[Q] SW Rev Check Fail fused 2 Binanary 1

Search This thread

jeezy85

Nov 11, 2011
hey

Could someone please please help me get my phone (sm-n9005) Back on. My phone has been off for the last 12 hours try to figure out how to restore back to stock. i am literrally pulling my hair out.

I keep getting this error message when restoring through odin SW REV CHECK FAIL: [ABOOT]FUSED 2 > BINARY 1

Please could someone tell me a fix for this i would really really really appreciate it.

Thank you

sewe

Jul 20, 2010
Are you trying to downgrade?
Little more info would probably help

SM-N9005 via Tapatalk 2

Reactions: redline7

jeezy85

Nov 11, 2011

SM-N9005 via Tapatalk 2

thanks for the reply
i just simply want to get the phone working

i orignally tried to flash from TGY hong kong firmware to BTU uk firmware, but that didnt work so i have tried to retry flashing the hong kong firmware

but odin gives me the [aboot] fused 2 > Binary 1 error

i tried doing emergency repair from kies too still gives me the same error

Reactions: redline7

bersca

Oct 20, 2006
Charlotte, NC
SM-N9005 via Tapatalk 2

I am getting the same error when I try to flash back to the stock ROM and unroot my Verizon Note 3. I made the mistake of accepting the OTA update on my rooted device, did not have custom ROM or anything. The installation seemed to go okay but apparently wiped out the root. Everything was working fine but my root apps so I thought the device was essentially stock. I tried the Dela Vega Root method and it failed several attempts. So I tried flashing a stock ROM in Odin and I get the message you got. I tried downloading the stock ROM on two different occasions in case it was corrupted but still not working. Is my device bricked or is there something I can do? Any help would be appreciated.

StarBoy007

Jan 17, 2014
Beijing
Need Help

I need help too
Im having the same problem i have been trying for like 2 days now.
I tried to upgrade my phone to 4.4.2 but it didnt work and when i tried to flash back my old Rom im getting the same thing
"SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 2 > Binary 1"
need help want to fix my phone.
i tried three different roms and Odin came back with different errors. but errors the less.:crying:
Help:crying::crying::crying:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I need help too
Im having the same problem i have been trying for like 2 days now.
I tried to upgrade my phone to 4.4.2 but it didnt work and when i tried to flash back my old Rom im getting the same thing
"SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 2 > Binary 1"
need help want to fix my phone.
i tried three different roms and Odin came back with different errors. but errors the less.:crying:
Help:crying::crying::crying:

You cannot go back or restore an old ROM, you have upgraded to 4.4.2 with NA6 Bootloader, so you can ONLY Run NA6 Bootloader which means you are stuck on KitKat now..

Reflash Kitkat 4.4.2 Stock and you're good to go :good:

Reactions: yzhmoeh

StarBoy007

Jan 17, 2014
Beijing
help

You cannot go back or restore an old ROM, you have upgraded to 4.4.2 with NA6 Bootloader, so you can ONLY Run NA6 Bootloader which means you are stuck on KitKat now..

Reflash Kitkat 4.4.2 Stock and you're good to go :good:

THanksfor the replay but the tjing is when i was installing kitkat Odin came up with an error and it failed so the upgrade didn't go through. So does it mean I'm stuck with kitkat. The thing is I tried 2 other kitkat and none of them worked. So when I tried to go back to my old ROM Odin always coming up. with errors. "FAIL (Auth)"
What does that mean..... :crying:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
THanksfor the replay but the tjing is when i was installing kitkat Odin came up with an error and it failed so the upgrade didn't go through. So does it mean I'm stuck with kitkat. The thing is I tried 2 other kitkat and none of them worked. So when I tried to go back to my old ROM Odin always coming up. with errors. "FAIL (Auth)"
What does that mean..... :crying:

Yeah you'll have upgraded cause it'll have installed the Bootloader then tried the ROM before the failure. -

What model/region are you using ? Is it a HK note?

StarBoy007

Jan 17, 2014
Beijing
help

Yeah you'll have upgraded cause it'll have installed the Bootloader then tried the ROM before the failure. -

What model/region are you using ? Is it a HK note?

Ok no problem I understand
But I tried installing 4.4.2
But no luck it's not updating. Odin giving me errors every time
Do you have any idear when i can get a rom that can work for me
Plz

well i am using Hong Kong

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
1 Minute I will edit and give you link to fix your device :good:

Follow exactly these steps (I've fixed the second link.). Update progress.

METHOD

In Odin mode

1. Flash the latest cf-autoroot (Kitkat support) [http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...x-smn9005.zip]
2. Flash the Chenglu's latest CWM - 6.0.4.6 (the one that supports KitKat) http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2454079

Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2487425)

I tried external sd-card with various format and could not install the ROM. After format my SD Card to FAT32, the ROM can be installed.

On Device

1. Boot in to Recovery mode by Volume up + Home + Power
2. Wipe Factory reset / Dalvik Cache
3. Format /System (under "mount and storage" menu) [IMPORTANT STEP]
4. Install Rom from SD Card
5. Say your prayer. You'll need it. (The installation could take sometimes. If the device screen shows Samsung boot animation, you're half way there)

Thanks to @rinuvimal posting here

rinuvimal

Mar 31, 2011
Thiruvananthapuram
I've updated working links here:

METHOD

In Odin mode

1. Flash the latest cf-autoroot (Kitkat support) [http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...x-smn9005.zip]
2. Flash the Chenglu's latest CWM - 6.0.4.6 (the one that supports KitKat) http://d-h.st/gb3

Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487425

I tried external sd-card with various format and could not install the ROM. After format my SD Card to FAT32, the ROM can be installed.

On Device

5. Say your prayer. You'll need it. (The installation could take sometimes. If the device screen shows Samsung boot animation, you're half way there)

rinuvimal

Mar 31, 2011
Thiruvananthapuram

METHOD

In Odin mode

2. Flash the Chenglu's latest CWM - 6.0.4.6 (the one that supports KitKat) http://d-h.st/gb3

Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487425

On Device

@StarBoy007, after you try this out, please update your handset details and whether it worked for you. Cheers. Will help someone else!

StarBoy007

Jan 17, 2014
Beijing
thanks

@StarBoy007, after you try this out, please update your handset details and whether it worked for you. Cheers. Will help someone else!

well first of all i wanna say thanks for the help. i really needed it. but sad to say the final part didnt go through. i did exactly what you said nut the phone got stuck in a boot loop at the Samsung note 3. i left it for one hour but it was still the same thing. so i took out the battery and wipe the phone clean with factory resent and rebooted the phone but the phone staid in the loop. i legit there over night and there is still no chang. any other advice.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
well first of all i wanna say thanks for the help. i really needed it. but sad to say the final part didnt go through. i did exactly what you said nut the phone got stuck in a boot loop at the Samsung note 3. i left it for one hour but it was still the same thing. so i took out the battery and wipe the phone clean with factory resent and rebooted the phone but the phone staid in the loop. i legit there over night and there is still no chang. any other advice.

Try using PIT file, then re-flashing SweetROM, JackyawayROM or FlexKAT ROM

Last edited:

rinuvimal

Mar 31, 2011
Thiruvananthapuram

Don't worry, as long as you can get into recovery and download modes, there will be a solution, its only a matter of time before we zone in on a solution.

What CSC region phone do you have? Dial *#1234# and check what the CSC code is. Also how much storage do you have on your phone 16Gb or 32GB?

R

StarBoy007

Jan 17, 2014
Beijing
thanks

Don't worry, as long as you can get into recovery and download modes, there will be a solution, its only a matter of time before we zone in on a solution.

What CSC region phone do you have? Dial *#1234# and check what the CSC code is. Also how much storage do you have on your phone 16Gb or 32GB?

R

well thanks..
i know that the problem is not that big anymore its just getting the right rom. well i cant dial anything so i cant check for the CSC but im wondering is there any other way to get the CSC region well the phone was bought officially in hong kong.
do you have links to the other roms you suggested earlyer that would be helpful.
thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey

Could someone please please help me get my phone (sm-n9005) Back on. My phone has been off for the last 12 hours try to figure out how to restore back to stock. i am literrally pulling my hair out.

I keep getting this error message when restoring through odin SW REV CHECK FAIL: [ABOOT]FUSED 2 > BINARY 1

Please could someone tell me a fix for this i would really really really appreciate it.

Thank you
    I think generally what it means, it what has been said in many other ways, is this:

You cant go backwards once you have a bootloader upgrade. So everything that you try to flash which is trying to look for a bootloader prior to the one that is currently on your phone, will have a mismatch, and you will get these errors. Right everyone?

So if you take for e.g. bootloaders a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h and you flash d bootloader, you can no longer try to flash ANYTHING related to a, b or c, you can only flash d. Now if you have d bootloader, and go to flash a b or c kernel, modem, anything, you will have your ERROR. TO make matters worse, once you allow an OTA update to take it to E, you will now be locked out of D stuff too. This is what is means to be locked out by a boot-loader.

Each time a new lock.
    Got my phone unbricked by following the directions in this thread. Installed pit file and my phone rebooted! Thank G-d! Was able to root with Kingo. De la vega root does not work with the firmware upgrade.

METHOD

In Odin mode

On Device

SM-N9005 via Tapatalk 2