[Q] TouchWiz UI on Jelly Bean?

Search This thread

Phy

Oct 21, 2007
The only thing I miss from Jelly Bean is the SIII TouchWiz launcher. Anybody know how to get that working on a Jelly Bean 4.1 installation?

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
Buy an S3 and then wait for samsung to update it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: IINexusII

DakiX

Mar 11, 2012
Show descriptions

Sent from my Hybrid Note using Tapatalk 2

albsat

I feel bad to admit but I prefere tw5 over apex or nova. The folder option is too useful for me in tw5. Tw5 is not perfect also, i wish it had number indicator for new sms in Messages icon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

JamesInsights

Jun 28, 2012
Singapore
You could always install a launcher similar to TouchWiz but you would never get a full TouchWiz until someone develops something like a ROM for the Galaxy Nexus similar to the Nature UX TouchWiz from the S3

It's funny how you would want TouchWiz since people get the Galaxy Nexus for the pure stock google and for fast updates xD Not to have custom interfaces like sense and touchwiz. And if you get bored with the stock interface you could always get a new launcher/ROM

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Touchwiz is by far the ugliest UI ever.
Sense is the most bloated and heavy UI.
MIUI makes one feel retarded, much like owning an iDevice.
Motoblur is just after Touchwiz in ugliness.

Stock android is the way to go. Otherwise, buy a device with the respective UI preinstalled.

Phy

Oct 21, 2007
The only thing I miss from Jelly Bean is the SIII TouchWiz launcher. Anybody know how to get that working on a Jelly Bean 4.1 installation?

The thing I really miss is the Acuweather widget for the home screen. I like Jelly Bean for everything else. I really like having the simple clock and the customized weather backdrop.

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Why would you want it? touchwizx is disgusting, ugly as hell, i got a nexus to get away from touchwiz, it almost ruined the galaxy s ii

Phy

Oct 21, 2007
The SIII Accuweather widget is my favorite, and part of the charm of the Galaxy Nexus is the ability to choose what you like to put on it. I like a combination of the buttery smoothness of Jelly Bean with the SIII Accuweather widget.

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
I can't blame anyone wanting an OEM launcher.

Although the Nexus is designed for stock experience, it's also the best phone for variety, I'd rather have choices than none at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: shobon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is...so wrong?
    I got a gnex to get away from tw

Buy an S3 and then wait for samsung to update it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I can't blame anyone wanting an OEM launcher.

Although the Nexus is designed for stock experience, it's also the best phone for variety, I'd rather have choices than none at all.