[Q] Urgent simple question regarding S8500

Search This thread

w1ckedz

Mar 15, 2011
Hey,

I've got a friend that has a s8500, the screen broke and i changed it. By the time i gave it back to him he had forgotten the Phone Securty code he had setup. The only thing i want is a way to recover the data before the reset.

Is there any way to achieve that? Or is there any way to reset/get the code ? I've been looking into the FLOCK thread but im afraid it will lose the data after the flash.
We also contacted Samsung and they said the only way to reset that code is with a hard reset which will make the data being lost.

Can i in recovery/download mode get the data? The most important thing is the contacts/photos.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Hey,

I've got a friend that has a s8500, the screen broke and i changed it. By the time i gave it back to him he had forgotten the Phone Securty code he had setup. The only thing i want is a way to recover the data before the reset.

Is there any way to achieve that? Or is there any way to reset/get the code ? I've been looking into the FLOCK thread but im afraid it will lose the data after the flash.
We also contacted Samsung and they said the only way to reset that code is with a hard reset which will make the data being lost.

Can i in recovery/download mode get the data? The most important thing is the contacts/photos.

Thanks in advance.

No idea about the FLOCK thing, i think it's to unlock SIM-LOCK or freeze and not the phone.
The photo are recoverable with android, not sure about the contact (i don't know where they are stored in bada).

In short, you need to boot an android recovery (see the android dev on bada section, i can also provide more detailled instructions), mount bada user partition and then copy paste what's inside on SDcard.
It need an sdcard, a SD fota, multiloader an android kernel and adb (android debug bridge, free software anywhere on the net).
No data will be lost if you do it (if you are on bada 2, else i don't know, and phone will still be locked).

w1ckedz

Mar 15, 2011
No idea about the FLOCK thing, i think it's to unlock SIM-LOCK or freeze and not the phone.
The photo are recoverable with android, not sure about the contact (i don't know where they are stored in bada).

In short, you need to boot an android recovery (see the android dev on bada section, i can also provide more detailled instructions), mount bada user partition and then copy paste what's inside on SDcard.
It need an sdcard, a SD fota, multiloader an android kernel and adb (android debug bridge, free software anywhere on the net).
No data will be lost if you do it (if you are on bada 2, else i don't know, and phone will still be locked).

Thank you, i had forgotten that i could just boot a costum recovery. Need to do some research on the contacts location tho since it's really the most important data i need to recover. Thank you again.