[Q] Touch sensitivity / registration issue !

Search This thread

ammar

Apr 5, 2004
Hello everybody, I just received my g4 yesterday so I had it now for 24hrs and sometimes soft /light touches does not register and I find myself touching the same icon again to make it work .
Coming from Galaxy S6 it seems the G4 sometimes skip a touch or two.
Is that normal? Did anyone else noticed the same ?
Can this be corrected by software updates or is it something wrong with my G4?

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
The G4 does not run on super amoled, obviously. The review units seem to have the same 'issue' when compared with other phones. It's the type of screen.

Reactions: ammar

mattism78

Aug 5, 2010
Vero Beach
I just picked up my G4 today and am noticing the same thing. My Note 4 had a setting where you could turn up sensitivity, I have yet to find it on this phone

Reactions: robinmwoolery

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
I'm finding it to be the opposite. While scrolling through my app drawer I end up starting up an app

Sent from my G4 using your mom

scrillakev

Mar 5, 2014
Hollis, NY
I'm having the same issue, however I am running a Mime tempered glass screen protector. My cousin has also reported the same issue where it is missing taps, he's running a Zagg tempered glass screen protector.

To those with the issue are you also running a tempered glass protector?

prosive

Mar 10, 2010
I have a tempered glass screen protector. I did use the phone for a day or so before I started using the protector. The outcome has been the same for me either way. 90~95 out of 100 taps and swipes are registered properly but the 5 to 10% missed taps are starting to get really annoying for me. Most of the time I won't notice or care in a non gaming scenario though.

I have used the app posted above and it doesn't seem to really make a difference for me. Very frustrating because everything else about the phone has been great (battery, camera, screen, sound, etc). Debating if it's worth rolling the dice on a new phone.. We are in 2015 and this shouldn't be happening, last time I had a phone that missed taps was like 2011.

SilentJ20

Jan 9, 2013
I was having a similar touch issue. But I fixed mine--or resolved it. I discovered it while scrolling through the reddit Sync app. I would have to press links twice because it wouldn't register the first time. Then for some reason, I discovered the issue:

IF the screen is moving (as in still scrolling from a swipe) ANY AMOUNT at all, the first touch does not open the intended link/target. Even if the screen scroll has slowed to an absolute crawl, but isn't COMPLETELY stopped, the first touch only 'stops' the screen. If I wait to touch until the screen has come to a complete stop, it works every time. Maybe my previous phones didn't have as tight of a tolerance on how much the screen can be moving before registering touches.

Other than that, the screen may be slightly less sensitive than other phones.

Not sure if this is the same touch issue you're having, but I hope this helps someone.

HidYn

Dec 15, 2010
Just to add to the topic I've come from a Nexus 6 and I'm experiencing the same issue. Definitely missed taps.

Darth Pooh

Oct 4, 2006
Just to add to the topic I've come from a Nexus 6 and I'm experiencing the same issue. Definitely missed taps.

I am assuming the N6 does not have touch issues like this... I am going to be jumping to it from the G4, I think this is just an unacceptable phone. How is the size / handling of the N6 compared to the G4? That's my only concern...

HidYn

Dec 15, 2010
I am assuming the N6 does not have touch issues like this... I am going to be jumping to it from the G4, I think this is just an unacceptable phone. How is the size / handling of the N6 compared to the G4? That's my only concern...

Honestly I've had every Nexus device and the Nexus 6 I wasn't the biggest fan. It had none of the touch screen issues but the camera was not on the same level and in my experience neither was the battery life.

I also much prefer the size of the G4 and I'm not a fan of AMOLED screens I can't stand the black ghosting that occurs on them.

I've already contacted the Three store here in the UK where I got my G4 and they are happy to exchange but honestly I won't be switching from the G4. We just need more people like on here to make themselves heard and hopefully LG come up with a fix or it comes down to a bad batch.

That's not to say the Nexus 6 is a bad phone but if they can fix the touch screen issues on the G4 there really is no comparison in my opinion.

woozzy101

May 25, 2015
Southern California
This was brought up by someone else, but for those that feel the touch sensitivity / registration is not workigng so well, do any of you have a screen protector? Whether it is Tempered Glass or a Protective Film it could be inteffiring with the display?

Also, if you are having problems and have something on your screen for protection, what type of protection is it and what brand? Just figure it is worth a shot asking and seeing if there is a pattern.

HidYn

Dec 15, 2010
This was brought up by someone else, but for those that feel the touch sensitivity / registration is not workigng so well, do any of you have a screen protector? Whether it is Tempered Glass or a Protective Film it could be inteffiring with the display?

Also, if you are having problems and have something on your screen for protection, what type of protection is it and what brand? Just figure it is worth a shot asking and seeing if there is a pattern.

I'm using a CaseBase Tempered Glass Protector but my other half is rocking a naked G4 and the issues are still present. I actually already have another Protector on the way from a different manufacture because I initially thought that it could be the problem.

Then I began reading on here and Reddit and discovered we are not the only ones with the issue.

stotea

Dec 31, 2012

No screen protector for me.

Darth Pooh

Oct 4, 2006
No screen protector here either... it's just super frustrating to have a flagship phone perform this poorly.

metayoshi

Jul 7, 2010
Tustin, CA
I'm finding it to be the opposite. While scrolling through my app drawer I end up starting up an app

Sent from my G4 using your mom

I'm actually experiencing both the issue in the OP and the issue you're having where I try to swipe to scroll but it ends up tapping instead, though they happen at different times. There seems to be something wrong with these touchscreens since it seems to be a common problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Give this app a try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.shop4apps.touchscreenbooster.com&hl=en I installed it and set it to Super Optimized and it seems to be making the sensitivity a little better. I am coming from the S6 so it was driving me crazy with all the missed registrations.
    Press harder?
    The G4 does not run on super amoled, obviously. The review units seem to have the same 'issue' when compared with other phones. It's the type of screen.
    I just picked up my G4 today and am noticing the same thing. My Note 4 had a setting where you could turn up sensitivity, I have yet to find it on this phone
    I just had an online chat with LG US Support, and they stated that they have not heard of this issue at all yet. I encourage you all having issues to head over to LG Chat and tell them about the issue. I linked this thread to them and they said if they don't get 50% complaints they won't be doing anything about it.

You can get to live chat from here

http://www.lg.com/us/support