• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] U10 Uwatch : Which apk is the best to connect with a phone?

Search This thread

Mad07

Sep 30, 2009
Hi all,
I've buy an U10 for my son as X-Mas gift. If I read in diff. threads, once the orginal apk from the manifactor: the bt.notifier should be installed, otherones said, the google-play rwatch should be the best....

If I look in google play I see 3 diff. apk's from rwatch:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=rwatch

* Rwatch (last update 25.May.14)
* Smartwatch (last update 4.June.14)
* SmartwatchBT4.0 (last update 26.Nov.2014)

What I've found out :
Smartwatch support add Health and customize (does it works with the U10?) in depent of rwatch
Smartwatch is newer

SmartwatchBT4.0 is more or less the same as Smatwatch, but work with BT4
SmartwatchBT4.0 is newer

The U10 support BT3 and BT4; but BT4 should be more battery friendly. Does someone have some expierence with the apk Smartwatch / SmartwatchBT4 ? Or it will be better to install the bt-notifier which can be download via FTP (which is mention in the manual) ? Or does another apk will be work better ?

I'm also not sure, if I need add. the AndroiD Wear APK , too, or does one of the 3 APK above are enough...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.wearable.app

Last edited:

Mad07

Sep 30, 2009
I've found one useful answer in the reviews of SmartwatchBT4.0 :
Sehr gute App und nicht auf Chinesisch Ich benutze die App auf einen Sony Xperia Z1 C in Verbindung mit der Uwatch U10 und es funktioniert alles wie beschrieben einwandfrei.

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
I've found one useful answer in the reviews of SmartwatchBT4.0 :
the smartwatchbt4 works well with note1.
tested with the prev version, not working
but theres a hickup though, camera, find phone, dailing from contact doesnt work. but diling from sms works. havent test the rest of u10function

nikmagick

Dec 5, 2010
I'm having difficulty finding an apk that works successfully with lollipop. Notifications (enabled in accessibility) crash the app.

Anyone found one that doesn't?

GOLBSTAR

Feb 8, 2015
I'm having difficulty finding an apk that works successfully with lollipop. Notifications (enabled in accessibility) crash the app.

Anyone found one that doesn't?

I bought a U10 last month and been trial and error with apps ever since. Although my HTC One Mini 2 is still on KitKat, no app seems perfect and there seems to be zero help from the rwatch developer too.
I've heard Smartwear app works with lollipop but personally I found this buggy on my KitKat HTC. After a call, I could no longer access the phone book etc.

Last edited:

nikmagick

Dec 5, 2010
I've got smartwear app to work on lollipop which is great. Only now my U10 has started to turn itself on and display the menu screen (the one with the bluetooth button in the top left, and then freeze.

Issues with the latest firmware?

GOLBSTAR

Feb 8, 2015
I've tried all the apps on the store but yesterday tried the one from the myuwatch.com site (/U10/Smart_Watch.apk). This is pretty good and reliable on my HTC running KitKat. There's an update to version 7.1.3 through the About section of the app. I haven't tried all features but the ones I have used work fine. Camera capture (with live preview on watch screen with either front or rear camera), sms, pedometer (which syncs data with phone every 15mins), call dialling, phone book, music playback, as well as notification for every app that pops up in the status bar. Call text sender, call logs. Any app can be blocked from the watch (right to left swipe) which then syncs with the app for quick on/off access. Caller ID is a mystery though, won't show caller name.

Last edited:

schnuppmeister

Mar 5, 2015
Just tried to download myuwatch.com/U10/Smart_Watch.apk but was told "Error 404, not found" :( They seem to have taken it down...

I've tried all the apps on the store but yesterday tried the one from the myuwatch.com site (/U10/Smart_Watch.apk). This is pretty good and reliable on my HTC running KitKat. There's an update to version 7.1.3 through the About section of the app. I haven't tried all features but the ones I have used work fine. Camera capture (with live preview on watch screen with either front or rear camera), sms, pedometer (which syncs data with phone every 15mins), call dialling, phone book, music playback, as well as notification for every app that pops up in the status bar. Call text sender, call logs. Any app can be blocked from the watch (right to left swipe) which then syncs with the app for quick on/off access. Caller ID is a mystery though, won't show caller name.

GOLBSTAR

Feb 8, 2015
Just tried to download myuwatch.com/U10/Smart_Watch.apk but was told "Error 404, not found" :( They seem to have taken it down...

Hi, still working I think. Try going to the error page but after, tap the address bar (in Chrome) so that it highlights the link, then tap your Android keyboard's "go" key.
Incidentally, when I got the email from this thread, the link worked from Gmail too

nikmagick

Dec 5, 2010
Current Thinking

Hi - after giving up on apps for a while, I've decided to try again.

What's the current thinking on the best app for Android (lollipop)?

cheers :)