• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Tablet PC Duke root

Search This thread

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
Root method for Duke

NOTE please press the thanks button if you use this source as it is only fair to thank the people who put the effort into helping you. This is a new tablet and it took days not hours to collect and test this. Please press Thanks!

Hi I have had a Duke in Asia for about 6 months fully rooted running 3.2, so it is possible. I have attached all files and instructions in a word document to allow this to happen, but it is as always at your own risk.

Thanks to Krtonsrx8 who supplied the boot image from "Tablet PC Duke" from Europe I have updated the install files to make the installation simpler for the Europeans. I have also modded the boot file from Europe so now there are separate processes for the Asian "Prolink TA8 Tablet" (mine) and the Europe tablet mentioned in this discussion.

Original
http://www.mediafire.com/?rxv3xuadq89lv04

Modified to make the process simpler
http://www.mediafire.com/?9vz4vkk2514ec1z

Good Luck

The Hamster

Last edited:
Than you very much for your help!

I have followed your instructions but I have stuck sfter step "1 Enable ADB.bat"...
I press reset but the tablet does not go into Honeycomb. It just remains black.
And if I run step "3 reset original boot – non ADB” nothing happens as well...
The Tablet does not return to normal nor boots normal...

How do I do a full restore if I need to?

Reactions: BuZzDC

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
Hi, Have you copued part-7.img across as mentioned in the document to the root directory. If not then please do this and then run 3 reset original boot – non ADB.

Please note you cannot run 3 - .... unless your tablet is in recovery mode. You can check this by going into the Device Manager and note the device with APX. If it is not there then you are not in recovery mode. Hold the recovery button and on button for 3 seconds. Alternatively hold both the reset and recovery for around 10 seconds and it should do the same. Once the APX driver is showing, run the 3 reset ...bat again.

Would you send me a copy of the pert-7.img and I can mod it in Ubuntu and send back to you. This is how the mod works it is a simple flag to allow ADB to run in 1 file.

I ROOTed it! YES!!!

First of all I want to thank you very much for your help!!!

I found out what was going wrong to the step "1 Enable ADB.bat"!!!!

I had to copy 3 files from MY backup folder! “Backup.bct”, “bootloader.img” and “part-7.img”

When I copied these file step 3 worked like a charm and my tablet booted back to normal!

So I thought! Hey! Why not to follow the 1st and 2nd steps again??? And I did!

So now with your help I am a happier owner of the above tablet!!!

Thank you very much again!

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
Congratulation

No Proplem, It took me about 2 weeks to sort out exactly what to do. If you need to use ADB, you can now do it with Root explorer and edit default.prop in the root directory to enable it.

Would you mind pushing the "Thanks Meter" as I am new to this forum

Also do you have the GSM version of the tablet, if so would you mind uploading the part 2 to part 11 for me. I have the wifi but plan to strip down and install the gsm card, but I need the software.

Last edited:

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
Hi That I cannot answer as I only did it to get rid of the advertisements.

Now you are rooted and you have the backup you have the ability to open and manipulate the backups with tools like the attached. But it has to be done in Linux

I have helped you a load, the instructions and information drivers etc took a long time to compile, and I was really hoping that you would return the favour. I have asked several times your version, is it GSM as I am really after a GSM version I can use on my tablet. Can you help?

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
To be honest I dont know. my tablet also has the gsm card reader and if it is disabled I would suspect that the unit does not have the gsm module card installed inside, it sounds like you have a wifi unit only like mine. To date in Asia there has not been a working GSM version released, lets see if one is actually released in Europe.

Sorry about not reading the text properly, will have my eyes checked. I am pleased the steps work on the Euro version as well as your firmware is a slightly different number.

ZBEP

Jan 11, 2012
Hello! Help me please.
I dont have backup.
I did:
Step 1 -> Step 2 -> Reset.
Tablet does not go into Honeycomb.
Tablet does not return to normal.
How do I do a full restore?

I need the original files (”Backup.bct”, ”bootloader.img”, ”part-7.img”) and step 3 ?
If I need the original files then give me please ”Backup.bct”, ”bootloader.img”, ”part-7.img”.

P.s.
Sorry my lang

Hello! Help me please.
I dont have backup.
I did:
Step 1 -> Step 2 -> Reset.
Tablet does not go into Honeycomb.
Tablet does not return to normal.
How do I do a full restore?

I need the original files (”Backup.bct”, ”bootloader.img”, ”part-7.img”) and step 3 ?
If I need the original files then give me please ”Backup.bct”, ”bootloader.img”, ”part-7.img”.

P.s.
Sorry my lang
Which version was your firmware?
If it was DUKE_FW_07312 then I can send you the 3 files you need.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root method for Duke

NOTE please press the thanks button if you use this source as it is only fair to thank the people who put the effort into helping you. This is a new tablet and it took days not hours to collect and test this. Please press Thanks!

Hi I have had a Duke in Asia for about 6 months fully rooted running 3.2, so it is possible. I have attached all files and instructions in a word document to allow this to happen, but it is as always at your own risk.

Thanks to Krtonsrx8 who supplied the boot image from "Tablet PC Duke" from Europe I have updated the install files to make the installation simpler for the Europeans. I have also modded the boot file from Europe so now there are separate processes for the Asian "Prolink TA8 Tablet" (mine) and the Europe tablet mentioned in this discussion.

Original
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rxv3xuadq89lv04

Modified to make the process simpler
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9vz4vkk2514ec1z

Good Luck

The Hamster
    Para los que tienen tablet síragon con 3G y no pueden salir del recovery mode (APX) luego de rootear la tablet con los archivos de este post:

1) Bajar el siguiente archivo comprimido:LINK 1 del archivo txt adjunto
    2) Descomprimirlo con Winrar
    3) Iniciar la tablet en APX recovery mode
    4) Ejecutar el bat: HiveGSM 3 reset original boot - non ADB.bat
    5) Pulsar el botón reset de la tablet
    6) Listo ya debería de arrancar la tablet

Luego para los que todavía tienen ganas de rootear la tablet luego del susto:

Antes que nada bajar el programa unlockroot: LINK 2 del archivo txt adjunto

1) Apagar la tablet en funcionamiento normal
    2) Iniciar la tablet en recovery mode (APX) pulsando el boton recovery y power al mismo tiempo 3 seg
    3) Ejecutar el archivo (que ya fue descargado al principio): HiveGSM 1 Enable ADB.bat
    4) Pulsar boton reset
    5) Una vez que inicie la tablet ejecutar el programa unlock root y presionar el boton ROOT
    6) El programa realiza una serie de procedimientos automaticos y procede a rootear la tablet indicando que la operación concluyó sin problemas
    7) Listo

Saludos,

gracias por el aporte viejo pero no podrias hacer un tuto con imagenes para que uno se pueda orientar mejor es que de pana me da paja joder la tablet haciendo algo mal se te agradeceria un mundo

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

gracias por el aporte viejo pero no podrias hacer un tuto con imagenes para que uno se pueda orientar mejor es que de pana me da paja joder la tablet haciendo algo mal se te agradeceria un mundo

mi tablet siragon es wifi only cual archivo deberia de usar
    No Problem, Would you please press the "Thanks button" and also do you have the GSM version?
    anyone knows how to root this monster?? please

hello im trying to root this device and cant seem to be able.. any help is apreciated
    hi i have this tablet...

Model number KEIAN M704S PRO
    JAN 4534782925696
    Processor RK3066 Dual Core, ARM Cortex-A9
    Processor Speed 1.6GHz
    Wireless LAN (WiFi) IEEE 802.11b/g/n
    OS Android 4.1
    System memory
    DDR3 1GB
    Storage
    (I use about 2GB in internal os) 8GB
    Display 7.0 inches multi-touch panel wide viewing angle FFS LCD 1024 × 600
    Port microUSB2.0, MicroSD / SDHC (up to 32GB)
    MiniHDMI, 3.5mm earphone
    Camera 300,000 pixels front camera built-in 2 million pixel rear camera
    Battery 3000mAh
    Charge AC Charger
    Size Height 190.5mm 123.5mm width 9.9mm thickness
    Weight
    310g
    Remarks
    Language initial configuration corresponds to the Japanese. Japanese manual included.
    Package contents
    Body / AC adapter / USB cable / OTG cable / simple manual

anyone has any idea how to root it please.??
    Yeap! I would like to know as well! I have the same tablet.

The OEM firmware name says DUKE_FW_07312

Which is the most common way to root an unknown android phone or tablet?

I know how to root my DHD or any other known mobile device (HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S).

But how about an unknown device?

Please some help?