[Q] Sony bluetooth keyboard... worked... now my phone won't connect to anymore...

Search This thread

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
The title kind of says it all...

I purchased a Sony PlayStation 3 Bluetooth keyboard (this one). It's not exactly like the one in the picture... the keys layout is french, I guess (AZERTY, QSDFG, WXCWB). Also, M and ; are swapped, for example. Anyway... all inputs are the same as on a standard keyboard... just that the layout is different. Oh well, irrelevant.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note. I tried it on my phone and my friend's phone (Note, too). It worked - all keys, even some shortcuts, and the trackball.

When I first paired to it, it asked for a key. I had to insert it on the keyboard then press enter or return. Then it was paired and would connect every time I switched BT on and clicked it.

That was yesterday. Today... I performed a full wipe and reflashed the ROM (TouchWiz-based ROM, ICS). Now, it just won't connect anymore! I keep getting a message saying "Couldn't pair with Wireless Keyboard because of an incorrect PIN or passkey". I wasn't even asked for a passkey!

I also tried CM9, CM10 and AOKP ROMs. Same thing!!!

The batteries are good... but I tried another pair of AA batteries, too, just to make sure...

What is to be done? :(

-----

Edit : earlier today, after several attempts (half an hour), I was able to connect again. I was asked to insert a number on the keyboard and press enter, and it worked. Now, after some more (many!) attempts, like 12 hours after (I was gone), it finally connected again...

But if I full wipe and flash another ROM, I'll lose it again... :/

Last edited:

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Oh and before someone steps in and moves this thread over to the Galaxy Note Q&A section...

I tried the keyboard on a HTC EVO 3D, and the same thing happened. Connected first time easily. Then, after unpairing... it's hard to pair back. So I'd say it's pretty wide-spread, not only stuck to one device.

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
I made a backup of Bluetooth Pairings with Titanium Backup... performed a full wipe and flashed back the TouchWiz ROM I grew to like. The restore went fine, although the back up was from CM9... totally different ROM...

Oh well...

-----

I still wanna know... does anybody have any sort of solution for occurings like this? As far as I know, I'm not the only one who's had such a problem, and it's not really device/keyboard specific :) .

-----

So many views... yet no answer... :(