• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Unable to Unlock (TF700T)

Search This thread

snevel

Oct 23, 2012
Hi All,

I've been doing a lot of searching and reading on the forums but haven't found an solution to my problem.

I've been tgrying to unlock the boot-loader of my tablet for days. I downloaded and installed v8 of the
ASUS unlock tool.

Everytime I try to use it, I get to the "Google Account Verification" step it says:

"Your password is not valid"​

I know I've entered the correct password. I've actually signed out of my google accounts from the tablet
and then signed back in just to make sure I wasn't fat-fingering it over and over.

Here're the details:

ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
Android Version 4.2.1
Kernel Version 3.1.10-gb1a9af5
Build number: JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10.20130801​

As far as I know, the tablet is absolutely stock (I bought it on e-bay)

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

I want to unlock, the install TWRP via fast-boot on the way to trying a couple of custom roms.

My search-foo is relatively weak so if I've missed an obvious thread, please forgive me.

atTHANKSvance!

Simeon

snevel

Oct 23, 2012
That was my problem..

I didn't actually need to deactivate 2-step authentication. Google will generate an application specific password for those programs that can't handle the 2 step process. I generated one for the unlock tool and it unlocked on the first try.

snevel

Oct 23, 2012
That was it...

Instead of deactivating 2-step auth, I generated a new app specfic password for the unlock tool. I put it in and it worked the first time.

Thanks again!!

rstockto

Oct 5, 2014
That was my problem..

I didn't actually need to deactivate 2-step authentication. Google will generate an application specific password for those programs that can't handle the 2 step process. I generated one for the unlock tool and it unlocked on the first try.

I actually didn't have 2-step authentication activated...BUT...after reading this, I tried generating an app specific password for the Update tool, and worked for me. Thanks for the tip.

pacman65

Apr 5, 2015
Here's another solution: (I couldn't get any of the above solutions to work)

After 20 minutes thrashing around in the jungle of Google settings I discovered that in the Google "Less secure apps" page of the account settings it says "Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks." So I changed the "Access for less secure apps" on that page to "Turn on" and - bingo ! - the Unlock app on my Asus tf700t accepted the Google account password that it had previously been rejecting and went on to unlock the tablet. Then I went back to the "Less secure apps" page of the account settings and changed it back to "Turn off", i.e. I restored it to the more secure setting.

Verily the Asus/Android/Google world moves in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbdags

JoeArech

Jul 5, 2011
St. Louis, MO

After 20 minutes thrashing around in the jungle of Google settings I discovered that in the Google "Less secure apps" page of the account settings it says "Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks." So I changed the "Access for less secure apps" on that page to "Turn on" and - bingo ! - the Unlock app on my Asus tf700t accepted the Google account password that it had previously been rejecting and went on to unlock the tablet. Then I went back to the "Less secure apps" page of the account settings and changed it back to "Turn off", i.e. I restored it to the more secure setting.

I have tried this as well and I cannot get my tablet to unlock. I have verified it is registered within ASUS' systems, I have verified I do not have 2 factor authentication and I have less secure access on.
Does anyone have any other ideas how to get passed this Google Password issue?

Joe

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
Been banging my head against the wall for a while on this one.
That worked perfectly... and without having to factory reset. Thanks!!!

I've been trying to unlock mine for over 2 years. V7 unlock installed, removed account, ran unlock tool, VIOLA! Success!

Now, what seems to be the best ROM to use is what I have to figure out next...... is there a solid KK or Lollipop ROM?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes. Factory reset the tablet, setup wifi but no Google account, run the app, it'll work now

I found that once I deleted my Google account on the tablet I was able to complete the bootloader unlock.

Thanks for the assistance.
    Yes. Factory reset the tablet, setup wifi but no Google account, run the app, it'll work now
    You don't have 2-step verification activ on your Google account, do you?
    If yes, you need to disable it for this procedure.
    Brilliant!

You have almost certainly diagnosed my problem....

It's late here, but I'll turn off 2-factor authentication and try again in the morning.

I'll post again with my results.

:eek: Thanks but it's just experience....