[Q] Unable to add debit card info to Google Wallet

Search This thread

sk8er_boi47

Feb 21, 2012
Pune
Hi All,
I wanted to purchase a paid app from Google play so I went ahead & entered my Debit Card details (I do not have credit card). I verified all the details & were entered correctly, but it still says “Invalid Credit card” ???
I’m entering debit card info, why does it say Credit card ? I have done various transactions in past using the same card & has worked fine, I donno why problem with google play / wallet?

Pls help. :confused:

Last edited:

freedomtigers

Sep 17, 2013
kerala

DJMachox

Oct 9, 2014
Thanks

Most debit cards stopped working since Google Play begun showing amount in INR.

Alternate solution:

1. Go to wallet.google.com
2. Add a new card
3. Enter your card no., name, etc.
4. Enter a fake US Address and a fake US Phone number (use fakenamegenerator.com for this)
5. Your card will be accepted
6. Now change your address and phone number back to your genuine ones
7. Enjoy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

This actually works man thanks you. You save my life :p

an00p89162

Feb 18, 2013
Hi All,
I wanted to purchase a paid app from Google play so I went ahead & entered my Debit Card details (I do not have credit card). I verified all the details & were entered correctly, but it still says “Invalid Credit card” ???
I’m entering debit card info, why does it say Credit card ? I have done various transactions in past using the same card & has worked fine, I donno why problem with google play / wallet?

This image will tell you everything...

Attachments

• dviea.png
    dviea.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 611

ALTAiR916

Jan 23, 2016
Pathanamthitta,Kerala
3D Secure Cards

I've talked this matter with Google Help Desk. They told me that 3D Secure cards won't work with Google.
3D Secure means when you pay for something online, on payment, it will redirect you to Payment gateway of your Bank.

D@rekills4

Nov 6, 2010
So now that the Google Wallet method isn't working either, does anyone here know any other work around for making purchases off the Play Store using a debit card?

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013
Reactions: D@rekills4

Shankar6208

May 26, 2016
I am having the same problem

Even i am having the same problem,
i am entering all the details perfectly without any mistakes in Card No, Validity date & CVV no etc... my card is perfect and i am still using that card in online shopping,
i tried the same exercise with my another bank debit card also but same issue is coming,
So it is clear, the problem is there in Play Store.
Please help me out

Hi All,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am finally at the bottom of this issue, and it is all capitalism down here.

Play store, Steam etc use the policy of saving credit card info so that users will no more have to fill in all that info each time they purchase something. This method is called one click purchase and it raises the number of sales. This business policy conflicts with 3D secure and this the reason nobody is bothering to implement 3D secure.

In India, 3D secure is mandatory for all online card transactions. Transactions on online stores outside India are beyond this rule but they also bypass taxes. That is why INR transactions are being implemented; but if a seller bypasses 3D secue for INR transaction, they will be charged with huge fine.

As of December 2012, Apple has proposed RBI to consider allowing one time 3D secure verification while adding cards, so that one click purchase can still be possible, and RBI is considering it.

Even credit cards require 3D secure in India. So prepaid credit card will not help. A few cards are still accepting 3D secure bypass request, like Axis Bank MasterCard, but nothing can be guranteed for future.
    The only reason I can think for the card not being accepted is that, for whatever reason, Google thinks your card is untrustworthy.

If you want to contact Google then search their website - it's not like we are going to have a phone number on speed-dial that we can just give you.
    Google Checkout is now Google Wallet, a service like Paypal.

Indian cards, when used online, have lots of restrictions, redirections, verifications etc. The catch is, everything must happen in real-time; making it impossible to be used in services like Google Wallet where Google stores your card info and uses it at some point in future.
    Previously, Google Checkout was real-time, so some cards used to work. Blame Google for making another Google+-esq mistake by removing any direct payment method with the aim of pushing its Google Wallet as a major competitor of Paypal.

I contacted their support, they said that SBI debit cards shall work. However, Saketme reports that even that is not working. I request him to contact Wallet support and post the response here.

Update: Some say that these cards stopped working because INR transactions have been implemented. Axis Bank cards used to work, so did virtual credit cards; both are now bocked.

Edit: Can I post links? thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-www/161111-must-read-information-regarding-indian-debit-cards-8.html
    Most debit cards stopped working since Google Play begun showing amount in INR.

Alternate solution:

1. Go to wallet.google.com
    2. Add a new card
    3. Enter your card no., name, etc.
    4. Enter a fake US Address and a fake US Phone number (use fakenamegenerator.com for this)
    5. Your card will be accepted
    6. Now change your address and phone number back to your genuine ones
    7. Enjoy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Google Support is rather quick to respond on forums, especially if it's a usability issue on one of their websites.
    Especially because debit cards are 100% accepted by them.

A guy with the same problem as yours, got a response by a google power user:

ravinder sharma
    while purchanging custom domain through blogger with my debit visa card which is dully activated and verified by visa--error shows- decline the error no- bX-74br4 please advise why they are declining the debit visa card.

LMckin51-Power Poster
    If your credit/debit card was declined, consider the following issues that users often encounter when making purchases online:

• Enter the entire card number without any spaces or dashes
    • Verify your card hasn't expired, and enter the correct expiration date
    • Enter the correct Card Verification Code (CVC)
    • Google Wallet only sends CVC information to your bank for the initial authorization of your card. To ensure the security of your credit card information, Google does not store your CVC and it will not be sent for all other authorizations.
    • Confirm the billing address listed in your Google Wallet account matches the billing address that appears on your credit/debit card statement
    If you're not able to correct the problem after double-checking and re-entering all of your information, we suggest contacting your credit/debit card-issuer for more information. Once you successfully update your payment information, the seller can charge and fulfill your order. Review the status of your order and confirm your card was successfully updated by signing into your account at wallet dot google dot com/manage

If you place an order as a Google Wallet guest and your credit/debit card declines, your order will automatically be cancelled. If you'd still like to complete the transaction, please place a new order.

A recommended search for future problems like this can be found at here on Google forums
    (XDA won't let me post links < 10 posts)
    You can find those by going to productforums dot google dot com