• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Text message problems

Search This thread

carycooke

Apr 9, 2010
shelbyville, tn
when texting a message the call back number that is recieved on the other persons phone is a long string of numbers and is not showing up as my original phone number and when the person replies back they have to text me from my original number and cannot reply back to the number that is showing up
ANYONE else having this problem???????

carycooke

Apr 9, 2010
shelbyville, tn
its the sim card number that is showing up on the text lol I THINK atleast thats what verizon texh support said
wow that would be a hackers dream number i would suppose

Last edited:

mcobrandon

May 12, 2010
Orlando
So after some testing it seems my issue is only happening with AT&T Wireless phones. My txt msgs are fine to TMO and VZW...odd.

carycooke

Apr 9, 2010
shelbyville, tn
Verizon tech said it has been reported a few times but they said they would get back to me on this issue within the hour lol ill hold my breath
and my service is in middle tennessee

hecatomb

Jun 26, 2007
NW Ohio
I fixed this (temporarily) by unchecking "Send callback number" under SMS settings.

It was doing it even sending texts to other Verizon users.

carycooke

Apr 9, 2010
shelbyville, tn
i think a simple reboot fixes it temp. but a verizon tech told me they are collecting data because they are fixing to push out a patch for it and a few other problems

droidmom

Mar 22, 2011
Reboot solved the problem for me but I don't know if that is a permanent solution. I suspect that some people may have this problem and not even know about it. Unless you call and say, "Hey, I didn't hear back from you after I sent that text," you won't know they thought you had gotten their reply. This has happened to me both at the beginning as well as in the middle of a conversation. I've had the phone for 3 days, and the problem has occurred sporadically each day. I would be interested to hear if anybody has had the issue recur after a reboot or similar fix appeared to solve the problem.

All texts I send appear to arrive at their destination, with only some having the ID number instead of my phone number. It's the replies to those texts that sometimes arrive and sometimes don't.

mbrown3460

Aug 16, 2009
happen to me the first day I got the phone...called verizon and they fixed the problem in 5 mintues...I powered down my phone and they fixed out on there end.