[Q] Tasker "Take Call" on Xperia Tipo

Search This thread

2_i

May 22, 2013
I am trying to write a Tasker script allowing to take a call on Xperia Tipo by shaking the phone or by proximity to the ear. However, I have no luck arriving at the desired action from the Tasker task "Take Call". The only time the call is actually properly taken is when the triggering event is "Phone Ringing", i.e. in actuality the phone beginning to ring. At any later moment, with the phone continuing to ring, "Take Call" either generates no action or takes the call but then hangs up immediately. (The latter seems to depend on details in triggering the action.) I tried "Answer Call" from Secure Settings plugin, but that just comes back with an error. Both Tasker and Secure Settings are device administrators and I made them system apps, just in case.

Searching around the Web, I found that the success of "Take Call" is not guaranteed. Has anyone been successful with that task on Xperia Tipo?

2_i

May 22, 2013
Solved

OK, I can answer my own question. Both "Take Call" of Tasker and "Answer Call" of Secure Settings work on Xperia Tipo. My problem appeared to be in trigger collisions combined with simultaneous execution of tasks I thought of being carried out in sequence. After I explicitly paced the tasks, both commands can be executed on Xperia with expected outcomes. I am still refining my profile, but it seems that I've got over the hump.

Anvesh2013

Oct 31, 2012
I want to too

I want to do the same thing on my Intel mobile, but i came across tasker a few days ago. I am trying to learn about it. Will reply if i can find it. Hope u do the same.