[Q] “Unauthorized actions have been detected. error

Search This thread

DCpro

May 29, 2015
Hey guys, I've bought the s6 edge 2 days ago, Im getting this error notification: “Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes.”

how do i get rid of that pop up message? I've tried both soft and hard factory reset, even went to the extent to reflash the phone at the samsung store, even they dont know whats going on.

i also factory reset the phone leaving it with factory apps, ( i did not install any app) just to see if it would show the same error message, which it did again every 5 mins

how do i fix this problem? I've searched online, its like a common problem and it happened before with other guys s4 and s5,

thanks!

mp1234

May 29, 2015
s6 edge unauthorised actions have been detected

hi i have this problem as well on a brand new edge, i havnt done anything to alter phone, tryed factory resets and installing no apps etc and this message keeps coming up in the notification bar, i have spoke to everyone supplier (tesco mobile) manufacturer (Samsung) and security software developers knox and no one will give me any help other than handsets ganna have to go back, which is ganna break my heart installing all apps and spending hours setting phone up, i believe that probably all s6 edge phones have this problem and we need an update to security policy or software anyhow, if someone can help or find out anything let me no please, im not interested in rooting phone and potentially voiding waranty.

Sienlel

May 30, 2015
Unauthorised action

Hi, I am having exactly the same issue with my brand new s6 edge from within the first hour I had it. It's driving me nuts, can't find anything on the Internet on solutions just that the issue has been around before in the s5. Weirdly my wife got an s6 edge same day as me and doesn't have the problem at all, she didn't activate the knox app. I got a white one and my wife a gold one, not sure if there's anything in that but worth an ask. Come on Samsung sort it out.

mp1234

May 29, 2015
mines a uk white too, im trying to hold out a couple of weeks before sending it back as im going away, i just hope an update comes through, cause i dont want the hassle of sending it back.

Reactions: Sienlel

mp1234

May 29, 2015
well its looking that way but i cant believe that the different colours were flashed with software any different, update us samsung please.

Diefenbach

May 31, 2015
Seems related with preinstalled knox.... but maybe not.
I have the same issue. I couldn't find a solution unless to send the phone back or root it.
Is there any diagnostic tool to identify the application triggering this issue?

mp1234

May 29, 2015
well got excited this morning got a Samsung software update, but guess what unauthorised actions have been detected still came up :( i think a security policy update is what we need, im ganna try and message Samsung again.

LaireTM

Nov 6, 2014
I have the same problem. It seems there are many phones affected. The Samsung Hotline say: We know it, but we have no solution. Please exchange you phone at your dealer.

gclancer

Jun 27, 2012
I have both the T-Mobile S6 Edge 128GB white and G925I 128gb white I just received this morning. I have this issue within an hour having the G925I but never had any issue with the T-Mobile version since I got that one last week. It's super annoying.

DCpro

May 29, 2015
Seems like its an issue to some of us, but not to everyone or else this thread would be flooded

leanne

Jul 18, 2007
Surrey
I had the same problem. Spent hours trying to fix it and spoke to Samsung on the phone for quite some time. Apparently there is no fix and I was told to return the phone. I have a new one coming in the mail today and am crossing my fingers that it does not have the same problem.

leanne

Jul 18, 2007
Surrey
So far it seems that this one is fine. I updated to the most recent software, cleared cache and am using smart switch to reinstall all my stuff. It's been going for about 45 minutes and no security issues as of yet.

DCpro

May 29, 2015
So far it seems that this one is fine. I updated to the most recent software, cleared cache and am using smart switch to reinstall all my stuff. It's been going for about 45 minutes and no security issues as of yet.

Please keep us updated some more. by the way , did samsung already released a new update?

thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disable "Security Log Agent". This app shows the notification.

However, this is not the origin of the issue. We will have to wait for an update.
    Freeze security log agent in titanium backup . Tested and works
    20160430_201842.png
    Again: Just disable "Security Log Agent". That's it.
    Update: I spoke too soon, kinda... So everything was working fine in the beginning. Notification did not come up once. I go to sleep, wake, up, look at my phone, no notification, but there is a system update. I update the phone. Couple minutes later, while browsing through my phone, there is the stupid exclamation mark inside the triangle.

I guess the assumption is that first system update is the problem. I think 5.1.1 is scheduled to come out early June? Maybe it will be fixed.

Edit: The short term solution for anyone with this issue is to download the app called: Package Disabler by ospolice. From there you can disable the SecurityLogAgent that is causing this notification.