• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Unlock SG Exibit II 4G

Search This thread

riteshbafna

Nov 13, 2011
Hi,

I know this is not the forum for Exhibit II 4G, but I did not find one so thought of posting it here because it is a variant of Galaxy S.

I have already rooted my T-Mobile SG Exhibit II 4G. I was wondering if there is a way to unlock this phone.

Thanks.

tinkererx

Sep 11, 2011
Tampa Bay Area
Have you had a look at sanfanx415's thread a bit further down this forum's page? I imagine it would be something similar to that.

It involves making a copy of the relevant files and using a hex editor on your computer to search for the code. It likely won't be in the same place in the file, but it's a starting point. Look for an eight digit code in the file in a hex editor.

Also, there are other methods that may involve actually editing that file, but it looks like some users have had major issues with that so I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing. Searching for it worked for me with no side effects.

riteshbafna

Nov 13, 2011
Have you had a look at sanfanx415's thread a bit further down this forum's page? I imagine it would be something similar to that.

It involves making a copy of the relevant files and using a hex editor on your computer to search for the code. It likely won't be in the same place in the file, but it's a starting point. Look for an eight digit code in the file in a hex editor.

Also, there are other methods that may involve actually editing that file, but it looks like some users have had major issues with that so I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing. Searching for it worked for me with no side effects.

Yea, I tried SanFranx415's method, but as you correctly said, the file bml3 is not in the same place. I do not know the best place to search for that file. But will try.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Just call tmob and tell them you need it unlocked because your going abroad. No hassle and then text you the unlock code in 24 hours.