[Q] SVN?

Search This thread

cvv1984

Mar 11, 2010
Hey guys! I have recently been seeing differrent roms with svn posted in the op. I was curious what this was and if it is important for me to have. If so could someone walk me through some guides as to how I get this up and running.

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
Hey guys! I have recently been seeing differrent roms with svn posted in the op. I was curious what this was and if it is important for me to have. If so could someone walk me through some guides as to how I get this up and running.

SVN stands for Subversion.

Subversion is a free/open-source version control system. Subversion manages files and directories over time. A tree of files is placed into a central repository. The repository is much like an ordinary file server, except that it remembers every change ever made to your files and directories. This allows you to recover older versions of your code, or examine the history of how your code was changed.

SVN is used by devs to release nightly updates to their ROMs, it isn't important if you aren't a flashacoholic.
Every ROM has it's own setup, so you should see the OP of the ROM for instructions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SVN stands for Subversion.

Subversion is a free/open-source version control system. Subversion manages files and directories over time. A tree of files is placed into a central repository. The repository is much like an ordinary file server, except that it remembers every change ever made to your files and directories. This allows you to recover older versions of your code, or examine the history of how your code was changed.

SVN is used by devs to release nightly updates to their ROMs, it isn't important if you aren't a flashacoholic.
    Every ROM has it's own setup, so you should see the OP of the ROM for instructions