[Q] Sony Ericsson Xperia ray - Blank/Black screen issue

Search This thread

masteriori

Feb 16, 2012
Hi all,

I have an Xperia ray on GB 2.3.4 and have a major problem with the screen. Most of the times when booting up the phone, the screen is blank/black but the backlight seems to be working and I can still interact with the display i.e. slide unlocking the phone and can hear the sound as well.

From time to time, the phone works as normal but this issue is there as soon as I decide to shutdown/restart the phone.

Help will be appreciated.

skb6T9

Feb 24, 2013
Chittagong
Hi all,

I have an Xperia ray on GB 2.3.4 and have a major problem with the screen. Most of the times when booting up the phone, the screen is blank/black but the backlight seems to be working and I can still interact with the display i.e. slide unlocking the phone and can hear the sound as well.

From time to time, the phone works as normal but this issue is there as soon as I decide to shutdown/restart the phone.

Did you try reflashing stock ftf with flashtool?
If no then try flashing that.

Press thnx if I helped. :)
Sent from my ST18i

Reactions: masteriori

jesudas

Mar 16, 2012
Dharwad
Last edited:
Reactions: masteriori

ajoyrs143

Apr 18, 2013
Sony Erricson Xperia Ray blank screen issue

i have a sony erricson ray (ST18i). I'm having a problem with it...
The phone shows blank screen after unlocking, calling, mostly after turning on the screen
Pls help
And Thanks in ADVANCE............

SHAARKRAY

its a hardware problem ....most probably with the relay chip.... NOT a software problem........ive had the same problem for the last 3 months and im living with it :crying: ....check this thread for details

talk[dot]sonymobile[dot]com/thread/40193

replace [dot] with .
xda wont let me pst url's ...hope this helps

TechExhibeo

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 8, 2012
Ropar
hybrideon.com
its a hardware problem ....most probably with the relay chip.... NOT a software problem........ive had the same problem for the last 3 months and im living with it :crying: ....check this thread for details

talk[dot]sonymobile[dot]com/thread/40193

replace [dot] with .
xda wont let me pst url's ...hope this helps
flash stock rom and check....

If I Helped U Dont Forget To Press Thanks :D

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro(SK17i) using Tapatalk 2

SHAARKRAY

flash stock rom and check....

tried all stock ftf's availlable bro .....no luck at all.....tried allmost all custom rom and kernel combinations on the ray development thread.....it doesnt solve the problem......its a hardware glitch and is unfix-able ... NOT a software problem :(

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
Oh man. I got this issue too on my good ol' Ray. I think it happened because I dropped it. I also lost the blue led on the home button arc, now instead of white it turns on yellow :/

Anyway, has anyone gotten his replaced\fixed after getting this problem? I had the bootloader unlocked with the wire method (s1tool or whatever it was called), then I relocked it after I hard bricked it once sometime last year, I hope they don't notice it and replace mine under warranty.

Man this sucks.

TechExhibeo

Sep 8, 2012
Ropar
hybrideon.com
Oh man. I got this issue too on my good ol' Ray. I think it happened because I dropped it. I also lost the blue led on the home button arc, now instead of white it turns on yellow :/

Anyway, has anyone gotten his replaced\fixed after getting this problem? I had the bootloader unlocked with the wire method (s1tool or whatever it was called), then I relocked it after I hard bricked it once sometime last year, I hope they don't notice it and replace mine under warranty.

Man this sucks.

Yaa take it to service centre...
They will not notice it that u relocked ur phone's bootloader...
As u have unlocked bootloader by test point method and it preserves drm keys ;)

Harry5041

May 14, 2013
I also there guys I have this problem with my xperia ray that I realized flashar nAa kernel-3.0.8- 02_ST18 the screen always manages to turn right as if it corrected the error the only detail I did not like is that this kernel has a lot of saturation of the colors from there in more partially solves your error hope it will help, sorry for my bad English use google translator

TechExhibeo

Sep 8, 2012
Ropar
hybrideon.com
I also there guys I have this problem with my xperia ray that I realized flashar nAa kernel-3.0.8- 02_ST18 the screen always manages to turn right as if it corrected the error the only detail I did not like is that this kernel has a lot of saturation of the colors from there in more partially solves your error hope it will help, sorry for my bad English use google translator

Mate flash stock rom if ur phone with full wipe....
And see if problem sorts out....

Harry5041

May 14, 2013
Mate flash stock rom if ur phone with full wipe....
And see if problem sorts out....

try it many times and never worked as it is a hadware problem (heating) and software not the only way to fix it was flash 3.0.8 kernel nAa 02 kernel making this pledge is to make the screen twice and with that I have not always latch-on problems hotter than this the phone

liverkop

Jun 24, 2013

Man this sucks.

RayOnium.v7 Final Version

kreatonn

Feb 17, 2013
Muar
Hi guys, my friend has a brick x Ray
So he ask me to revive his phone. I have repair using pc companion, seus even flash stock ics ftf..but nothing gone well, it stuck at sony logo.Sometimes, it boot when press volume up button while turning on the phone but the touchscreen is not responding!!!!So I try to reboot, it stuck again at sony logo. I saw a method but the phone is not root yet either unlock bootloader..Please guys helpppp me.

Sory for my English.

Harry5041

May 14, 2013
Hi guys, my friend has a brick x Ray
So he ask me to revive his phone. I have repair using pc companion, seus even flash stock ics ftf..but nothing gone well, it stuck at sony logo.Sometimes, it boot when press volume up button while turning on the phone but the touchscreen is not responding!!!!So I try to reboot, it stuck again at sony logo. I saw a method but the phone is not root yet either unlock bootloader..Please guys helpppp me.

Sory for my English.

Hello that such, you tried with flashtool and checking the boxes wipe data? maybe that helps you sometimes you get stuck on sony logo not to make a full wipe test of nueco installing it with flashtool and tell us how you did

kreatonn

Feb 17, 2013
Muar
Well all was checked, wipe data etc. I don't know what my friend did but I tought I can revive it by using pc companion but nothing change. I have download stock ics ftf, flash it with flashtool and all boxes has been check. But nothing change.

Last edited:

Harry5041

May 14, 2013
Well all was checked, wipe data etc. I don't know what my friend did but I tought I can revive it by using pc companion but nothing change. I have download stock ics ftf, flash it with flashtool and all boxes has been check. But nothing change.

so if you've tried all you can also unlock the bootloader using the test point method and so putting on one rom without complications

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Did you try reflashing stock ftf with flashtool?
    If no then try flashing that.

Press thnx if I helped. :)
    Sent from my ST18i
    Thanks for your quick reply. What is ftf? BTW, the phone isn't rooted. Guide to rooting Xperia ray will be appreciated.

ftf means extension of official firmware of sony (SE) brand go to this link you will get all stuffs there...............http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568792
    Hit Thanks Button if i have helped you............................