[Q] sprint galaxy S4 SPH-L720

Search This thread

stockski1

Sep 11, 2013
My phone keeps telling me that the UI has stopped working. Is there any way to fix this problem? I tried to flash the firmware and no change.

stockski1

Sep 11, 2013
UI stopped working [galaxy S4 ]

it was rooted, I had downloaded a root manager, while I was checking it out a button got activated then when I rebooted I started getting
the message that the UI stopped working. All the apps seem to work except the voice app. The message comes up every few moments.

leaderbuilder

it was rooted, I had downloaded a root manager, while I was checking it out a button got activated then when I rebooted I started getting
the message that the UI stopped working. All the apps seem to work except the voice app. The message comes up every few moments.
Without knowing much more it's hard to say what steps you should now take.
What ROM/Version were you on originally?
You said you tried to flash frimware - which one(s) and how?
How did you root your phone? (CF Autoroot?)
what 'root manager' did you download?

Reactions: stockski1

ROMANTiC KiD

Mar 2, 2011

Like the guy said above we neee more information and the steps you did to actually have an idea of whats going on

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

w7excursion

Nov 15, 2007
This started happening to my phone today. I'm stock rooted deodexed. It happened when I tried to power down my phone. I was trying to get my phone to read my card.

stockski1

Sep 11, 2013
no UI on my galaxy d4

This is what the phone setup is right now.
software: L720VPUAMF9
HARDWARE: L720.08
MODEL: SPH-L720
ANDROID 4.2.2
BASE BAND: L720VPUAMF9
KERNAL: SE.INFRA@SEP-87#1
TUE JUN 25 9 36 29 KST 2013
PIMPED_JDQ39.L720VPJAMF9
SE LINUX PERMISSIVE
Secure boot status Samsung

ROMANTiC KiD

Mar 2, 2011
ANDROID 4.2.2
PIMPED_JDQ39.L720VPJAMF9
SE LINUX PERMISSIVE

Hmmm I feel like when you trying your root explorer you added something to the framework. Have you tried wiping only cache and dalvik cache?

leaderbuilder

ANDROID 4.2.2
PIMPED_JDQ39.L720VPJAMF9
SE LINUX PERMISSIVE
Ok,
So how did you get to where you're 'pimped'.
use CF-Autoroot and then just 'Pimp My Rom' app"?
use the stock rooted rom zip? Then the app.
Flash a custom ROM with the app?
What 'root manager' are you using or talking about.
Where or what did you start with before the error/FC?

I'd say if you have a custom recovery to just reflash the stock rooted ROM (odex or deodexed - where ever you actually started from) and see if that clears it up.

stockski1

Sep 11, 2013
UI not working

Ok,
So how did you get to where you're 'pimped'.
use CF-Autoroot and then just 'Pimp My Rom' app"?
use the stock rooted rom zip? Then the app.
Flash a custom ROM with the app?
What 'root manager' are you using or talking about.
Where or what did you start with before the error/FC?

I'd say if you have a custom recovery to just reflash the stock rooted ROM (odex or deodexed - where ever you actually started from) and see if that clears it up.

I started by getting the download from chainfire. it was the CF-Auto-Root-jfltespr-jfltespr-sphl720. After running this through oden my phone was rooted. I then downloaded Titanium Backup and ran it to backup all the files, at least I thought it backed it up. I then downloaded PIMP MY ROM. It was while I was exploring that app that I did something somehow, and now I just keep getting the repeating message, my UI has stopped working. I have tried using the CF-autoroot again but it did not make any difference. I found a file that is named Titanium Backup, but I can't seem to get it to do anything. I really appreciate your help on his issue, other wise this thing would end up in the trash.

leaderbuilder

A very simple thing to to would be (since you're already on MF9) is to use the Full Odin .tar file.
To go back to complete stock MF9 go here download one of the full .tar(s) (they're zipped) and use in PC Odin PDA slot. Check the MD5s of course. Don't check repartition of course.
Load it into PC Odin in the PDA slot and flash it.
That will take you back to factory stock MF9. (you may have to pull battery if you get stuck at yellow Sprint screen).
Then use the CF-Autoroot method to gain root.

Then use goomanger to grab the latest CWM or TWRP recovery - so you have a way to flash stuff.
Then if you'd like download Titanium Backup you can restore your phone logs or whatever - Just do not restore system settings.

Or if you already have a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) go download the stock ROM zip from crawrj's post (Choose you poison - Odexed or deOdexed, Rooted or not, wipe data or no wipe data.
(He does have .tars too to use in Odin.!)
Copy to your SD card, reboot to recovery and flash that.
It'll get you back to stock.

leaderbuilder

I am working on it. just put everything together. I do have one question,
when it say to use the PC oden, is that different than the one used with
the CF?
Nope same one.
You can all versions here. The download for all of them is here. Unzip and then choose which ever version you wish to use. [Last I used was 3.07]

stockski1

Sep 11, 2013
UI stopped working

OK, It's up and running perfectly. I thank you so much for your time, patients, knowledge.
Your #1 in my book. I just had to flash it several times an then it took. working perfectly.
Thanks again.
Stockski1:good:

Reactions: leaderbuilder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A very simple thing to to would be (since you're already on MF9) is to use the Full Odin .tar file.
    To go back to complete stock MF9 go here download one of the full .tar(s) (they're zipped) and use in PC Odin PDA slot. Check the MD5s of course. Don't check repartition of course.
    Load it into PC Odin in the PDA slot and flash it.
    That will take you back to factory stock MF9. (you may have to pull battery if you get stuck at yellow Sprint screen).
    Then use the CF-Autoroot method to gain root.

Then use goomanger to grab the latest CWM or TWRP recovery - so you have a way to flash stuff.
    Then if you'd like download Titanium Backup you can restore your phone logs or whatever - Just do not restore system settings.

Or if you already have a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) go download the stock ROM zip from crawrj's post (Choose you poison - Odexed or deOdexed, Rooted or not, wipe data or no wipe data.
    (He does have .tars too to use in Odin.!)
    Copy to your SD card, reboot to recovery and flash that.
    It'll get you back to stock.
    So junior, what happened? Get it working or not?
    My phone keeps telling me that the UI has stopped working. Is there any way to fix this problem? I tried to flash the firmware and no change.

Do you have any mods or you running stock?

Like the guy said above we neee more information and the steps you did to actually have an idea of whats going on