• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Unrooted itself? and easiest way to reroot?

Search This thread

zack_droid

Nov 23, 2011
OK. So I restored back to the stock Kindle Fire rom. After I did that, it restarted like 3 times and now it's unrooted. I'm pretty sure it didn't update itself. But I'm not sure.

Also, Kindle Fire Utility won't detect my kindle, so I can't use that to reroot. What would be the easiest way to root it again? I don't want to go through the hell that I experienced last time aha.

asb2164

Feb 7, 2011
If you figured out how to root it the first time you should be able to do it again all the tools are located in the Developer section go do some reading and do it.

rolyatkcinmai

Feb 17, 2011
Boston
OK. So I restored back to the stock Kindle Fire rom. After I did that, it restarted like 3 times and now it's unrooted. I'm pretty sure it didn't update itself. But I'm not sure.

Also, Kindle Fire Utility won't detect my kindle, so I can't use that to reroot. What would be the easiest way to root it again? I don't want to go through the hell that I experienced last time aha.

Use BurritoRoot3 to root and get FFF.

Then try to get KFU working to install TWRP.

astro11

Oct 10, 2011
Quebec
Actually I'm having a very similar problem. My Kindle Fire automagically unrooted and now it isn't being recognized in any adb at all. I'm even using Ubuntu Linux right now and "adb devices" doesn't recognize my KF.

Before unrooting, my Kindle Fire had stock rom with no recovery. Just rooted to have access to default android market. I don't know what to do right now.