[Q] Stuck in "Firmware Update" display

• Thread starter Deleted member 5546590
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5546590

Was plugging in my G2 to charge it and suddenly it had this screen. "Firmware Update. Do not unplug the USB connection until the process is complete."

How do I exit safely? Will I corrupt any data or damage anything? I was only plugging in my phone to a wall socket, so I don't know why there would be such a screen. Help anyone? >.<

D

Deleted member 5546590

Someone knows how I can exit safely? >< Please?

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
That sounds like its in download mode, which you get to by turning off the phone, then plugging in a usb cable while holding vol up. I always assumed the usb cable needed to be connected to a computer for that to happen, but maybe it works if it just senses power.

Anyway, if the bar isn't going anywhere (and it shouldn't be since its not connected to anything feeding it data) then you should be okay unplugging it and turning the phone off, then back on.

Edit: Just tried it with my phone - turned off, then connected USB cable/wall charger while holding vol up and sure enough it went into download mode. I unplugged the cable, then held the power button until the phone restarted. Booted as normal.

Last edited:

C.marie

Sep 13, 2015
My Lg ls740 prompted me to do a system update 3days ago and has not came back om since. It just keeps flashing from LG logo and the android man...i have tried taking battery out...factory reset...and everything above . Can anyone help?!?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That sounds like its in download mode, which you get to by turning off the phone, then plugging in a usb cable while holding vol up. I always assumed the usb cable needed to be connected to a computer for that to happen, but maybe it works if it just senses power.

Anyway, if the bar isn't going anywhere (and it shouldn't be since its not connected to anything feeding it data) then you should be okay unplugging it and turning the phone off, then back on.

Edit: Just tried it with my phone - turned off, then connected USB cable/wall charger while holding vol up and sure enough it went into download mode. I unplugged the cable, then held the power button until the phone restarted. Booted as normal.