sdgd

any 1 made a port for galazy note 3
really like too try ubuntu touch
not a big android fan

cpgeek

Nov 27, 2007
Storrs, CT
really this device has not so much developers

I'm amazed that this is the case. I just upgraded from the original galaxy note (sgh-i717) to the new galaxy note 3 (sm-n9005). The original note had a ton of development and there seems to be only a little bit for the note3... is this device just generally unpopular or something?

DKJae

Nov 6, 2010
Sin City
I'm amazed that this is the case. I just upgraded from the original galaxy note (sgh-i717) to the new galaxy note 3 (sm-n9005). The original note had a ton of development and there seems to be only a little bit for the note3... is this device just generally unpopular or something?

Knox messed it all up

cpgeek

Nov 27, 2007
Storrs, CT
Knox messed it all up

knox be damned though, it doesn't technically effect anything but warranty status, which i always assume is just plain gone as soon as i've modified any portion of the firmware (rom flashing, rooting, etc.). shouldn't be any different except for the permanent lack of the actual knox functionality which i'll leave up to the individual to decide if missing that featureset is important to them or not, but I don't really see the actual knox functionality as being beneficial. - I do think it's bull**** that they don't allow SElinux containers without the knox flag being 0x0 though. it's linux / SElinux. it's free, open source, and shouldn't have anything to do with the hardware restrictions at all.

so yeah, flashing on anything with unlocked bootloader really isn't that different from flashing on previous notes, s3, etc. besides losing knox functionality. result: we need more developers!

further, there *SHOULD* be some way to rewrite the kernel so that it doesn't look for the knox flag in the first place (just by removing or disabling the few lines of code that checks for it). could be a simple matter of commenting out "if knox=0x1 then break" again, we need more devs.

Last edited:
Reactions: n0t3

n0t3

Mar 18, 2014
Can you recommend an easy or at least convenient way to get started as a developer?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

cpgeek

Nov 27, 2007
Storrs, CT
Can you recommend an easy or at least convenient way to get started as a developer?

There is lots of documentation on the Android site of how to grab the Android developer tools and get your feet wet, but if you're interested if recommend checking out android development for dummies as s great primer. You can probably borrow it from your local public library.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: n0t3

n0t3

Mar 18, 2014
I really hope there will be some development soon since that ubuntu 14.04 will be released in roughly a week

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no news no proper port of MIUI , Color OS or Ubuntu Touch

any new information?
    Knox messed it all up

knox be damned though, it doesn't technically effect anything but warranty status, which i always assume is just plain gone as soon as i've modified any portion of the firmware (rom flashing, rooting, etc.). shouldn't be any different except for the permanent lack of the actual knox functionality which i'll leave up to the individual to decide if missing that featureset is important to them or not, but I don't really see the actual knox functionality as being beneficial. - I do think it's bull**** that they don't allow SElinux containers without the knox flag being 0x0 though. it's linux / SElinux. it's free, open source, and shouldn't have anything to do with the hardware restrictions at all.

so yeah, flashing on anything with unlocked bootloader really isn't that different from flashing on previous notes, s3, etc. besides losing knox functionality. result: we need more developers!

further, there *SHOULD* be some way to rewrite the kernel so that it doesn't look for the knox flag in the first place (just by removing or disabling the few lines of code that checks for it). could be a simple matter of commenting out "if knox=0x1 then break" again, we need more devs.

There is lots of documentation on the Android site of how to grab the Android developer tools and get your feet wet, but if you're interested if recommend checking out android development for dummies as s great primer. You can probably borrow it from your local public library.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk