[Q] Stuck in Boot Loop

Search This thread

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
Hi guys, I rooted my S4 i9500 a month back using CF auto root and was on stock firmware, it was running fine. Then a week back I installed wanam xposed and made some changes in the setting to change phone features. It was working ok too.but then i didnt like it and uninstalled both wanam and xposed framework without undoing the changes i had made. today suddenly the phone shutdown and got stuck in boot loop. i cant access recovery mode or download mode nor safe mode. i pulled battery tried after a while but still nothing. any tips or idea on how to recover. thanks in advance. i tried to search Google and xda forums but couldn't find a solution.

xDroidZz

Oct 6, 2012
Davao City
Hi guys, I rooted my S4 i9500 a month back using CF auto root and was on stock firmware, it was running fine. Then a week back I installed wanam xposed and made some changes in the setting to change phone features. It was working ok too.but then i didnt like it and uninstalled both wanam and xposed framework without undoing the changes i had made. today suddenly the phone shutdown and got stuck in boot loop. i cant access recovery mode or download mode nor safe mode. i pulled battery tried after a while but still nothing. any tips or idea on how to recover. thanks in advance. i tried to search Google and xda forums but couldn't find a solution.

wow!
This is something really bad! Even download mode? you sure you press the right buttons?
what did you actually changed in wanam xposed? as far as i know wanam is more on, on theming and not tweaking.

Reactions: killachandra

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
I am pressing the right buttons volume down+ home+power, it shows the the download mode but before i can press volume up to enter it it reboots.

Interface23

Apr 23, 2014
And what about download mode? Also keep rebooting? Are you pressing right combo

press home+volup+ power, when the logo appears release power button and keep pressed the other buttons and voila.

Once in recovery, flash Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip. When the first time install Xposed it creates a file in your sdcard folder called Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip. All you need to do is boot into recovery and flash the disabler file so Xposed will disabled and your device will be working again. Once disabled you can remove the Xposed module that cause trouble.

Reactions: killachandra

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
My dear friends i am pressing the right combo and as i said, i cant access download mode or the stock recovery. I gave the phone to samsung service and those idiots are giving all kinds of explanations saying power switch may be faulty or charging pin is faulty. i am irritated, they just want to raise my bill by changing all parts.

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks you guys. You are quite brilliant. It was the power button. Unfortunately i didn't read this before so couldn't try figiting with it. and took it to Samsung service and they replaced the power button from 6$. Working fine now. quote relieved i must say. Thanks all

xDroidZz

Oct 6, 2012
Davao City
Thanks you guys. You are quite brilliant. It was the power button. Unfortunately i didn't read this before so couldn't try figiting with it. and took it to Samsung service and they replaced the power button from 6$. Working fine now. quote relieved i must say. Thanks all

great job bringing it to samsung since other repair shops just want to suck your money. emjoy your phone :) happy flashing! and i saw that power button problem also when i had my galaxy pocket. sammy should make better power buttons lol

Sent from my Android L 5.0 based iPad using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wow!
    This is something really bad! Even download mode? you sure you press the right buttons?
    what did you actually changed in wanam xposed? as far as i know wanam is more on, on theming and not tweaking.
    And what about download mode? Also keep rebooting? Are you pressing right combo

press home+volup+ power, when the logo appears release power button and keep pressed the other buttons and voila.

Once in recovery, flash Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip. When the first time install Xposed it creates a file in your sdcard folder called Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip. All you need to do is boot into recovery and flash the disabler file so Xposed will disabled and your device will be working again. Once disabled you can remove the Xposed module that cause trouble.
    Take the S4 to other place to get second opinion.;)
    Maybe a stuck power button. It's a common s4 problem. You can try knocking the phone near the power button.
    You have a stuck/faulty power button. It just happens so nothing you did that caused this. Try to get it loose or replace it.