[Q] Unlocked padlock and reboot issue s4

Search This thread

thefawzy

Dec 9, 2013
hi,
i have an att s4 that randomly switched my boot image to an unlocked padlock with the word custom under it. once that happened, it stopped being able to reboot.
the phone now has to be completely ereased (internal memory) and wipe system, cache, dalvik cache and date then install the rom plus gapps to turn on.
i did nothing to th phone other than switch roms once and i belive i went from cm 10.2 to a slimbean to test it out or something. now it will not restart and i am running omni 4.4.1 because thats the last thing i found on my sd.

hep!!!!!

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Sounds like you did a full data wipe instead of a factory reset when changing ROMs... That is always a no no. I am not sure how to fix it short of using Odin to go completely back to stock and starting over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thefawzy

Dec 9, 2013
Already tried that and the phone won't let it book the first time. It says that system is. It supported by Att or something. A yellow triangle thing comes up.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
You have to read the OP of triangle away. That is part of the process on the S4.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Follow these steps.

http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/06...y-s4-gt-i505-m919-i337-international.html?m=1

Don't worry about unlocked bootloader.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone