[Q] Tasker Profile Sound Alarm If Text Received

Search This thread

shaxs

Aug 16, 2010
I am having trouble getting a tasker profile to work. I have a Rapsberry Pi powered smoker temperature controller I built for when I am smoking brisket/pulled pork/bacon ect. It has an alarm feature that will text my phone on special conditions. I want Tasker to sound an alarm if it receives a text from the controller. It sends the text via email to my phonenumber@txt.att.net. The problem is the "from" 1s always different when it comes from ATT this way. It is in the format of "1410000027". It auto increments. If you look at the attachment, you will see what a text message looks like.

I am having trouble telling Tasker how to identify when a text like this comes through. Here is what I have:

For First Context, I chose Event > Phone > Received Text. I keep sender and content blank.

For Task I select Sound Alarm. I open the task up, select the Sound, and choose Stream Alarm. I then select the IF statement and from Variable select "Text Body", for conditional operator I select Matches, and then enter 'HeaterMeter' in the text box. I guess I am looking for a conditional statement that says "if contains".

Anyways, what am I doing wrong? Based on the attachment that shows the format of the text, how would I setup tasker to sound an alarm?

Attachments

• heatermeter-alert.jpg
    heatermeter-alert.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 360