[Q]Stuck in fastboot mode

kyevaldez

Sep 10, 2020
The instructions are very precise
tried for the 4th times today. and finally it works. !! i do this step first, after that i do the unbrick tool.. i think somehow my problem is frm the VMETA.IMG

- fastboot devices
- fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX629J
- fastboot flash recovery twrp.img ( choose stock or costom )
- fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (at latest Room used)
- Fastboot Reboot System

Bryceicle1971

Feb 10, 2016
Christchurch
tried for the 4th times today. and finally it works. !! i do this step first, after that i do the unbrick tool.. i think somehow my problem is frm the VMETA.IMG

- fastboot devices
- fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (at latest Room used)
- Fastboot Reboot System
I am happy you are unbricked 😊

danialneed

Jan 2, 2021

- fastboot devices
- Fastboot Reboot System
Bro can you guide me how you do it from first,I'm very frustated how to do it.

Zazan256

Jan 14, 2021
Why cant fastboot boot twrp.img? If fastboot flash recovery twrp.img it went okay and can boot to twrp recovery.I want to make twrp permanent recovery. It so hard everytime i want to boot twrp recovery using pc. Because i want to root also using magisk. Magisk manager cant install root because it say ramdisk not support. Can someone explain to me how to do it proper way? The version of cn rom is v5.11(A11). Or my command not correct. Hope can help.

*i fix it because wrong command should being using fastboot flash boot twrp.img instead of fastboot boot twrp.img. my bad

*but after that i got bootloop to recovery if i reboot phone and cant go to system.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: kyevaldez

kyevaldez

Sep 10, 2020
Why cant fastboot boot twrp.img? If fastboot flash recovery twrp.img it went okay and can boot to twrp recovery.I want to make twrp permanent recovery. It so hard everytime i want to boot twrp recovery using pc. Because i want to root also using magisk. Magisk manager cant install root because it say ramdisk not support. Can someone explain to me how to do it proper way? The version of cn rom is v5.11(A11). Or my command not correct. Hope can help.

*i fix it because wrong command should being using fastboot flash boot twrp.img instead of fastboot boot twrp.img. my bad

*but after that i got bootloop to recovery if i reboot phone and cant go to system.
bro, i dont think the latest version can do the twrp. use the older version.
i also using twrp and magisk. but i didnt use the latest rom version

Reactions: Zazan256

kyevaldez

Sep 10, 2020
what version of cn rom u using? because global NA rom dont have update more and stuck in android 9.
few months ago i use 2.34 and it went good.
2days ago i flash it and use 3.34, and my bluetooth cant work perfectly.
now im trying to downgrade back to 2.34 or maybe try another version. have to do some trial and error.

Reactions: Zazan256

Zazan256

Jan 14, 2021
few months ago i use 2.34 and it went good.
2days ago i flash it and use 3.34, and my bluetooth cant work perfectly.
now im trying to downgrade back to 2.34 or maybe try another version. have to do some trial and error.

just an hour ago i install cn rom 3.34 and i got way to root and working twrp.. but i cant install zip file in twrp recovery because i want to install gapps.. got strange name appear.. then i use adb sideload but failed because the sideload say insufficient storage partition... i got so blurr right now.. u encounter this problem bro?

kyevaldez

Sep 10, 2020
just an hour ago i install cn rom 3.34 and i got way to root and working twrp.. but i cant install zip file in twrp recovery because i want to install gapps.. got strange name appear.. then i use adb sideload but failed because the sideload say insufficient storage partition... i got so blurr right now.. u encounter this problem bro?
when i downloaded 3.34 today, my bluetooth didnt work properly.. always on off. flashing to another rom again,

Sep 13, 2012
Finally fix this

I swear if I ever fix this, I'm gonna post a solution. So, here we are. (Error device is corrupt and untrusted)

Bought RM3S from China two weeks ago, don't have a thread now, the phone even comes out tomorrow lol, stumbles here, and can somehow root my phone n all that good stuff. Then, I f-ed up, installing RM3 ROM into RM3S, big mistake I know, somehow I thought it works out. It happens like what some of you experience, non-stop nubia splash screen and looping again n again to fast boot. >> some of the users solve this by going lock>unlock>flash but not for me.

So, after grinding through websites & threads, I concluded one thing. It's the system.img. << this is the one that corrupted and somehow you need to replace it. Then, you look into the rom < there's no system.img. After digging, the system file is somehow related to the file "system.new.dat.br"

So, what you need is to change that ^ into "system.img". To do that, we need to have two things.
*Be warned, don't make mistake like I do, and ensure your rom is correct*

1. You need to have "Brotli", just google it. If you do it right, it will change "system.new.dat.br" into "system.new.dat"

2. Then, you need "sdat2img.py", google it > this thing need some python 2.7+ > and you also need another thing called system.transfer.list from the same rom which add with system.new.dat become output as system.img

3. Then, come to the second problem, the flashing of system.img, the system.img is huge, and your old fastboot will have an error. Go google some latest 2019 adb + fastboot and replaced with your old one. That solved the problem. It will have some magic header warning, but the transfer won't have an error.

4. Reboot, and enjoy your phone escape the boot loop and infinite splash. At least, that what happened to mine. You can flash back twrp and enter it recovery as it meant to be.

I know it's a rough guide, but hey, I hope it help some people out there.
Hi

Please if someone can help me i will be very thankful

I have redmagic 3

I was on cn rom

With root and unlocked bootloader

I locked the bootloader while on cn rom and unchecked oem unlock

All was well

Then i used unbrick tool to get to global rom

And since then

It says device corrupt

I have downloaded many roms and tried almost all the guides on xda

For example

Extract system.img from latest rom to global rom

Flashed using all guides

Its still stuck on device corrupted

Fastboot works but i am. Unable to unlock the bootloader

When i use the command

Fastboot flashing unlock

It says not allowed

Otherwise

Fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX629J works but nothing useful comes out if

Please if someone can help

Please

I belong to a middle class family and this the only phone i have and i am using my father phone to contact here

Waiting for replies

Thank you

ZephyrOne

Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I come to you looking for your help, I have an rm3s that worked perfect, but I updated to the Chinese rom and it was fine but since I did not have a playstore I did not open an application of my work, so I tried to install the global one again, but It gave me the error device is corrupt, I tried to restore from the adb but the system file shows an error, I also tried with this tool in EU and non EU but nothing works :(

The repair tool does not give me any error but when starting it stays again in the error device corrupt

Zazan256

Jan 14, 2021
Hi

Please if someone can help me i will be very thankful

I have redmagic 3

I was on cn rom

With root and unlocked bootloader

I locked the bootloader while on cn rom and unchecked oem unlock

All was well

Then i used unbrick tool to get to global rom

And since then

It says device corrupt

I have downloaded many roms and tried almost all the guides on xda

For example

Extract system.img from latest rom to global rom

Flashed using all guides

Its still stuck on device corrupted

Fastboot works but i am. Unable to unlock the bootloader

When i use the command

Fastboot flashing unlock

It says not allowed

Otherwise

Fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX629J works but nothing useful comes out if

Please if someone can help

Please

I belong to a middle class family and this the only phone i have and i am using my father phone to contact here

Waiting for replies

Thank you

For i know that unbrick tool is for phone is hard brick if i not mistake.. in ur case ur phone is working and not hard brick..u should flash the global rom but before that u must unlock oem and turn the usb debugging on. Thats for my understanding ur situation. If i mistake im sorry. Just want to help.

Hello everyone, I come to you looking for your help, I have an rm3s that worked perfect, but I updated to the Chinese rom and it was fine but since I did not have a playstore I did not open an application of my work, so I tried to install the global one again, but It gave me the error device is corrupt, I tried to restore from the adb but the system file shows an error, I also tried with this tool in EU and non EU but nothing works :(

The repair tool does not give me any error but when starting it stays again in the error device corrupt

For ur problem is the same. The step u use is not correct. Ur cn rom is working fine.. cn rom can use playstore but must root and flash gms then niksgapp if android 11 and cn rom android 10 if i not mistake is picogapps..just want to help..im still new..

Sep 13, 2012
For i know that unbrick tool is for phone is hard brick if i not mistake.. in ur case ur phone is working and not hard brick..u should flash the global rom but before that u must unlock oem and turn the usb debugging on. Thats for my understanding ur situation. If i mistake im sorry. Just want to help.

For ur problem is the same. The step u use is not correct. Ur cn rom is working fine.. cn rom can use playstore but must root and flash gms then niksgapp if android 11 and cn rom android 10 if i not mistake is picogapps..just want to help..im still new..
Thanks for the reply brother and trying to help as much as you can

The thing is that i cant boot into the system to enable oem unlock and usb debugging

I was good on cn rkm android 11 with gapps but not all apps i could install from playstore so i decided to go back to global rom

I locked the bootloader and factory reset the phone

All was good

Until i used the unbrick tool to go to global rom

In short

I cant boot into the system to enable oem unlock