[Q] The best tempered glass screen protector & cases that are compatible

Search This thread

AGorrila

Mar 27, 2013
Hello, I have information about the best tempered glass screen protector that I have found! I also have an important question at the end. I do NOT work for or get paid by any these companies.
The "iloome Samsung Galaxy S3(Blue) ScreenMate" is by far, the best tempered glass screen protector that I've ever used! :D It took me 2-3 months to find it and I'm so happy now! ='D

Ok, so I've tried the XGear Spectre. The responsiveness was a serious issue, same thing for the Seido Vitreo. The Vitreo left the worst smudges and fingerprints more than on all the screen protectors that I've ever tried, including normal film. I've also tried numerous film "plastic" screen protectors. The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield was my favorite until it had random wave-like defects. Zagg HD sucks. And I forgot the rest cuss they also sucked. Spigens is nice but not enough H on the hardness scale for me (and curved edge doesn't work with most of my cases and I want to protect the whole screen)

The iloome ScreenMate goes really close to the edge. More so than the Vitreo and, if my memory is correct, the Spectre as well. I think it stops right at the spot where the screen begins to curve (unless the whole screen is curved, then idk what I'm talking about) but it doesn't necessarily go RIGHT to the edge. However, as someone who really wants a full-screen protection with his phone, I am really satisfied. It's really smooth but not as smooth as the other tempered glass screen protectors (is there an abbreviation like t.glass sp? lol). It has a real SLIGHT resistance to it sort of like a film screen protector but I like it. There is more resistance when your fingers are wet. They shouldn't be wet in the first place when handling a phone but you know, life happens.

It took me a couple re-attempts to fit it perfectly but I got it pretty good. If the SP doesn't stick anymore I'll give it another shot cuss of my reattempts. The cutouts are really spot-on. As someone with an OCD-attention-to-detail-like personality (disclaimer: I'm not OCD, just blessed & cursed with "Eagle Eyes"!), I am 9/10 on the cutouts. The Home Button cut-out could be just a little smaller to help with accuracy when placing the SP (and technically, more protection of the screen and dust protection). I feel the same about the speaker and I think the proximity sensor cutout could be enhanced a little. HOWEVER, these are the tiniest details if we're looking at the realistic practicality of the SP. The fact that the notif. light, front camera, and sensors are covered with the see-through part of the SP is something that I love! It doesn't say Samsung which I kind of miss.

In the future, I see a t.glass sp with a mesh-like speaker cover/filter like you see in some rugged phone cases. And some sort of flexible home button. But anyway, back to the topic!

There are one or two problems with the screen protector, It doesn't work with the Kraken AMS, Ballistic MAXX, or Commuter... The AMS won't fit on the right way, the power buttons and volume buttons are off. Same with the MAXX, and the Commuter external poly case won't have a tight fit. The AMS lifts up the SP and caused some dust to go under so I cleaned and re-applied. I think the SP is a little too close to the edge for these cases. The Spectre and Vitreo worked fine with them though. And the second thing is that there are these tiny dots like a grid on the screen. I read that these dots help with accuracy and responsiveness with the phone and you. But you can only see them when the screen is turned off and you're holding the phone at a certain angle in the light. You can't see them when the screen's on or when you're in a dark room unless you hold it at an angle in the light. But honestly, I was worried at first but I don't even notice it now.

Well, I also bought ZeroLemon's 7000mAh extended battery and I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! Only problem is, the TPU case won't work with the screen protector... ='''( >XO

So it's one or the other. But I need (want) both! I've been using the battery without the case and it's not a good idea. Ha, so here's my question for you:

Is there a better tempered glass screen protector out there that works with rugged cases (like AMS, MAXX, etc.) and also works with "clip-on" cases like ZeroLemon's? I hate regular film SP's cuss most don't cover as much of the screen as t. glass does and they don't feel as nice as tempered glass.

If someone can mod a case to work with a tempered glass sp, and mainly mod it to work with ZL's 7000mAh battery, please let me know how I can make/buy/research one! I've looked through XDA and was unable in finding much.. I want to keep the ZL Battery cuss it's just what I need so if you know of a better SP let me know.

Also, what is the biggest sized battery that can fit the stock phone battery cover? And which battery (and mAh size) lasts 2 days (Morning of Day 1 to Nighttime of Day 2) if the ZL lasts me 3 days (Morning of Day 1 to Noon of Day 3)? Maybe if I get a smaller battery I can mod myself a case.

Please let me know as I would appreciate the info more than you would imagine! It would make me so happy! :D And maybe other people. Thank you everyone as I am relatively new to the awesome world of Android. :)

UPDATE: I seem to have found a case called "Laza" that's supposed to work with extended batteries. The full title of it is "Laza Samsung Galaxy S3 RuggedFusion Protective Case for Extended Battery Black/Blue (BATTERY + BACK COVER NOT INCLUDED)". You can find it on amazon on these 2 links from what I've seen:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_gnr_aps?rh=i:aps,k:laza+rugged
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BZGQ9A8

Also I have seen these posts regarding the case:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41232920
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40449560
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102546&page=138

What do you think? Does this case work with ZL's 7000mAh and a t. glass sp? What other options are there? I will update them on this thread and give the credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

spectre85

Nov 9, 2010
Regina
SO just wondering how you like your glass screen protector. Are you still using the iloome one? i'm looking to get one for a Nexus 5 when they come out and wondering how good these things protect the screen.

Thanks

spectre85

Nov 9, 2010
Regina
so i'm just looking for some feedback on the iloome screenmate. i'm looking to get one of these for my nexus 5.

are they worth it?

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

so i'm just looking for some feedback on the iloome screenmate. i'm looking to get one of these for my nexus 5.

are they worth it?

AGorrila

Mar 27, 2013
Actually man it ended up having too many buggy issues that were small, but enough for me to get fed up with it. Thanks for reminding me about this post I'll probably take it down or state that it was great but after a couple of weeks it really started to become unresponsive, inaccurate, & laggy. Sorry for the late reply. I found a decent screen protector but forgot where I bought it from or what its name was and I've been looking ever since. Right now I am using ZeroLemon's new case for the Sprint GS3 and I took out the screen protector of that case so it's a naked screen screen but its all around protection so so far this is what I'm working with..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I have information about the best tempered glass screen protector that I have found! I also have an important question at the end. I do NOT work for or get paid by any these companies.
    The "iloome Samsung Galaxy S3(Blue) ScreenMate" is by far, the best tempered glass screen protector that I've ever used! :D It took me 2-3 months to find it and I'm so happy now! ='D

Ok, so I've tried the XGear Spectre. The responsiveness was a serious issue, same thing for the Seido Vitreo. The Vitreo left the worst smudges and fingerprints more than on all the screen protectors that I've ever tried, including normal film. I've also tried numerous film "plastic" screen protectors. The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield was my favorite until it had random wave-like defects. Zagg HD sucks. And I forgot the rest cuss they also sucked. Spigens is nice but not enough H on the hardness scale for me (and curved edge doesn't work with most of my cases and I want to protect the whole screen)

The iloome ScreenMate goes really close to the edge. More so than the Vitreo and, if my memory is correct, the Spectre as well. I think it stops right at the spot where the screen begins to curve (unless the whole screen is curved, then idk what I'm talking about) but it doesn't necessarily go RIGHT to the edge. However, as someone who really wants a full-screen protection with his phone, I am really satisfied. It's really smooth but not as smooth as the other tempered glass screen protectors (is there an abbreviation like t.glass sp? lol). It has a real SLIGHT resistance to it sort of like a film screen protector but I like it. There is more resistance when your fingers are wet. They shouldn't be wet in the first place when handling a phone but you know, life happens.

It took me a couple re-attempts to fit it perfectly but I got it pretty good. If the SP doesn't stick anymore I'll give it another shot cuss of my reattempts. The cutouts are really spot-on. As someone with an OCD-attention-to-detail-like personality (disclaimer: I'm not OCD, just blessed & cursed with "Eagle Eyes"!), I am 9/10 on the cutouts. The Home Button cut-out could be just a little smaller to help with accuracy when placing the SP (and technically, more protection of the screen and dust protection). I feel the same about the speaker and I think the proximity sensor cutout could be enhanced a little. HOWEVER, these are the tiniest details if we're looking at the realistic practicality of the SP. The fact that the notif. light, front camera, and sensors are covered with the see-through part of the SP is something that I love! It doesn't say Samsung which I kind of miss.

In the future, I see a t.glass sp with a mesh-like speaker cover/filter like you see in some rugged phone cases. And some sort of flexible home button. But anyway, back to the topic!

There are one or two problems with the screen protector, It doesn't work with the Kraken AMS, Ballistic MAXX, or Commuter... The AMS won't fit on the right way, the power buttons and volume buttons are off. Same with the MAXX, and the Commuter external poly case won't have a tight fit. The AMS lifts up the SP and caused some dust to go under so I cleaned and re-applied. I think the SP is a little too close to the edge for these cases. The Spectre and Vitreo worked fine with them though. And the second thing is that there are these tiny dots like a grid on the screen. I read that these dots help with accuracy and responsiveness with the phone and you. But you can only see them when the screen is turned off and you're holding the phone at a certain angle in the light. You can't see them when the screen's on or when you're in a dark room unless you hold it at an angle in the light. But honestly, I was worried at first but I don't even notice it now.

Well, I also bought ZeroLemon's 7000mAh extended battery and I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! Only problem is, the TPU case won't work with the screen protector... ='''( >XO

So it's one or the other. But I need (want) both! I've been using the battery without the case and it's not a good idea. Ha, so here's my question for you:

Is there a better tempered glass screen protector out there that works with rugged cases (like AMS, MAXX, etc.) and also works with "clip-on" cases like ZeroLemon's? I hate regular film SP's cuss most don't cover as much of the screen as t. glass does and they don't feel as nice as tempered glass.

If someone can mod a case to work with a tempered glass sp, and mainly mod it to work with ZL's 7000mAh battery, please let me know how I can make/buy/research one! I've looked through XDA and was unable in finding much.. I want to keep the ZL Battery cuss it's just what I need so if you know of a better SP let me know.

Also, what is the biggest sized battery that can fit the stock phone battery cover? And which battery (and mAh size) lasts 2 days (Morning of Day 1 to Nighttime of Day 2) if the ZL lasts me 3 days (Morning of Day 1 to Noon of Day 3)? Maybe if I get a smaller battery I can mod myself a case.

Please let me know as I would appreciate the info more than you would imagine! It would make me so happy! :D And maybe other people. Thank you everyone as I am relatively new to the awesome world of Android. :)

UPDATE: I seem to have found a case called "Laza" that's supposed to work with extended batteries. The full title of it is "Laza Samsung Galaxy S3 RuggedFusion Protective Case for Extended Battery Black/Blue (BATTERY + BACK COVER NOT INCLUDED)". You can find it on amazon on these 2 links from what I've seen:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_gnr_aps?rh=i:aps,k:laza+rugged
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BZGQ9A8

Also I have seen these posts regarding the case:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41232920
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40449560
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102546&page=138

What do you think? Does this case work with ZL's 7000mAh and a t. glass sp? What other options are there? I will update them on this thread and give the credit where credit is due.