[Q] TF201 back from RMA, Developers Rom left on, Trying to get it back to stock

Search This thread

phoenix573

Oct 13, 2011
Pretoria
Hey Guys

I finally got my Prime back from RMA after suffering from BRICK2 (unrecoverable bootloader). They seemed to have replaced the motherboard for the tablet and once I booted it up it was on Honeycomb (but strange red border every time I touched anything). I then realized that they had left the developers honeycomb rom on the device when they sent it to me (OPEN_epad-eng 3.2.1 HTK7 OPEN_epad-8.8.0.119.1-20111222 test-keys).

I wasn't able to update via the About setting tabs, obviously because of the developers rom installed. All I wanted to do was get it back to Stock (either Honeycomb or ICS), so I followed the EP201_SDUPDATE method to install the manual blob (I've tried both the WW & US blobs - originally bought in the US). It went through the installation of the blob (android robo with blue triangle spinning), afterwards it continued with the boot process, but gets stuck at the ASUS splash screen with the spinning circle. I have tried to redo this with both WW & US blobs, but does the same.

I was thinking of trying with a honeycomb blob, but I haven't been able to find this file anywhere.

If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated...

lil-devil

Jun 30, 2010
Markham
www.curiositytotheoven.ca
If you go into settings there is a section. Called developer options
Under user interface make sure nothing is checked there
That should fix :he problem:)

Edit
Never mind I didn't finish reading your post lol

Last edited:

phoenix573

Oct 13, 2011
Pretoria
Thanks to Rayman84, it wasn't booting past the splash screen, all I needed to do was wipe the cache from manually updating from honeycomb to ics. Its back up to speed and very happy to have tablet back in my hands. Awesome piece of kit :)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

ScottHW

Sep 23, 2010
TF700 with Dev Build

I just posted in the Dev section. I know cross-posting is frowned upon, but I want to make sure this is seen by the people who need to see it.
Could be very useful for XDA Devs working on Transformers.

I just received my new TF700, and it still has a ton of Dev stuff on it.

The Build Number is identified as
OPEN_epad-eng 4.0.3 IML74K OPEN_epad-9.0.4.104.15-20120618 test-keys

See the other thread, and discuss there.

TF700 with Dev Build
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1824531