• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Unlock Vodafone p10

Search This thread

jimmipp

Nov 24, 2015
Hi All

Apologies as this have probably come up loads but i can't get the "reassurance" i need to do it.

Basically i am the proud owner of the p10 via vodfone uk ... i am looking at maybe unlocking the phone (I know this can be done) but the outcome i want is for it to essentially be stock or in other words as if i purchased an unlocked P10 on amazon for example.

The reason for this is i would like quicker access to updates in Europe rather than wait for the carrier to arrange them. The software from vodafone UK doesn't seem to be as smooth as when i see reviews based on unlocked phones ? some micro stuttering in the app draw and chrome seems to run badly. I know some phones shipped with slower onboard storage but mine was a shade under 800 mbs when i checked so all OK on that front.

So once i have unlocked the phone how do i then make the phone as if its a standard unlocked model ... suspect it would involve flashing a new ROM ? I am sticking with Vodafone for now so is an unlock code even needed? could i flash a stock rom other the vodafone software ?

Many thanks in advance

glehel

Jun 9, 2013
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi All

Apologies as this have probably come up loads but i can't get the "reassurance" i need to do it.

Basically i am the proud owner of the p10 via vodfone uk ... i am looking at maybe unlocking the phone (I know this can be done) but the outcome i want is for it to essentially be stock or in other words as if i purchased an unlocked P10 on amazon for example.

The reason for this is i would like quicker access to updates in Europe rather than wait for the carrier to arrange them. The software from vodafone UK doesn't seem to be as smooth as when i see reviews based on unlocked phones ? some micro stuttering in the app draw and chrome seems to run badly. I know some phones shipped with slower onboard storage but mine was a shade under 800 mbs when i checked so all OK on that front.

So once i have unlocked the phone how do i then make the phone as if its a standard unlocked model ... suspect it would involve flashing a new ROM ? I am sticking with Vodafone for now so is an unlock code even needed? could i flash a stock rom other the vodafone software ?

Many thanks in advance

the solution Rebrand.
Please search xda unlock/rebrand thread.