[Q] Sprint Replacement Evo 3D

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Anyone got a replacement from sprint in the past couple days or so? If so what Hboot did it have, and was it a refurb? I am talking about via mail, not from a store. Unless maybe the store ordered it for you. Am I leaving any scenarios out? lol I could care less about a refurb, just want to be able to root with Alpha ;)

Thanks

Last edited:

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
I'm wondering the same, guy at sprint ordered me one, and I'm ocd about having refurbs lol.. won't get it till next week or so though..

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I am not worried so much about a refurbished as I am the 1.50 hboot. The Evo 3d.is cool and all but without custom kernel it may as well be stock. I guess if worse comes to worse we can buy one from eBay and sell our replacements!

Sent from my LS670 using xda premium

Reactions: jlear3

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
I am not worried so much about a refurbished as I am the 1.50 hboot. The Evo 3d.is cool and all but without custom kernel it may as well be stock. I guess if worse comes to worse we can buy one from eBay and sell our replacements!

won't the kernal source for the latest OTA be released eventually?

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I got my tracking info, says shipment weighs .60 lbs, my original shipment weighed 1.30 lbs. I got a REFURB :eek: Its OK as long as it is Alpha approved, lol. Oh and no green hue, no dead pixels, no overheating, no tilted screen, did I leave anything out? Oh, yeah, NO LIGHT BLEED! lmao

kneeldug

Jan 4, 2011
Cincinnati
I got a replacement last Friday.
1.40 bootloader!
##786# says it is new, not refurbished.
It does, however, randomly reboot 2x a day or more. Once it starts rebooting, only a clean shutdown will atio it from recurring every 5 minutes.
It is more stable than what it replaced, but not stable enough.

Reactions: cordell12

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
1.40 bootloader!
It does, however, randomly reboot 2x a day or more. Once it starts rebooting, only a clean shutdown will atio it from recurring every 5 minutes.

Really, did it come with battery, back, book, and all that?

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
1.40 bootloader!
Did this come from sprint? If so was it a store or online???

What bootloader did you get? Where did u get your replacement?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

xHausx

Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Looks like you flashed over something you shouldn't have. If you can post the updater script I will be able to tell you which one it was but unfortunately you'll still need to get it replaced.

Also make sure your kitchen is up to date, the pre evo 3d versions didn't know which partitions to use and will set it to the wrong one.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: cordell12

kneeldug

Jan 4, 2011
Cincinnati
I got mine through sprint's insurance. It was the "mail it to your house then put the old one in the included prepaid envelope" thing.
It was a phone and back plate only...no battery, no memory card, no charger, no retail packaging.

Reactions: theur

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Got mine about a hour ago, came with 1.40 Hboot. Phone is also brand new and I dont see any issues, yet. It came like the above post, a phone and a back, nothing more. I did S-off before activating that way I avoid error 16, or at least it should.

Chat with sprint for activation went smoothly, nandroided and loaded my back up on new phone. It's like a bad dream and miss it over, lol.

Last edited:

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Awesome! We lucked out, in a few weeks all of these will be 1.50, though I read last night that kernel can be flashed by using fastboot.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
Yeah we were both I. That thread and I had it working, but I will be more happy with genuine s_off lll

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I should hopefully get a replacement one soon too. I'll update or post here with the results.
    1.40 bootloader!
    Looks like you flashed over something you shouldn't have. If you can post the updater script I will be able to tell you which one it was but unfortunately you'll still need to get it replaced.

Also make sure your kitchen is up to date, the pre evo 3d versions didn't know which partitions to use and will set it to the wrong one.

I had an in store Sprint replacement two days ago that was still Hboot 1.40.

sent from my 3v0