[Q] Stupid Question - Does Your Gold Edge Look More Gold or More Platinum/Silver?

Does Your Gold Edge Look More...

• Gold

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Platinum/Silver

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

theheavy

Aug 2, 2013
So I still can't decide on what colour edge to get. I thought the gold looked gaudy, but under store lights it looked more platinum, same goes with various pics I see online (always looks different). Not a big fan of bling and gold in general, but I wonder if the pics online mostly look so blingy because of lighting?

Here for example (xda - beda_boy), to my eyes at least it looks wonderful:

17312468591_57ac8c5c28_h_d.jpg

eltoffer

Aug 17, 2012
Metepec
I was in the same deal, and obviously this was the main reason why I picked up this color, as you said it depends on the ambient light, and mainly mine looks more gold but I love the way it turns into platinum in certain situations is just awesome, at least for me

Enviado desde mi S6 Edge Gold

ewo

Oct 23, 2010
I would honestly say mix of both, its as if shiny gold was mixed with toned down platinum silver
Very hard to explain, depends on lighting as well - either way, would be very hard to be disappointed - its a really nice colour for a phone

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
It's more goldy i would say. I have a black case on it so it dosen't look as blingy. Definately the best colour. I had the black one which used to look more blue lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

theheavy

Aug 2, 2013
Definately the best colour. I had the black one which used to look more blue lol

That's interesting, I reckon if the black was pure black I'd be more sold on it, as it is can't decide between the two. What made you switch from black?

Part of me also kind of thinks after seeing in store that maybe gold is more distracting/clashy for a front bezel colour when looking at content, compared to black or white?

I thought upgrading this year was gonna be simple given how Sammy has blown everyone out of the water, but now I'm stuck between edge/no edge and black/gold (even green now on the horizon here in the uk). Sometimes I wish they just made one colour, one model haha. Would be much simpler

rexisrex

Aug 14, 2012
Chennai
That's interesting, I reckon if the black was pure black I'd be more sold on it, as it is can't decide between the two. What made you switch from black?

Part of me also kind of thinks after seeing in store that maybe gold is more distracting/clashy for a front bezel colour when looking at content, compared to black or white?

I thought upgrading this year was gonna be simple given how Sammy has blown everyone out of the water, but now I'm stuck between edge/no edge and black/gold (even green now on the horizon here in the uk). Sometimes I wish they just made one colour, one model haha. Would be much simpler

One answer...go gold/plat...the best color and unique of all the choice as well..this color looks good when the screen is off as well.. The dark black screen against the colonial gold plat.. I also noticed the gold on s6 to be more blingy and gaudy. Had to shell 130 dollors just for that reason..the white s6 from the front looked ditto s4..the only model which looked unique and worthy of an upgrade was the edge and this color..and mind you I was upgrading from htc one m8 gun metal grey...so it had to be edge plat gold to beat it for me. IMHO, this is the best designed and cool looking phone in sometime...