[Q] USB charging port

Search This thread

wilberatilioa

Sep 5, 2010
First, I bought this device the day it came out on ATT. I love it, but I do not know if is a malfunction of my phone or all of them are the same. When I try to connect the USB cable it gives me a really hard time cause is like if something is blocking the port. I have tried with different cables, but all of them give me the same result. I have to push really hard to get it connected and I think is something that should not happen, I want to know if you guys have the same problem or if this is something happening just to me. Thanks. :fingers-crossed:

themustached

Jul 24, 2011
When inserting your cord tilt it down after you first insert it. Takes a bit getting used too, but it's smoother that way. Mine does that as well.

Sent from my G3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Sini-Siki

Jul 19, 2014
same issue with my (T-Mobile)

First, I bought this device the day it came out on ATT. I love it, but I do not know if is a malfunction of my phone or all of them are the same. When I try to connect the USB cable it gives me a really hard time cause is like if something is blocking the port. I have tried with different cables, but all of them give me the same result. I have to push really hard to get it connected and I think is something that should not happen, I want to know if you guys have the same problem or if this is something happening just to me. Thanks. :fingers-crossed:

I'm glad you posted this as I picked my last Wednesday from T-Mobile store. Everything works great on the phone , the only issue is plugging the charging cable in. I tried my other chargers as well but same with all of.them. trick is to tilt downward and it goes in. I don't know if I should exchange for a new one?

joe23521

Oct 2, 2012
It works, too bad I waited too long to ask because I have a couple of scratches now

Yeah, same here. Though I have noticed that the micro USB connector on the stock cable features a couple of extra "hooks" that my other chargers don't have.

My old charger connector goes into the G3 a lot more effortlessly. However, when using that non-LG charger, the phone buzzes randomly for the first few minutes after being plugged in. Sounds like I'm getting a notification, but there's nothing showing. Bugged me to no end, so now I'm back to the new LG charger. I may try to just swap out the cable and see what happens.

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa
Yeah, same here. Though I have noticed that the micro USB connector on the stock cable features a couple of extra "hooks" that my other chargers don't have.

My old charger connector goes into the G3 a lot more effortlessly. However, when using that non-LG charger, the phone buzzes randomly for the first few minutes after being plugged in. Sounds like I'm getting a notification, but there's nothing showing. Bugged me to no end, so now I'm back to the new LG charger. I may try to just swap out the cable and see what happens.
Yeah there's something up with other Micro USB cables.. My car charger causes the phone to do this exact same thing.

LineMan77

Jul 22, 2014
Mine does the exact same thing. One thing I did notice is the charger seems to fit better and be more snug, making it less likely for charging issues to occur like the cord coming out. Im still getting used to the way to plug it in, but i like it a lot more. I constantly had the cord being loose or having to be in a certain position on my HTC One X+. Glad to know mine isnt the only one that way. :good:

Reactions: stuartr

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Any new updates on this? My still needs to be tilted in order to get in. I don't think this will change?

Sent from my LG G3

Both of my G3s do this. I had a F400S (Korean model) and it was the same way. Its most likely how it was designed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jclu52

rsadalarasu

Dec 22, 2010
Even i had the same problem. First i thought i got a phone with malfunctioned usb port, then i found that i have to use a different angle to push the cable in.

1miracle2

Nov 13, 2010
Phx
my new tMobile G3 is doing the same freak'n thing.
the phone itself is [email protected]$$ but the port is def. a manufacturer defect.
I don't know where every one is getting this, "more secure" b.s.
It's not more secure and it may very well snap that small extension in half after some time if we're not careful enough.

Tweakecho

Jul 30, 2007
Jacksonville
my new tMobile G3 is doing the same freak'n thing.
the phone itself is [email protected]$$ but the port is def. a manufacturer defect.
I don't know where every one is getting this, "more secure" b.s.
It's not more secure and it may very well snap that small extension in half after some time if we're not careful enough.

I think the idea is to give the port a little more flex. there are a lot of returns on phones is the usb port coming loose, and causing improper charging, i think it was an attempt to fix a problem... and your right only time will tell if its worthy fix or just BS... lol

jclu52

Mar 25, 2013
thank you sharing your experiences

I got a D851 (G3 T-Mobile model) from ebay. I kept thinking it's the cable I used. I don't have this issue on other devices.

I am so glad you sharing all the info here. I was thinking about exchanging it after trying different cables and all does the same.

Thank you guys sharing your experiences here. :good: :highfive: :victory:

Best, J

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When inserting your cord tilt it down after you first insert it. Takes a bit getting used too, but it's smoother that way. Mine does that as well.

Sent from my G3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Same here. I don't think it's a big deal. Just gotta angle it a bit

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    It's that way for everyone. Once you've done it a couple times, you'll start doing it without thinking.
    Mine does the exact same thing. One thing I did notice is the charger seems to fit better and be more snug, making it less likely for charging issues to occur like the cord coming out. Im still getting used to the way to plug it in, but i like it a lot more. I constantly had the cord being loose or having to be in a certain position on my HTC One X+. Glad to know mine isnt the only one that way. :good:
    Any new updates on this? My still needs to be tilted in order to get in. I don't think this will change?

Sent from my LG G3

Both of my G3s do this. I had a F400S (Korean model) and it was the same way. Its most likely how it was designed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone