[Q] Symptons of SdS

Search This thread

Mortar2142

May 9, 2013
Hello friends,

I have a Galaxy S3 - i9300 and it seems that I was luck enough to get a good half sds, I am no expert so I can be sure of nothing...

Here are the symptoms:

1. In the last weeks I had a few resets and freezes but they were so unnusual that I simply did not care.
  2. My S3 is 4.0.4 if I am not wrong, I only rooted it after buying back on september 2012 and did not update afterwards.
  3. Overnight something happened to my phone, when I woke up it was in a constant loop: the "Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300" kept appearing and disappearing over and over again.
  4. Sometimes it goes beyond that message up to the classic "Samsung" animation but then the company name keeps shinning and nothing else happens.
  5. I can get to clockwork recovery mode, but once it starts I get a few messages telling me that it cannot mount /cache and another one telling me it cannot open /cache.
  6. I can navigate through all menus of recovery mode but all "format" options seems to freeze the phone, I can get to download mode without any issues.
  7. By using Download mode + Odin I tried to install a Stock ROM I got from Sammobile, in fact I tried 3 different roms, all of them seem to get stuck at "Write NAND". During the "Writing NAND" my phone shows the classic blue progress bar completly full but I get no update from neither Odin or my phone.
  8. It's curious to note that the bar get instantly to 100%.
  9. I tried using GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit / GT-I9300_mx_20120329.pit and desperatly mx.pit All of them got perfectly applied to my phone but did not help.
  10. Yes, I tried to install all 3 roms after each .pit change and I did restart my computer.
  11. No Kies proccesses were running during any of these steps I have taken.
  12. I am desperate.
  13. Not "Oh my god what should I do with my life" desperate. Something more like "My freacking 500 bucks!!"
  14. I dont know if that is allowed or not but I am willing to donate a beer or two to whoever helps me recover my phone. If the person would prefer charity I can buy and donate some clothes to some local institution and send a picture of my action taken with my recovered phone xD

Thank You in advance.

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
If you have not flashed anything besides OFFICIAL ROMs (I.E: CF-Root or similar) that increases your binary counter (red little mark on the left top corner of screen) yo haven't voided your warranty, so you can send it back to Samsung tecchies ;)

Mortar2142

May 9, 2013
If you have not flashed anything besides OFFICIAL ROMs (I.E: CF-Root or similar) that increases your binary counter (red little mark on the left top corner of screen) yo haven't voided your warranty, so you can send it back to Samsung tecchies ;)

The problem is, my counter is actually on five, I do recall in my "Hey, a new toy!" week I have tried different custom firmwares but then I got all crazy about it and got back to a Official ROM, the counter was already on 5 by the time I returned to stock, if I somehow get samsung to take my phone I don`t believe they would take my word and restore my phone, nor I can prove to anyone that its a stock ROM that I have on it...

Anyway, I will try to contact Samsung tomorrow but my phone is the internacional one, I bought it in the USA but I live in Brazil... I am not counting on their support and my counter does me no good on that quest...

EDIT:

My custom recovery is, by what I can see, not formatting my internal SD, but maybe, just maybe, I can prove I was using a Stock ROM if they look at my files... Or even better, my phone did daily backups to dropbox using Titanium Backup, sure there is something there that proves that my firmware was a official one...
Who am I kidding, this is not a court...

Last edited:

masterex567

Mar 11, 2012
www.droidsters.com
Hello friends,

I have a Galaxy S3 - i9300 and it seems that I was luck enough to get a good half sds, I am no expert so I can be sure of nothing...

Here are the symptoms:

1. In the last weeks I had a few resets and freezes but they were so unnusual that I simply did not care.
  2. My S3 is 4.0.4 if I am not wrong, I only rooted it after buying back on september 2012 and did not update afterwards.
  3. Overnight something happened to my phone, when I woke up it was in a constant loop: the "Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300" kept appearing and disappearing over and over again.
  4. Sometimes it goes beyond that message up to the classic "Samsung" animation but then the company name keeps shinning and nothing else happens.
  5. I can get to clockwork recovery mode, but once it starts I get a few messages telling me that it cannot mount /cache and another one telling me it cannot open /cache.
  6. I can navigate through all menus of recovery mode but all "format" options seems to freeze the phone, I can get to download mode without any issues.
  7. By using Download mode + Odin I tried to install a Stock ROM I got from Sammobile, in fact I tried 3 different roms, all of them seem to get stuck at "Write NAND". During the "Writing NAND" my phone shows the classic blue progress bar completly full but I get no update from neither Odin or my phone.
  9. I tried using GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit / GT-I9300_mx_20120329.pit and desperatly mx.pit All of them got perfectly applied to my phone but did not help.
  10. Yes, I tried to install all 3 roms after each .pit change and I did restart my computer.
  12. I am desperate.
  13. Not "Oh my god what should I do with my life" desperate. Something more like "My freacking 500 bucks!!"
  14. I dont know if that is allowed or not but I am willing to donate a beer or two to whoever helps me recover my phone. If the person would prefer charity I can buy and donate some clothes to some local institution and send a picture of my action taken with my recovered phone xD

Thank You in advance.
Hmm, afaik about sds, you can't get into recovery or download mode at all...
Looks like you've tried all options, it could be bootloader related...idk its worth a try.

Try flashing this through cwm: Click Me

Reactions: Mortar2142

Mortar2142

May 9, 2013
Looks like you've tried all options, it could be bootloader related...idk its worth a try.

Get your external sd card, and use a micro-sd card adapter to copy the file over..

Ok, just tried it:
I got again to cwm without any issues, selected "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard".
It started to update, and then a bunch of fast messages and REBOOT, it all happens pretty fast after the "Update in process" appear.

masterex567

Mar 11, 2012
www.droidsters.com
Ok, just tried it:
I got again to cwm without any issues, selected "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard".
It started to update, and then a bunch of fast messages and REBOOT, it all happens pretty fast after the "Update in process" appear.
Wait, you mean it starts the "Optimizing apps" message?
Did you try restoring your efs backup?

Check in ur ext sd card if you have an efs backup...

Mortar2142

May 9, 2013
Wait, you mean it starts the "Optimizing apps" message?
Did you try restoring your efs backup?

Check in ur ext sd card if you have an efs backup...

I am sorry, the message I am talking about is within the cwm. If I got the optimizing apps message I would be in a bar celebrating...

My phone does not have external sd card, I just used my roommate one to try this.

Another curious fact, I cannot access my INTERNAL sd card, every time I try to navigate its folders to search for a zip file I get a freeze and the reboot cycle starts again, just like when I try to format cache or do a factory reset...
I am starting to think this may be an internal sd problem...

masterex567

Mar 11, 2012
www.droidsters.com
I am sorry, the message I am talking about is within the cwm. If I got the optimizing apps message I would be in a bar celebrating...

My phone does not have external sd card, I just used my roommate one to try this.

Another curious fact, I cannot access my INTERNAL sd card, every time I try to navigate its folders to search for a zip file I get a freeze and the reboot cycle starts again, just like when I try to format cache or do a factory reset...
I am starting to think this may be an internal sd problem...
Hmm...
Yes, it is probably a internal memory problem..

because, your odin stops at writing nand, well best solution is to take it up to sammy.

Mortar2142

May 9, 2013
Hmm...
Yes, it is probably a internal memory problem..

because, your odin stops at writing nand, well best solution is to take it up to sammy.

Its the best solution but not the ideal... Lets wait up and see if someones come with a super efficient solution, in the meantime I will try finding any local assistance that may solve my problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends,

Here are the symptoms:

12. I am desperate.

Thank You in advance.