[Q] Use Phone Microphone When Connected to Bluetooth Stereo

Search This thread

Jakvett

Oct 1, 2013
I've been setting up voice commands recently for use in my car. I have an HTC One M8, but I don't think my issue is device specific (this isn't really an issue per say, but a tweak that I think should be possible).

What currently happens is my phone connects to the stereo using A2DP bluetooth. It plays music and takes phone calls as it should. When I initiate a voice command, the music is paused, the stereo displays "voice ctrl", and the command is heard through the stereo microphone. The issue with this, is the stereo does not return to playing music after the command. I have to press the call button on the stereo to return to the music.

What I would like to have happen is when a voice command is initiated, the media volume is reduced (using Tasker), and the phone microphone is used without triggering the stereo.

I've searched a fair amount, but haven't found any solution for defaulting to the phone mic when bluetooth is connected. I'm convinced there has to be a way to do it, what am I missing?

SinkRate

Jan 3, 2015
Solved it once

I have a Htc Desire 600, and my way of solving it is at the call menu there are small icons while on call, there's a bluetooh option, phone option and a handsfree option, i kept the phone option on default, hope that helps
Cheers!:)