[Q] Stock OTA Gingerbread Rooted?

Search This thread

NightFalcon27

Dec 21, 2010
I know that the official gingerbread was released yesterday. Normally DG would post up a deodexed, rooted, and zip aligned version first thing. Unfortunately he is no longer supporting the captivate. Is this out there yet ?

nbarsotti

Jul 13, 2010
no, not yet. There are leaked KK4 releases like that. FYI - SuperOneClick and other zergRush exploits do not work on KK4. The kernel in the official KK4 has a different version number than the leaked build. I am still eagerly awaiting someone to release a TAR of the official kk4 kernel so I can do a fugu kernel swap.

stoobie-doo

May 2, 2008
Dallas
no, not yet. There are leaked KK4 releases like that. FYI - SuperOneClick and other zergRush exploits do not work on KK4. The kernel in the official KK4 has a different version number than the leaked build. I am still eagerly awaiting someone to release a TAR of the official kk4 kernel so I can do a fugu kernel swap.
There are people in the SuperOneClick thread who are reporting that they successfully rooted with SOC 2.3.3, not sure what they have done. I know I have used fugu for the various prior leaks. I'm with you though, in hoping that someone will release a TAR for the kernel and the released ROM, if for no other reason to facilitate going back to stock if I ever decide to make the leap to CM9 or ICSSGS and need to go back.

NightFalcon27

Dec 21, 2010
Re:

It was my understanding that if the kernal version was different that there could be various tweaks to the release and they may not have changed the build numbers at all. A leak is ok, but I would rather have the full release stock, rooted, etc... as listed above. Thank you for your replies, this is good information

crazyjerm1

Jan 11, 2012
I can't wait for the superoneclick update that allows me to root my captivate with 2.3.5.. i've had no luck rooting this thing with any other method on Gingerbread :(

NightFalcon27

Dec 21, 2010
Re:

What I am looking for is something,
Stock, rooted, deodexed, zip aligned, with Voodoo Sound,Voodoo Lagfix,Voodoo Color

BLN isn't my favorite, Cognition was my absolute favorite ROM, I wish DG would do this last one. I may message him.

b-eock

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Umm don't expect any of those things(VOODOO color, sound(unless you have paid app)) these items have to be added to the kernel, and right now no one has gotten the new kernel source to boot(YET). It will come in time, and don't become demanding at all!

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
If you need a tar if the kernel for fugu swap to root, use adb to copy the kernel. For more info on how, google "how to make an Odin flashable rom" by darky. That will leave you with a zImage that can be turned into a tar in Linux, or with cygwin in windows

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin
N

nygfan760

If you need a tar if the kernel for fugu swap to root, use adb to copy the kernel. For more info on how, google "how to make an Odin flashable rom" by darky. That will leave you with a zImage that can be turned into a tar in Linux, or with cygwin in windows

I'm not rooted, so I don't see how this is possible.

NightFalcon27

Dec 21, 2010
Re:

MOD, thanks for keeping it on topic. I was in no way demanding a ROM creation or anything like that. I have just searched the forums quite a bit and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Hopefully one will come out soon. If anyone finds what I'm looking for PM me.

ElectroZekrom

Dec 18, 2010
I'm kind of a n00b at this rom stuff. I got my phone backuped with Titanium Backup and was wondering if there's anyway to backup all the data + apps back on Official 2.3. I'm still waiting to update to it but I heard from this thread that SuperOneClick doesn't support Captivate 2.3 yet. So yeah :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone