[Q:] Upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S II

Search This thread

DjoeN

Aug 10, 2010
Planet Earth
I still own a HTC Hero and want to upgrade to a newer Android Phone
So after reading lotsa pages and pages, i came to the conclusion that this is the betetr phone to get.

I had the HTC EVO3D / HTC Sensation / LG Optimus 2X / LG Optimus 3D and Samsung Galaxy S II in mind, i'm not out of it complete, but as far as custom roms and future proof (i know that's a bit odd, cause it's going to fast in smartphoneland) i think the Samsung GSII is well worth the buy, 3D was more of a gimmick i wanted, but it's not really needed :)

So should i go for the Galaxy II, or should i take the HTC Sensation or LG 2X in consideration?

TeeJayEss

Dec 12, 2010
Portsmouth
I moved from a Desire to the Galaxy S2 a few days ago, and am loving it. For me, it was between the Sensation and Galaxy S2, but from all the reviews, the Galaxy S2 seemed to constantly edge it - plus, although I was a fan of the Sense interface on HTC phones, the latest versions felt more heavyweight, especially compared the relatively lightweight TouchWiz interface, which I thought would impact performance in the future.

Either way, they're all great phones, you'll love whatever you do go for, but I feel I made the right decision. :)

DjoeN

Aug 10, 2010
Planet Earth
Well it's only 2 posts, but i'll order the Galaxy S II, seems i can't be wrong with it :), at least, it's always better then my wife her iPhone 4 :D