[Q] Unlock Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 locked to Verizon

Search This thread

tk76

Sep 13, 2008
fulgerul- thanks for sharing your experience. I just received my giffgaff (UK GSM) sim card in the mail. I'm hoping to get to ICS OTA prior to flying to London, but I guess worst case I can get it to work under GB.

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007
The procedure was pretty straightforward once I've managed to successfully install the drivers (once again, Motocast was extremely helpful).

One thing though, at a certain point I had to reboot the phone - moment when the RAZR stopped getting signal (barred bars and an exclamation sign - similar to no sim inserted).

I had to swap the sim cards a couple of times (from 2 different operators) - once powered on without, once with sim card, swapped them when phone on and VOILA the signal was back.

Dunno why, but it happened. Now i'm a little afraid to power off the phone :)

atown93

Feb 3, 2012
$700 paper weight

Back with news: got the phone, did a factory data reset (just to check the rumors that some XT912 aren't able to factory reset successfully) and activated the phone via the 4 fingers trick at android screen.

I too just purchased a razr while visiting the states and was told by the sales guy at virizon that it would work for me no problem..... well he made the sale and I have an expensive phone that just looks cool.

What is this 4 finger trick at the andriod screen? I have been able to perform a factory reset (and I noticed changes) but i cant find anything about any 4 finger trick to activate the phone. Im stuck at the "unknown source" screen.

Ive seen all sort of solutions online even putting a sim in and letting it sit for 30 min. I left it for a day and nothing. Ive tried all sorts of things. Ive even called verizon and motorola for help as well as several "unlock" companies for help and nothing.

Please help.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Back with news: got the phone, did a factory data reset (just to check the rumors that some XT912 aren't able to factory reset successfully) and activated the phone via the 4 fingers trick at android screen.

I too just purchased a razr while visiting the states and was told by the sales guy at virizon that it would work for me no problem..... well he made the sale and I have an expensive phone that just looks cool.

What is this 4 finger trick at the andriod screen? I have been able to perform a factory reset (and I noticed changes) but i cant find anything about any 4 finger trick to activate the phone. Im stuck at the "unknown source" screen.

Ive seen all sort of solutions online even putting a sim in and letting it sit for 30 min. I left it for a day and nothing. Ive tried all sorts of things. Ive even called verizon and motorola for help as well as several "unlock" companies for help and nothing.

Please help.

Hi,

As far as I know unlock vrz razr is only a mith.. But vrz stated that they're about to unlock it for international use via a software update. My guess is they will unlock it with ICS wich is coning.

I saw a guy (@youtube) using it at gsm network. Vid is named 'verizon gsm razr metro pc', if my memory dont cheat me.

Cheers

Enviado de meu XT910 usando o Tapatalk 2

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011
With the .206 ICS leak on the CDMA razr, I was able to use a sim card while in Europe. No unlock code necessary.
I haven't tried it with US carriers yet, but I know it works in Europe. I used a prepaid sim there while travelling.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
With the .206 ICS leak on the CDMA razr, I was able to use a sim card while in Europe. No unlock code necessary.
I haven't tried it with US carriers yet, but I know it works in Europe. I used a prepaid sim there while travelling.

Well, as the .206 leak is pretty much the next vrz update its probably unlocked already. Nice to rear that because I'd love to have a maxx here.

:)

Enviado de meu XT910 usando o Tapatalk 2

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007

Please help.

Sorry mate but I don't think you've been looking too hard for the solution.

On the second page @cellzealot has posted a link to the unlock method (via Radiocomm). You just need to read.

As far as the 4 corner hacktivation method, here is an explanatory video

@pedro - Well, I am using the Razr Maxx with leaked ICS .79 on gsm carrier. But unfortunately on this build the gsm part is not factory enable, I had to use Radiocomm as I did on GB 2.3.6 .181 build

Last edited:
Reactions: atown93

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011
I only used it for calls and text. I had wifi when available so didn't really need data.
Calls and text worked fine.

Reactions: Abu-7abash

simmp5

Aug 11, 2010
I just got off the phone with a rep from Verizon, and what she told me was that by default my phone XT912 was in fact already unlocked and that I not need to take any actions for when I travel abroad. I am not rooted, all factory, running on 2.3.6 with a system version 6.12.181. Hope this helps.

pltctytc

May 17, 2012
tampa bay
I just got off the phone with a rep from Verizon, and what she told me was that by default my phone XT912 was in fact already unlocked and that I not need to take any actions for when I travel abroad. I am not rooted, all factory, running on 2.3.6 with a system version 6.12.181. Hope this helps.

most if not all european carriers are in the phone which is gsm capable out of the box. they're visible if you go into the program menu

ShanNuf

Dec 3, 2010
I'm not interested in using my RAZR MAXX on GSM, but I am interested in finding a way to unlock it and use it with US Cellular.

Any suggestions?

chagua

Jun 16, 2007
i can confirm that the hack does work and if you use your sim with data plan works with any problem, the only thing i got issue is with share wifi hotspot is there any way to activate or hack wifi hotspot , cause when i try to turn it on a message apears to ¨activate the service call 800 ..... number¨

atown93

Feb 3, 2012
Sorry mate but I don't think you've been looking too hard for the solution.

On the second page @cellzealot has posted a link to the unlock method (via Radiocomm). You just need to read.

I was trying to find a clean download of the software and kept getting broken links to old mediafire downloads. finally got the software and used the unlock method above. I have tried 3 times now and followed all steps exactly with no errors. After power up the phone, Im not getting an option to switch to GSM..... still only CDMA/LTE and CDMA....?

Am i doing something wrong?

xBlackDroid

Aug 5, 2011
Buffalo
i can confirm that the hack does work and if you use your sim with data plan works with any problem, the only thing i got issue is with share wifi hotspot is there any way to activate or hack wifi hotspot , cause when i try to turn it on a message apears to ¨activate the service call 800 ..... number¨

Wich metod do you used?

andymoto

Apr 7, 2011
2G data not working

I bought an xt912 in India, its running ICS, using Airtel micro SIM!
2G data not working, can anyone help me out with that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Verizon Razr has no SIM lock and is therefore unlocked by default.
    The new ICS leaks enable global use by default with foreign SIMs, no unlock code required.

Same for D4.
    The message should say " This SIM card is from an unknown source!" and should be able to be dismissed and everything will work anyway.

There is no true SIM lock that requires a code based on the IMEI like a typical carrier locked GSM phone or previous VZW global capable phones have.

The ICS builds, once officially released, have global services enabled using the same string in the RF_BC_CONFIG_I NV Item that we have been using to enable GSM.

If you have a RAZR on 2.3.6 then you need to apply the NV edit to make it work.
    If you flash to the latest leaked ICS build, it should all just work by default.

This only works for non US carriers for international GSM use.

There is still a separate lock on US GSM carriers that we need to find and disable if possible.

Hope this answers your questions.
    Hello, I have a Motorola Droid Razr XT912 locked to Verizon and how to unlock this phone ?
    I bought a unlock code with its IMEI number and I don't know how to input this code !
    :(

I found this in cca 10 seconds.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjJcpF4HGE
    Sorry.... In that case i dont know why does he mentions lte in that video... :-/
    912 doesn't behave same?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    I'm so sorry guy! This video clip is talking about XT910. XT912 is a CDMA phone :(

It's the same unlocking method to xt912 and xt910..Buy your code.

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk