• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Stock Camera App to AOSP

Search This thread

Mert-K

Apr 19, 2012
I really love the stock camera app that is pre installed on the Find 7. I did find it sad that once I tried installing a new ROM like AOSP or Cyanogenmod, I lost the camera app with special features. Features as 120 FPS or GIF Animation etc are all gone. Is there a way to return the app back to such ROM or is there a similiar app that does the same kind of tricks?

happydish

Jun 1, 2014
Normally stock cameras won't work on any custom roms, there's dependencies and blobs from stock that would need to be ported over, It would be awesome if someone would be able to do this, the stock camera app was pretty sweet.

epwt

Jan 3, 2014
Bali
OnePlus 9
Subscribed to this thread... Simply to expect some very kind developer would be kind enough to port Oppo Stock Camera App to be able to run on AOSP custom ROM or on CM12 with Lollipop... :)

Reactions: smaans

usmanhaider101

Oct 31, 2010
London
I really love the stock camera app that is pre installed on the Find 7. I did find it sad that once I tried installing a new ROM like AOSP or Cyanogenmod, I lost the camera app with special features. Features as 120 FPS or GIF Animation etc are all gone. Is there a way to return the app back to such ROM or is there a similiar app that does the same kind of tricks?

Almost impossible to work it out for AOSP.

Sent from my FIND7 using XDA Free mobile app

jun1662

Feb 8, 2013
Antipolo City
Exactly the reason why am not flashing other ROMs as the camera feature is important as it is being used for work and leasure. I tried so many ROMs since my S2 days, however, after weeks of experiencing the Camera of the Find7a, and comparing it with CM and other android , the Oppo version really nailed it for me. Have you tried the super macro? Lately, this was included in the COS V2.0.5Beta.

Rotibun

Sep 15, 2015

Rotibun

Sep 15, 2015
in the camera thread. there's the supported plugins that works with his mod. just find it there. it's hosted on his google drive account

My situation is, I can take using ultrahd but when I look at the picture size, it was only 3-5 mb max which to me that it's not working , on colour os rom, it was usually around 9mb. And the picture itself is much sharper. For the slow shutter, it can go up to 30+seconds,but in reality it's only around 2 seconds. The picture end up really dark.

Reactions: moparman1969

Rotibun

Sep 15, 2015
50mp/clear image/ultra HD doesn't work

Tried on many roms that support lvm, the closest to working 100% is omni rom, but still 50mp/clear image/ultra HD, doesn't work, but slow shutter wonderfully.

Top Liked Posts