[Q] Struggling to flash new ROM after HBOOT flash...

Search This thread

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Greetings All,

So I have a odd problem and have no idea what is causing it and where I should look to begin fixing it other than flash a RUU file.

I want to give my fiance my Desire to replace her ageing Sony Ericsson K800i and to achieve that I want the phone to be as stock as possible before I give it to her. So I flashed the Sense HBOOT from Alpharev's site and that went fine. It now says Alpharev Sense in pink at the top of the screen. I boot into Clockwork Recovery 3.0.2.8 and flashed Insercoin's Gingerbread Sense this after doing all the wipes. Well the phone stayed at the "Why so serious" screen for 30 minutes with no sign of activity. So I tried the flash all over again which still did not work. In the end I downloaded LeeDroid's 2.2 Froyo build, did all the wipes and flashed and still nothing. Sits at the "Why so serious screen".

What am I doing wrong here? All MD5's check out perfectly and I can still access all 3 menu's (HBOOT, fastboot and recovery).

Please help? :)

Last edited:

Meaple

Nov 5, 2008
Bradford
I've no idea. It's just another partition table for if you don't use as much /system, you get a little more internal storage. But the bravo hboot is the stock hboot.

Reactions: Anakha56

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash the bravo hboot instead. The sense hboot isn't for HTC Sense. You will have to wipe and flash the rom again.

Swyped...
    I've no idea. It's just another partition table for if you don't use as much /system, you get a little more internal storage. But the bravo hboot is the stock hboot.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone