[Q] Stock Chrome browser slow loading pages

Search This thread

rcsrich

Jan 30, 2011
Richmond, VA
All,

Have any of you new G4 owners been experiencing ridiculously slow page loading times with the stock browser? My old GS3 loads web pages much faster in Chrome by comparison, as does my work iPhone. What gives?!

Thanks in advance!

rcsrich

Jan 30, 2011
Richmond, VA
I haven't tried any other versions of chrome...did notice that I wasn't even able to load a page at all while photos were uploading, wonder it has to do more with how it's handling data traffic.

rcsrich

Jan 30, 2011
Richmond, VA
I haven't tried any other versions of chrome...did notice that I wasn't even able to load a page at all while photos were uploading, wonder it has to do more with how it's handling data traffic.
I've noticed it also happens when using the "in app" browsers in Facebook or Twitter. I've also tried increasing the memory available to chrome using by typing in by changing maximum tiles for interest area to 512 to no avail.

Last edited:

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
It just seems to have problems loading web pages for me. Sometimes I will just get black squares but other times it just wont load. I will refresh and get nothing for awhile. I'm doing this at home where my Note 4 wasn't having a problem. Also doing this on cellular data. I doubt this is a network issue.

rcsrich

Jan 30, 2011
Richmond, VA
It just seems to have problems loading web pages for me. Sometimes I will just get black squares but other times it just wont load. I will refresh and get nothing for awhile. I'm doing this at home where my Note 4 wasn't having a problem. Also doing this on cellular data. I doubt this is a network issue.

My problem definitely seems linked to wifi vs cellular data...

Sent from my LG-H811

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Has anyone found a fix for this..my browser loading sucks same for my wife an she has the g3 but it's only on wifi an I know it's not wifi via I play online game an they play fine an her iPod an r tablets run great on it....any help with be greatful...thank you

ryanpm40

Nov 7, 2010
I've noticed insanely slow loading times using IPv6 over WiFi with some Comcast modems, so I rooted and disabled v6. Dunno if you guys are having the same issue, but it fixed my problems. Apps like Instagram were slow to load/refresh as well, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm beginning to think this may be a wifi connection issue, even tho my wifi tests faster than the 4G connection. Pages are loading much more quickly over 4G.
    Yes i think this is wifi related also... Same happens to me but only on wifi

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app
    the wifi is the problem

the wifi is the problem. the same happens to me