[Q] Status Bar (com.android.systemui) Force Close when USB Debugging enabled

Search This thread

Lone_Star

Oct 31, 2010
When I enable USB Debugging I get a force close of the Status Bar (com.android.systemui). Even when I disable USB Debugging, and restart I still get the Status Bar force close. The only way to re-enable it that I know of is to reset to factory settings. Anyone know why this is? I was also wondering if maybe I could just re-start the Status Bar manually, via adb, or maybe a terminal emulator on the device.

Thanks for any help.

Cezar`

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
did you back up system settings with tibu and restored them? That would explain why factory reset fixes it.
just my 2 cents.

cmcole101

Dec 4, 2009
Force Close Status Bar...

When I enable USB Debugging I get a force close of the Status Bar (com.android.systemui). Even when I disable USB Debugging, and restart I still get the Status Bar force close. The only way to re-enable it that I know of is to reset to factory settings. Anyone know why this is? I was also wondering if maybe I could just re-start the Status Bar manually, via adb, or maybe a terminal emulator on the device.

Thanks for any help.

I, also, get this same error. Yesterday I bought the Galaxy S II and this force close error on the Status Bar started after my phone restored files from my Google account of Galaxy S. I am uncertain what may have caused it, but the only way to get it back is to factor reset.

Can anyone help with fixing this error?

Thanks.

Last edited:

theblacknight

Mar 23, 2011
I, also, get this same error. Yesterday I bought the Galaxy S II and this force close error on the Status Bar started after my phone restored files from my Google account of Galaxy S. I am uncertain what may have caused it, but the only way to get it back is to factor reset.

Can anyone help with fixing this error?

Thanks.

Also seeing this on Galaxy S2, very frustrating

sids911

Apr 15, 2006
Brand New Phone, just got it now and synced with my google account which restored some of the stuff (contacts and all) and now I am getting notification bar FCs!!

Does anyone know whats the cause behind it?