck at start screen (which shows galaxy tab 2 logo). I doesn't even start in normal mode. I did the whole again and again.

Now the "Custom binary download" is showing "5 counts". I somehow was able to start my device. But when I again go to recovery mode (using power + vol up button) I am getting the usual (the one provide my Samsung) recovery mode instead of CWM recovery mode.

I have few questions regarding this
  • Should I continue the tutorial now(but I am not getting the CWM recovery mode in)?
  • How to do nandroid backup, my tab is not rooted yet(checked using root checker)?
  • "Custom binary download" is showing "5 counts", will that cause problems? How to fix?

By the way, my device name is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0' (P3100).

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone