[Q] Updated to 3.1 manually, didn't recieve dock update ?

Search This thread

epicfailguy2

Jan 3, 2009
Hi, I just recieved my transformer third replacement, and this unit is good, no defect whatsoever so far, but I powered it on, charged it, and I couldn't find any update to 3.1 OTA... So I applied manually the 3.1 update from asus website with a microSD.

Great now I am on 3.1...

But, I am not recieving the notification to update the dock ! Like I had on my previous transformers which updated over the air.

Is there any way to update the dock with a microSD card ??? Thanks a lot. I used the search engine but didn't find any answer on this topic.

I know my dock is not updated because when I press the spacebar it doesn't wake up the tablet's screen, and this particular behavior was present on my previous dock updated transformers.

darkonex

Jun 2, 2011
Yes I don't recall the detailed steps offhand but you download the firmware update for the tablet from Asus's website and put it on SD card adn update that, then once it reboots it prompts you to update the dock. It was very easy and the steps are on Asus's site alongside the firmware downloads.

frosty5689

May 10, 2011
Hi, I just recieved my transformer third replacement, and this unit is good, no defect whatsoever so far, but I powered it on, charged it, and I couldn't find any update to 3.1 OTA... So I applied manually the 3.1 update from asus website with a microSD.

Great now I am on 3.1...

But, I am not recieving the notification to update the dock ! Like I had on my previous transformers which updated over the air.

Is there any way to update the dock with a microSD card ??? Thanks a lot. I used the search engine but didn't find any answer on this topic.

I know my dock is not updated because when I press the spacebar it doesn't wake up the tablet's screen, and this particular behavior was present on my previous dock updated transformers.
If your dock is already at firmware 209, there is no newer updates available. 3.1 did not come with a newer firmware for the dock (contrary to what was stated by ASUS on Twitter)

Digiguest

Dec 26, 2010
Ontario
I just got my dock yesterday....it is 207 FIRMWARE and it is STILL at 207 even though I have 3.1 installed.

Can someone just simply the 209 firmware please?

frosty5689

May 10, 2011
You can downgrade to 3.0.13 which has the 209 firmware, or root and install Prime 1.4 which has the 209 firmware in the ROM.