[Q] Unable to add debit card info to Google Wallet

Search This thread

sk8er_boi47

Feb 21, 2012
Pune
Hi All,
I wanted to purchase a paid app from Google play so I went ahead & entered my Debit Card details (I do not have credit card). I verified all the details & were entered correctly, but it still says “Invalid Credit card” ???
I’m entering debit card info, why does it say Credit card ? I have done various transactions in past using the same card & has worked fine, I donno why problem with google play / wallet?

Pls help. :confused:

Last edited:

ironarun

Aug 1, 2013
Bangalore
Oh. Thank you for the info Vishal. I hope Google does do something about this. I was however able to buy the app from Play Store via an ICICI Visa Debit Card. Has this got anything to do with the bank issuing the card as well? I was of the notion that the RBI guidelines would cover all Indian banks.

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
This problem is because The Reserve Bank of India has introduced the Verified by Visa (VBV) and 3D Secure Code for Visa and MasterCards respectively. Read here to know more.

We can't use our cards unless Google implements this thing in their system too. :mad::(

My bank in the UK (HSBC) has used both these methods for a number of years and I am able to use my card on the Play Store with no problems at all.

Jul 15, 2011
Delhi
Realme GT 2
Same here, I want to purchase SwiftKey with my Bank of Maharashtra Debit Card, I get "Invalid Credit Card" error..

I don't understand why google doesn't implement internet banking system?

Srsly yaar.. Hadh hi h matlab pehli baar jindagi me laga ki koi paid app purchase karta hu to google wale paise ni lena chahte.. Inhe koi baniyagiri sikhao

swarajk1

Oct 25, 2012
Gurgaon
HDFC Platinum Debit Card not working either

You said HSBC. HSBC cards don't have problem here too, neither HDFC. The problem is with some banks only but their number is huge.

Hey Vishal
I just tried adding an HDFC card to the Wallet account but it says invalid credit card though I have been able to use it where credit cards were required earlier as well. Would creating a virtual NetSafe Card from HDFC website work instead?

Hey Vishal
I just tried adding an HDFC card to the Wallet account but it says invalid credit card though I have been able to use it where credit cards were required earlier as well. Would creating a virtual NetSafe Card from HDFC website work instead?

I can't tell you. I don't know. Instead, you go and ask your bank why is it not being accepted. They will help you.

Caro332

Aug 12, 2011
Delhi
Same thing with HDFC...At least in Haryana. Can't purchase. Funny thing because I did purchase an app last year and it did work. However I tried today and it seems like it doesn't work anymore

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
Most debit cards stopped working since Google Play begun showing amount in INR.

Alternate solution:

1. Go to wallet.google.com
2. Add a new card
3. Enter your card no., name, etc.
4. Enter a fake US Address and a fake US Phone number (use fakenamegenerator.com for this)
5. Your card will be accepted
6. Now change your address and phone number back to your genuine ones
7. Enjoy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Seadra

Aug 18, 2013

Alternate solution:

2. Add a new card
4. Enter a fake US Address and a fake US Phone number (use fakenamegenerator.com for this)
7. Enjoy!

There was a problem authorizing your card. Contact your bank if this problem continues.

Tried the fake stuff, nothing works. When going to the bank, they always reply "sarji aap NEFT use karein, atm to atm ke liye hota hai... online NEFT hota hai. " these dumbass. :rolleyes:

Osamabinatiq

Unautorised card error occurs when your card has insufficient balance or bank has not autorised your card for internet use call your bank and ask them to activate your internet session when i first time added my card on google charged me $.99 I even did not make any purchase on googke play just add my card but after few day I received a refund from google .

Sent from my X10S using xda app-developers app

AhmedFaiz

Jun 20, 2011
Calicut
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8 Pro
I got to say I was trying with a PNB debit card for a year no luck ,I just got a icici visa debit card which is working brought an app with it. It seems only visa cards are working with play store terms. Just got v the card working where is the n5! ?
Hope Google fixes it wallet issue with RBI soon or piracy is gone get wort here in India.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

aplusk

Jan 31, 2013
mumbai
Help me to have more choice for cards.

Hello i am from india. I use entropay to buy apps from google play, it works well. But entropay charge 4.95% of total amount while funding to their account. Is there any other online credit/debit card service which dont charge for funding ?

also does sbi bank virtual card works with google play ?

First_Timer

Feb 3, 2014
Want to buy Nexus 5, but can't setup Google Wallet. :(

Same problem. :|

Wanted to buy Nexus 5 from Play Store India but unable to setup my account on Google Wallet using an HDFC Debit Card. Is there any other way by which I could buy the phone from Google without shelling out any extra amount for it?

Online retailer Flipkart is selling the phone for INR 1k extra. I guess I'd have to buy from them only. *banghead*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am finally at the bottom of this issue, and it is all capitalism down here.

Play store, Steam etc use the policy of saving credit card info so that users will no more have to fill in all that info each time they purchase something. This method is called one click purchase and it raises the number of sales. This business policy conflicts with 3D secure and this the reason nobody is bothering to implement 3D secure.

In India, 3D secure is mandatory for all online card transactions. Transactions on online stores outside India are beyond this rule but they also bypass taxes. That is why INR transactions are being implemented; but if a seller bypasses 3D secue for INR transaction, they will be charged with huge fine.

As of December 2012, Apple has proposed RBI to consider allowing one time 3D secure verification while adding cards, so that one click purchase can still be possible, and RBI is considering it.

Even credit cards require 3D secure in India. So prepaid credit card will not help. A few cards are still accepting 3D secure bypass request, like Axis Bank MasterCard, but nothing can be guranteed for future.
    The only reason I can think for the card not being accepted is that, for whatever reason, Google thinks your card is untrustworthy.

If you want to contact Google then search their website - it's not like we are going to have a phone number on speed-dial that we can just give you.
    Google Checkout is now Google Wallet, a service like Paypal.

Indian cards, when used online, have lots of restrictions, redirections, verifications etc. The catch is, everything must happen in real-time; making it impossible to be used in services like Google Wallet where Google stores your card info and uses it at some point in future.
    Previously, Google Checkout was real-time, so some cards used to work. Blame Google for making another Google+-esq mistake by removing any direct payment method with the aim of pushing its Google Wallet as a major competitor of Paypal.

I contacted their support, they said that SBI debit cards shall work. However, Saketme reports that even that is not working. I request him to contact Wallet support and post the response here.

Update: Some say that these cards stopped working because INR transactions have been implemented. Axis Bank cards used to work, so did virtual credit cards; both are now bocked.

Edit: Can I post links? thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-www/161111-must-read-information-regarding-indian-debit-cards-8.html

Alternate solution:

2. Add a new card
    7. Enjoy!

Google Support is rather quick to respond on forums, especially if it's a usability issue on one of their websites.
    Especially because debit cards are 100% accepted by them.

A guy with the same problem as yours, got a response by a google power user:

ravinder sharma
    while purchanging custom domain through blogger with my debit visa card which is dully activated and verified by visa--error shows- decline the error no- bX-74br4 please advise why they are declining the debit visa card.

LMckin51-Power Poster
    If your credit/debit card was declined, consider the following issues that users often encounter when making purchases online:

• Enter the entire card number without any spaces or dashes
    • Verify your card hasn't expired, and enter the correct expiration date
    • Enter the correct Card Verification Code (CVC)
    • Google Wallet only sends CVC information to your bank for the initial authorization of your card. To ensure the security of your credit card information, Google does not store your CVC and it will not be sent for all other authorizations.
    • Confirm the billing address listed in your Google Wallet account matches the billing address that appears on your credit/debit card statement
    If you're not able to correct the problem after double-checking and re-entering all of your information, we suggest contacting your credit/debit card-issuer for more information. Once you successfully update your payment information, the seller can charge and fulfill your order. Review the status of your order and confirm your card was successfully updated by signing into your account at wallet dot google dot com/manage

If you place an order as a Google Wallet guest and your credit/debit card declines, your order will automatically be cancelled. If you'd still like to complete the transaction, please place a new order.

A recommended search for future problems like this can be found at here on Google forums
    (XDA won't let me post links < 10 posts)
    You can find those by going to productforums dot google dot com