• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Tablet PC Duke root

Search This thread

ZBEP

Jan 11, 2012
Problem step 2:
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke>cd root_app
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb remount
error: device not found
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb push su /system/xbin
/su
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb shell chmod 6755 /sy
stem/xbin/su
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb push Superuser.apk /
system/app/Superuser.apk
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb shell chmod 0755 /sy
stem/app/Superuser.apk
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb push busybox /system
/xbin/
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb shell chmod 6755 /sy
stem/xbin/busybox
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb shell /system/xbin/b
usybox --install -s /system/xbin
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>adb reboot
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke\root_app>cd ..
C:\Users\ZBEP\Desktop\Duke TA8 Files\Root Duke>pause
USB Debug Drivers - Installed
USB Debugging - On

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
please check device manager to check a DB device is installed. Your tablet must be switched on and running and USB deugging mode enabled. Also the folder. Android must be placed under c:/users/user name/. Then check device manager again.

I wrote the original artical. Pease press thanks

Hi if this is all true then step 1 has ot worked as it gives access to a DB root fies. Please redo

Last edited:
please check device manager to check a DB device is installed. Your tablet must be switched on and running and USB deugging mode enabled. Also the folder. Android must be placed under c:/users/user name/. Then check device manager again.

I wrote the original artical. Pease press thanks

TheHamster is right! I followed his instructions and managed to root my tablet.
He has done all the hard work!

ZBEP

Jan 11, 2012

Attachments

• ENF.jpg
    ENF.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 191

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
Hi, I am a bit confused as the folder name is ".android" not "android". so the folder that should be copied from the "USB debug driver" folder should look like this
c:\users\ZBEP\.android as in the instructions. Try this, as a second point I have updated the instructions after modifying kronosrx8's part-7 file. This can be downloaded from the new link on page 1 of this discussion.

Hi I also note that the android folder you have is not the ".android" folder folder from my download, please use this one.

Further to this you can download ES FIle explorer on the tablet from the android market and open up the default.prop file in the root folder of the tablet and it should read as follow, if not then step 1 has not worked. Note that this is the only file that is modified to give access to send root files. As std ro.secure =1 as given from the supplier.

#
# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES
#
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

Last edited:
Reactions: ZBEP
> TheHamster

I think that if you replace the ADB files with the latest from the Android SDK then you can ommit the step with copying .android folder.

This is what I had done before your help and I was able to connect to my tablet with ADB just fine but I didn't know how to root!
With older versions ADB did not find my tablet.

If you want I can send you the files to put them in and test.

Reactions: ZBEP

ZBEP

Jan 11, 2012
YES!!!
Than you very much!!!

Folder ".android" be copied from the "USB debug driver" folder in "C:\users\ZBEP\.android"

Step 1:
1. Recovery + On button = APX
2. Run "TabPCDuke 1 Enable ADB.bat"
3. Reset

Step 2:
1. Applications / Development / USB Debugging = On
2. Connect USB
(Device manager: Android composite ADB interface
My Computer: Android Tablet PC (MTP)).
3. Run "TabPCDuke 2 Send Superuser.bat".

All, my Tablet PC is root! :)

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks khronosrx8

Hi khronosrx8,

You are right we should update it to make it easier for everyone else. Could you please download the files required and a short instruction set and I will modify the install program again to suit. I thank you for uploading your backup. Today I copied it to linux and modified it to make the install easier for all moving forward, now there is an install for your tablet as well as a separate set of install files for the Prolink TA8 Asian version, which will make things easier for all moving forward. Actually now the last 3. bat file is not required, it will just mean ADB has access to the root folder. Running 3. will ensure this mode to mod the tablet by malicious means is closed.

I thank you for your help and lets make it easier for others moving forward.

Cheers TheHamster

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Hi ZPEB,

Congratulations, I am pleased you have made it through. With the knowledge of yourself and khronosrx8 we are able to make it easier for all. I think now there are only 4 Duke tablets rooted, 2 in Asia and 2 in Europe, but the process is certainly easier as we move forward. Enjoy your tablet now, you have full control.

Cheers Hamish

PS: Thankyou for pressing Thanks

I think now there are only 4 Duke tablets rooted, 2 in Asia and 2 in Europe, but the process is certainly easier as we move forward. Enjoy your tablet now, you have full control.

It feels good to be the first!!! :D

So now we need a custom recovery menu like Clockworkmod and a custom firmware like ICS (Android 4)!!!

Which custom recovery is compatible with out tablet? how can I test and find out???

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
I cant see any reason why clockworkmod will not work, I have used Titanium Backup, but just to backup settings to allow me to reset the tablet back to stock with all apps / settings etc.

Worst case is that you will have to reset the tablet back to stock, and this is pretty easy. So far I have had you do a backup of the tablet, but we have only played with the boot.img (part-7.img), so part 3 was to put the old boot back as per stock settings for default.prop (this is the file I modified under linux). If you are going to play then download the latest install files and run step 1 again as it now uses your part-7 but modded.

Last edited:

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
You are now in the domain of Android rather than specific to the Duke. If you search for bootanimation you will find many. Unfortunately most are for Gingerbreas on devices with smaller number of pixels. I searched for boot animation Xoom as these are all Honeycomb. You can also find lots of instruction on creating boot animations on XDA as well.

Once you have the download file use ES File Explorer in root mode (go into settings) to copy it to the correct spot. It is very easy I have a nice green Android Man with a green swirl around him

vaiol

Dec 15, 2011
sorru for my greeks-καλημερα κ καλη χρονια!ειδα οτι εισαι απο την ελλαδα κ πηρα το θαρος διοτι εχω παρει το ιδιο ταμπλετ απο το πλαισιο κ θελω να το ροοταρω.απλα οι γνωσεις μου περι αντροιντ κ τα αγγλικα μου ειναι λιγο περιορισμενα για αυτο ζητω αν θες κ μπορεις την βοηθεια σου!ειναι ευκολο να ροταριστει?θα ηθελα να μου δωσεις οδηγιες,κατεβασα το 2 λινκ απο το mediafire γιατι το πρωτο δεν δουλευει.ειδα οτι ρωτησες αν γινεται να δουλεψει κ η σιμ??κ δεν ξερω αν την ics αναβαθμιση την κανει το πλαισιο?παντως απο αυτα που σε ρωτω με καιει αν μπορεις να με βοηθησεις να το ροταρω κ εγω!!συγνωμη για την ενοχληση κ σε ευχαριστω!!

TheHamster

Oct 2, 2011
Hi khronosrx8,

I have been travelling so sorry for the delay in reply. What do you mean by flash a recovery image? If you mean recovery.img then there is no need to do this unless you have it modified for such like CWM. I have had a bit of a look last week and to mod it is not so easy and it must be done in Linux. I also dont have linux. but run it off a USB stick to mod the boot.img to allow root. As far as ROMs I have had a good look and none are applicable as far as I can see for our tablet. It requires a Duke tablet owner with the skills to mod to make it faster etc? I have not tried any of the normal root tools for moding, but they may or may not work.

The actual workings of flashing a recovery image is the same as 1- root... which flashes the boot.img It just sends the recovery to a different partition (boot is 7) I have to look at my work PC to find the other partition.

sorru for my greeks-καλημερα κ καλη χρονια!ειδα οτι εισαι απο την ελλαδα κ πηρα το θαρος διοτι εχω παρει το ιδιο ταμπλετ απο το πλαισιο κ θελω να το ροοταρω.απλα οι γνωσεις μου περι αντροιντ κ τα αγγλικα μου ειναι λιγο περιορισμενα για αυτο ζητω αν θες κ μπορεις την βοηθεια σου!ειναι ευκολο να ροταριστει?θα ηθελα να μου δωσεις οδηγιες,κατεβασα το 2 λινκ απο το mediafire γιατι το πρωτο δεν δουλευει.ειδα οτι ρωτησες αν γινεται να δουλεψει κ η σιμ??κ δεν ξερω αν την ics αναβαθμιση την κανει το πλαισιο?παντως απο αυτα που σε ρωτω με καιει αν μπορεις να με βοηθησεις να το ροταρω κ εγω!!συγνωμη για την ενοχληση κ σε ευχαριστω!!

Μόλις βρω λίγο ελεύθερο χρόνο θα σου δώσω όση βοήθεια χρειαστείς. Κανένα πρόβλημα! Ούτε χρειάζεται να ζητάς συγνώμη για τα Ελληνικά! :)

Reactions: vaiol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root method for Duke

NOTE please press the thanks button if you use this source as it is only fair to thank the people who put the effort into helping you. This is a new tablet and it took days not hours to collect and test this. Please press Thanks!

Hi I have had a Duke in Asia for about 6 months fully rooted running 3.2, so it is possible. I have attached all files and instructions in a word document to allow this to happen, but it is as always at your own risk.

Thanks to Krtonsrx8 who supplied the boot image from "Tablet PC Duke" from Europe I have updated the install files to make the installation simpler for the Europeans. I have also modded the boot file from Europe so now there are separate processes for the Asian "Prolink TA8 Tablet" (mine) and the Europe tablet mentioned in this discussion.

Original
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rxv3xuadq89lv04

Modified to make the process simpler
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9vz4vkk2514ec1z

Good Luck

The Hamster
    Para los que tienen tablet síragon con 3G y no pueden salir del recovery mode (APX) luego de rootear la tablet con los archivos de este post:

1) Bajar el siguiente archivo comprimido:LINK 1 del archivo txt adjunto
    2) Descomprimirlo con Winrar
    3) Iniciar la tablet en APX recovery mode
    4) Ejecutar el bat: HiveGSM 3 reset original boot - non ADB.bat
    5) Pulsar el botón reset de la tablet
    6) Listo ya debería de arrancar la tablet

Luego para los que todavía tienen ganas de rootear la tablet luego del susto:

Antes que nada bajar el programa unlockroot: LINK 2 del archivo txt adjunto

1) Apagar la tablet en funcionamiento normal
    2) Iniciar la tablet en recovery mode (APX) pulsando el boton recovery y power al mismo tiempo 3 seg
    3) Ejecutar el archivo (que ya fue descargado al principio): HiveGSM 1 Enable ADB.bat
    4) Pulsar boton reset
    5) Una vez que inicie la tablet ejecutar el programa unlock root y presionar el boton ROOT
    6) El programa realiza una serie de procedimientos automaticos y procede a rootear la tablet indicando que la operación concluyó sin problemas
    7) Listo

Saludos,

gracias por el aporte viejo pero no podrias hacer un tuto con imagenes para que uno se pueda orientar mejor es que de pana me da paja joder la tablet haciendo algo mal se te agradeceria un mundo

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

gracias por el aporte viejo pero no podrias hacer un tuto con imagenes para que uno se pueda orientar mejor es que de pana me da paja joder la tablet haciendo algo mal se te agradeceria un mundo

mi tablet siragon es wifi only cual archivo deberia de usar
    No Problem, Would you please press the "Thanks button" and also do you have the GSM version?
    anyone knows how to root this monster?? please

hello im trying to root this device and cant seem to be able.. any help is apreciated
    hi i have this tablet...

Model number KEIAN M704S PRO
    JAN 4534782925696
    Processor RK3066 Dual Core, ARM Cortex-A9
    Processor Speed 1.6GHz
    Wireless LAN (WiFi) IEEE 802.11b/g/n
    OS Android 4.1
    System memory
    DDR3 1GB
    Storage
    (I use about 2GB in internal os) 8GB
    Display 7.0 inches multi-touch panel wide viewing angle FFS LCD 1024 × 600
    Port microUSB2.0, MicroSD / SDHC (up to 32GB)
    MiniHDMI, 3.5mm earphone
    Camera 300,000 pixels front camera built-in 2 million pixel rear camera
    Battery 3000mAh
    Charge AC Charger
    Size Height 190.5mm 123.5mm width 9.9mm thickness
    Weight
    310g
    Remarks
    Language initial configuration corresponds to the Japanese. Japanese manual included.
    Package contents
    Body / AC adapter / USB cable / OTG cable / simple manual

anyone has any idea how to root it please.??
    Yeap! I would like to know as well! I have the same tablet.

The OEM firmware name says DUKE_FW_07312

Which is the most common way to root an unknown android phone or tablet?

I know how to root my DHD or any other known mobile device (HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S).

But how about an unknown device?

Please some help?