[Q] Stock Nandroid Backup

Search This thread

Bhavpreet

Apr 30, 2013
I remember reading somewhere (dont remember exactly where) that you can make a nandroid backup before rooting or flashing a custom recovery.

This was done by booting into fastboot mode and running the custom recovery, not flashing, just running it. This would preserve the stock recovery as a custom recovery is not flashed, but would still allow you to make a backup of the stock rom without root and without a custom recovery.

Is this a possible method for making a nandroid backup of the stock rom? Which would allow you to return to stock after rooting and installing custom roms?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
fastboot boot recovery CWM.img (or whatever you have called the recovery image) will boot into CWM but not flash it and you can then make a nandroid

Reactions: Bhavpreet

Bhavpreet

Apr 30, 2013
fastboot boot recovery CWM.img (or whatever you have called the recovery image) will boot into CWM but not flash it and you can then make a nandroid

One more question, even if you have a nandroid of the stock rom, wouldnt your device still show up as tampered and unlocked? Is there a way to remove that AFTER returning to the stock rom..?

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007

Hi, you again :p

That didn't work for me with CWM, but it didn't work after I flashed it either. It just failed to back anything up.

I didn't try it with TRWP though, in theory you're correct.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.