[Q] Stock Weather Widget stopped working

Search This thread

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
This is irritating me beyond belief.

I'm on stock .55 and the widget was working yesterday even. I have not done anything since then to my phone. It's constantly giving me Location not found. I tried adding a new widget, I get the same thing. :mad:

I tried restoring with TB nothing. I tried clearing data and nothing. I even tried doing a CWM from one week ago and still nothing. It's like it's completely broken.

My Wifi is working fine, mobile data fine, GPS fine...under Location Services everything is turned on. I don't get it.

vctrdnl

Nov 30, 2009
Mannheim
Same here. I am sick and tired of these problems with stock Sony apps. First Timescape, now this. They really should start pulling their sh*t together!

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

HooLIMAN87

Jan 4, 2012
Novi Sad
Same here. I am sick and tired of these problems with stock Sony apps. First Timescape, now this. They really should start pulling their sh*t together!

And i'm sick of people like you. It's accuweathers server problem, not Sonys. And for Timescape it's facebooks recent updates whos causing problems.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

torimatorima

Dec 28, 2012
This is irritating me beyond belief.

I'm on stock .55 and the widget was working yesterday even. I have not done anything since then to my phone. It's constantly giving me Location not found. I tried adding a new widget, I get the same thing. :mad:

I tried restoring with TB nothing. I tried clearing data and nothing. I even tried doing a CWM from one week ago and still nothing. It's like it's completely broken.

My Wifi is working fine, mobile data fine, GPS fine...under Location Services everything is turned on. I don't get it.

wow, and i was just about to do the factory reset! thank god i am not the only one having this problem, it also stopped working today! SONY WHAT THE HELL, I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! SO MANY PROBLEMS, ITS LIKE THEY GAVE US THE PRODUCT TO MOD AND UPDATE IT BY OURSELVES! THEY ARE NOT HELPING AT ALL! I WANT TO MURDER THEIR FACES! :eek:

DekinGBar

Aug 26, 2012
Vienna
Same problem here,only I am on. 45 but it stopped working last night,internet is ok everything is fine but it won't work...

MaxPayne3004

Nov 30, 2010
Franconville
wow, and i was just about to do the factory reset! thank god i am not the only one having this problem, it also stopped working today! SONY WHAT THE HELL, I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! SO MANY PROBLEMS, ITS LIKE THEY GAVE US THE PRODUCT TO MOD AND UPDATE IT BY OURSELVES! THEY ARE NOT HELPING AT ALL! I WANT TO MURDER THEIR FACES! :eek:

:laugh: Are you serious ?

Same problem here, i'll wait

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Accuweather Widget

Sony Accuweather widget has stopped working for me as well. I wonder if it has something to do with the calendar new year and all. "Location not found" is the error I get. Then when I put a know location (like a state) I get "network error". Hope they fix it. Other weather apps take up too much memory for me.

lurkerPL

Feb 12, 2012
Zielona Gora
Same here! I found this topic by typing into google "xperia weather widget location not found" and hoping that the problem is not just me. What a lucky bastard I am! I also thought it's accuwarther servers' fault, but why google widget shows weather properly then (as google doesn't support weather forecast facility anymore)?

Last edited:

vctrdnl

Nov 30, 2009
Mannheim
And i'm sick of people like you. It's accuweathers server problem, not Sonys. And for Timescape it's facebooks recent updates whos causing problems.

I'm sorry but at this point it isn't certain that the problem stands at the accuweather servers. The built-in weather service in HTC Sense (Desire X) prevails and works flawlessly today (hip hip hooray) and it's still accuweather. What concerns the Timescape issue, Sony should be able to address it far more promptly. Neither is Facebook some unpopular app/service, nor is Sony some cheap garage reseller company. Currently they just don't respond properly to users' expectations and that's that. Simply not good enough!

So it doesn't matter how sick my opinion makes you feel, not even a tiny little bit. Sony's current approach of "not my fault, not my problem" is stupid, irresponsible and won't bring them any good. Nor the ridiculously delayed JB update will.

Sorry for the off-topic points in this comment!

HooLIMAN87

Jan 4, 2012
Novi Sad
I'm sorry but at this point it isn't certain that the problem stands at the accuweather servers. The built-in weather service in HTC Sense (Desire X) prevails and works flawlessly today (hip hip hooray) and it's still accuweather. What concerns the Timescape issue, Sony should be able to address it far more promptly. Neither is Facebook some unpopular app/service, nor is Sony some cheap garage reseller company. Currently they just don't respond properly to users' expectations and that's that. Simply not good enough!

So it doesn't matter how sick my opinion makes you feel, not even a tiny little bit. Sony's current approach of "not my fault, not my problem" is stupid, irresponsible and won't bring them any good. Nor the ridiculously delayed JB update will.

Sorry for the off-topic points in this comment!

As Sony is using accuweather for their widget, there must be some issues between them. About facebook, they recently changed their privacy and security rules and you can't update timescape untill new version of firmware so this version of timescape having issues with updating from facebook (you have a solution for this in mods and apps section if you are using timescape). For jb, i really don't care when it will be updated, as i don't buy phones for updates and i'm satisfied with .45 firmware and couple of mods that i'm using.
Cheers

jhonm6060

Oct 12, 2012
I have the same problem in my Xperia pro, I tried to install Xperia weather widget from T and V and the problem continues...I hope they solve the problem as fast as its possible

Sent from my MK16i using xda premium

randy_c

Sep 18, 2008
denver
Mine just stop working for the last few days. Can't get it back up.

Anyone with non-rooted phone? Just want to know because I just root my phone

Sent from my LT28at using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone tried to contact Sony about this to let them know at least?

I passed it on to my Sony developer contact along with the timescape Facebook issue today.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL
    Mayans predicted this first :D
    They said something big was coming I guess this is it.... Our most important widget is not working its almost the end of the world :D:D
    Ok GUYS UPDATE!
    I contacted Sony Xperia official on g+ about this problem,and they gave me this http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/62812?tstart=0 type what is required (SI number,model,etc...) here so they can resolve this problem.The only handsets that are not affected are T and V.Hope this will help...

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone